2018-2019 Arkansas College of Osteopathic Medicine (ARCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone on the facebook page noticed an increase in added members that are students?

Members don't see this ad.

Can anyone provide any insight towards future Clinical Rotation sites for OMS-III and IV? Do you feel the school will continue to develop more relationships in more states? Is there options for elective rotations not listed?
There will be many other rotation sites added in the future (and it's definitely more than what's listed on the website now), but you can expect them to be more prevalently located in AR and its surrounding states. The goal of the school is to improve health care in AR, and trying to strengthen relationships with hospitals in the area that could potentially become sites for our residency programs would make more sense. Though, I think we currently have a CA site for elective rotations.

There will be many other rotation sites added in the future (and it's definitely more than what's listed on the website now), but you can expect them to be more prevalently located in AR and its surrounding states. The goal of the school is to improve health care in AR, and trying to strengthen relationships with hospitals in the area that could potentially become sites for our residency programs would make more sense. Though, I think we currently have a CA site for elective rotations.
Is there anyway to find a list that they have currently? For 4th year electives are they more flexible? I know that some programs allow you to perform a 4th year elective in your hometown as long as its with a DO doctor.

Members don't see this ad :)
Is there anyway to find a list that they have currently? For 4th year electives are they more flexible? I know that some programs allow you to perform a 4th year elective in your hometown as long as its with a DO doctor.
I know for sure that we have way more sites than what's listed on our website (Clinical Rotation Sites | ARCOM) because we were shown the complete list during a presentation last semester. I really don't know where you could find the complete list. There are 10 main core rotation sites at the moment and the rest are for electives and selectives. I am pretty sure you can do your electives anywhere you want, and that's why schools usually put most of them during your 4th year because you're probably going to wanna do some audition rotations for residencies during that year.

Just got the call 20 minutes ago and was accepted off the waitlist here. In complete shock..

Reactions: 7 users
Congrats ! What was your stats if you don’t mind me asking?

Reactions: 1 user
Congrats ! What was your stats if you don’t mind me asking?

Thank you!

CGPA / SGPA: 3.8 / 3.8
MCAT: 502 (125/125/126/126)
EC: 200ish hours volunteering
80 hours shadowing
1800 hours of ED scribing

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone know of good places to live? I do not want to live on campus or in the new townhouses being built.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if the “stethoscope scholarship” we get allows us to choose our own or is it what they provide?

Does anyone know if all the on-campus student apartments are completely filled?

I have an interview for the master's program this Friday, can anyone tell me some details and the kind of questions they asked? Please feel free to PM me. Thanks

Does anyone know if ARCOM has specific traffic guidelines that require accepted students to hold only one spot after May 15th?

Can someone start a separate thread for the M.S. program? Please and thank you.

Also has there been any movement on the waitlist? Starting to lose hope here.

Congrats! Did they call or email? Also can you share your stats?

506 MCAT (all 126 and 127 for section scores)
3.75 Grad GPA U of M Ann Arbor Biochemistry
200 hours ED volunteering one on one patient contact
1 year scribing
Misc volunteer stuff
3000+ research hours discovering a new cancer drug that worked
White straight male
OOS

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 3 users
506 MCAT (all 126 and 127 for section scores)
2.79 UGPA U of M Ann Arbor Biochemistry
3.75 Grad GPA U of M Ann Arbor Biochemistry
200 hours ED volunteering one on one patient contact
1 year scribing
Misc volunteer stuff
3000+ research hours discovering a new cancer drug that worked
White straight male
OOS

I screwed up my undergrad but I fixed it.
When did you interview?

Do ya'll know which nice apartments students that go here stay at? I'm not getting anywhere with google! I need something nice and safe for my two dogs - price isn't much of a concern.

With the May 15th deadline ,can we expect movement within the next two day??

The wait is killing me, I am pretty much drained. has anyone been pulled off the waitlist recently? Do they call you or send you an email?

Two people on here (see comments above) got accepted off the waitlist not too long ago.

Same here I interviewed last November...I'm waiting and waiting in the waitlist. I just started studying to retake the MCAT just in case.
I wish that they make their class 200 students and accept us all... It's really not cool to go through everything again.

Do you guys think it would be worth calling or sending a LOI with an updated mcat? I just retook and got my score and it increased by 5 points. Not sure if they would even consider looking at it though.

Do you guys think it would be worth calling or sending a LOI with an updated mcat? I just retook and got my score and it increased by 5 points. Not sure if they would even consider looking at it though.
I would 100% do this if youre on the waitlist still.

Especially in your case

anyone looking for a roommate? I just got accepted into the masters program :)

Just got the call! Accepted off the waitlist. Interviewed early March

Reactions: 9 users
Congrats!

Do you mind sharing your stats ?
Thank you! I had a 3.2 undergrad GPA with a 3.2 in science courses. Finishing my post-bac at KCU this month with a 4.0 in the program and had over 200 hours of medical experience