2018-2019 Arkansas College of Osteopathic Medicine (ARCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
What does the $1200 medical doctor's bag bring?

Members don't see this ad.

Only 1 person has indicated that he/she was accepted in the recent weeks. Does that mean not many have dropped after the May 15th deadline?

Only 1 person has indicated that he/she was accepted in the recent weeks. Does that mean not many have dropped after the May 15th deadline?
When I got accepted this week, they told me they had been seeing a lot of movement. I’m thinking maybe some aren’t saying they were accepted or some aren’t on SDN

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted this week. If you're looking for a roommate, please message me!

Reactions: 1 user

There’s been about three of us over the past week if you look at the thread. When they called me, the didn’t say they’ve had lots of waitlist movement but “some” waitlist movement. I’m sure people are getting in who aren’t active on this forum. I’d sit tight until the middle of June. My advisors have told me things come to a crawl about then and chances are slim to none at that point. I hope you join us!!!

I’m sure medical schools are hauling to fill their classes at this point and things will move quickly.

Anyone on medicaid get their physical covered? Just curious if that's possible, but it seems unlikely.

Do they send you the information about the physical and transcripts and stuff after you’ve paid the deposit?

Has anyone had problems being added to the Facebook group this week? I haven’t paid my deposit yet, but was never accepted to the group.

Has anyone had problems being added to the Facebook group this week? I haven’t paid my deposit yet, but was never accepted to the group.
It took a few days before my request to join the group was approved. I haven’t paid my deposit either

It's given to a medical school student from a practicing physician. Some kind of tradition. No cost to the student.

In the supplies list that they sent, it says that the item is purchased by ARCOM and billed to our student account. I guess I just wanted to know why it is so expensive x.x

In the supplies list that they sent, it says that the item is purchased by ARCOM and billed to our student account. I guess I just wanted to know why it is so expensive x.x
The one we got had electric otoscope (with disposable specula) and ophthalmoscope, a pair of tuning forks, a percussion/reflex hammer, an oximeter, blood pressure pump with different size cuffs, flashlight, measuring tape, ect...

The link below has a doctor bag that is missing some of the stuff we have, but with the same exact ophthalmoscope and otoscope, reflex hammer, and blood pressure pump and cuffs, and it's priced at 950.

Last edited:
The one we got had electric otoscope (with disposable specula) and ophthalmoscope, a pair of tuning forks, a percussion/reflex hammer, an oximeter, blood pressure pump with different size cuffs, flashlight, measuring tape, ect...

The link below has a doctor bag that is missing some of the stuff we have, but with the same exact ophthalmoscope and otoscope, reflex hammer, and blood pressure pump and cuffs, and it's priced at 950.

If its not required for them to do that, I got a perfect servicable oto/opth on amazon for a little over 100. I've used mine twice this year. You all might be different but our SP rooms have them on the walls.

If its not required for them to do that, I got a perfect servicable oto/opth on amazon for a little over 100. I've used mine twice this year. You all might be different but our SP rooms have them on the walls.
I guess the point of having one of the best brands is that it will last us forever. Even long after medical school. Our SP rooms have them on the walls too, and we use those during our practicals.

Members don't see this ad :)
Have you tried searching the group? I know someone posted the link on one of the previous pages of the ARCOM SDN forum

I guess the point of having one of the best brands is that it will last us forever. Even long after medical school. Our SP rooms have them on the walls too, and we use those during our practicals.
Meh. KCU sells an expensive one too and almost all of our second years sell theirs before 3rd year

Just received another "Would you like to stay on the WL?" email. What is the consensus on what this means? Does it mean a wave of people to be pulled soon? I'm on 2 WLs, need me an acceptance!

Just received another "Would you like to stay on the WL?" email. What is the consensus on what this means? Does it mean a wave of people to be pulled soon? I'm on 2 WLs, need me an acceptance!

It means you’re on the waitlist.

I hope there’s some movement soon.

Last edited by a moderator:

Must be new this year....

Anyone know if the campus has showers? If I ride my bicycle on a hot day, I'd like to not stink in class.

Anyone know if the campus has showers? If I ride my bicycle on a hot day, I'd like to not stink in class.
Not totally sure, but I think there's one in the bathroom next to the anatomy lab. I don't think anyone ever used it though.

Not totally sure, but I think there's one in the bathroom next to the anatomy lab. I don't think anyone ever used it though.

I finally found a house less than a ten minute bike ride. So glad I probably won't stink too much in class :)

I have been on the waitlist since early January and I am losing hope now seeing the very slow movement. Anyone accepted in the last week or so?

I have been on the waitlist since early January and I am losing hope now seeing the very slow movement. Anyone accepted in the last week or so?
I’ve been on the WL since December, yeah I’m beginning to worry as well. ARCOM looks amazing, I’d love the chance to attend.

Always have plan B ready until you have that acceptance

Reactions: 3 users
I wonder if the flooding in Fort Smith is affecting any WL movement this week. Does anyone have any insider knowledge as to if the campus is open? Or is the faculty on leave dude to the flooding.

I wonder if the flooding in Fort Smith is affecting any WL movement this week. Does anyone have any insider knowledge as to if the campus is open? Or is the faculty on leave dude to the flooding.
I just called them and they said the flood has not affected the admission process. He also said that it will be a good idea to start your B plan. he said they will properly not pull any people from waitlist until the orientation day which is on July 20th.

I am kind of giving up at this point. please if you guys hear anything else, share here.

I just called them and they said the flood has not affected the admission process. He also said that it will be a good idea to start your B plan. he said they will properly not pull any people from waitlist until the orientation day which is on July 20th.

I am kind of giving up at this point. please if you guys hear anything else, share here.
That’s a bummer, thanks for the info

really!! I don't know how was it last year? was there more movement than this year? it is a little bit weird because I called last week, and he Taylor said to wait until mid June to submit your application for the next cycle if you were thinking about that. But when i called now, i asked him is there is still hope and said pretty much no.

No the school is far enough from the river that it's not affected by the flooding. I don't think it would affect WL movement.

really!! I don't know how was it last year? was there more movement than this year? it is a little bit weird because I called last week, and he Taylor said to wait until mid June to submit your application for the next cycle if you were thinking about that. But when i called now, i asked him is there is still hope and said pretty much no.
With the new AMCAS traffic rules, I'd say it might be one of the reasons for less movement this year, and with MD schools having their deadlines to sign CTEs (Commit to Enroll) in June and some even in July, I'd say it's probable that we might see some more movement in June/July. I would wait till end of July or beginning of August to submit your DO applications for next cycle if you're on one or multiple WL. The thing is for DO schools submitting in May/June is not really gonna make a big difference than if you submitted in August since the beginning their review process is later than MD schools, and the DO cycle runs longer as well.

With the new AMCAS traffic rules, I'd say it might be one of the reasons for less movement this year, and with MD schools having their deadlines to sign CTEs (Commit to Enroll) in June and some even in July, I'd say it's probable that we might see some more movement in June/July. I would wait till end of July or beginning of August to submit your DO applications for next cycle if you're on one or multiple WL. The thing is for DO schools submitting in May/June is not really gonna make a big difference than if you submitted in August since the beginning their review process is later than MD schools, and the DO cycle runs longer as well.
Hey do you know if ARCOM is pretty receptive to Letter of intent/interest? I’m on two DO waitlists and ARCOM is definitely my top choice

In looking at last year’s thread, they started pulling people off of the waitlist as early as December.

Hey do you know if ARCOM is pretty receptive to Letter of intent/interest? I’m on two DO waitlists and ARCOM is definitely my top choice
I mean he can't really hurt at this point.

Last edited:

Don't, just give it a little more time. Anything can happen.

Pulled myself off of all the other waitlists. I’m matriculating. Feels good.

Reactions: 3 users
Has anyone that is currently waitlisted applied to the MSB program at ARCOM?

What I heard from the admission office was not encouraging. Pulled myself out of the wait list. Moving forward. Good luck to those remaining

What I heard from the admission office was not encouraging. Pulled myself out of the wait list. Moving forward. Good luck to those remaining
You should've been more patient despite whatever they told you. Last year a couple people got in the week of orientation. I mean it costs nothing to stay on the waitlist, and now by removing yourself, you ensure that you won't get in.

Reactions: 5 users