2018-2019 Arkansas College of Osteopathic Medicine (ARCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
What's your cumulative and science GPAs? Volunteering (clinical and non-clinical) and shadowing hours? Any research?

cGPA & sGPA > 3.8. clinical volunteering/shadowing > 2000 hours, non-clinical around ~400. 2 research projects in undergrad (clinical and wet lab), and working as a research assistant now. chunk of ECs in undergrad. No relation to Arkansas whatsoever

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
cGPA & sGPA > 3.8. clinical volunteering/shadowing > 2000 hours, non-clinical around ~400. 2 research projects in undergrad (clinical and wet lab), and working as a research assistant now. chunk of ECs in undergrad. No relation to Arkansas whatsoever
You're most likely gonna fine. My stats were about the same last year. What's your state of residency? They do like people from the surrounding area as well, in states like MO, TX, OK, AR. I would still suggest you submit an app anyway. We do have a fair amount of people from other states as well. Good luck.

Sent from my SM-G950U using SDN mobile

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Hey guys, I read somewhere that they don't accept an MCAT below 500 + no subsection scores being less than 125. I was just wondering - is this a preferred thing or will they just screen you out? Just want to make sure because my cars is 124 and I'd like to apply here, but don't want to waste the money. Very OOS but otherwise, have pretty competitive stats. No relation to Arkansas.

Has anyone had success here with an MCAT ~500, with >125 on a subsection? I know you have a 0% chance of getting in if you don't apply, but honestly, do you guys think I should bother? Thanks!

My chemical/physical foundations score was a 124, but over 125 on everything else.

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone from the 9/25 interview heard anything yet? I know they told us they'll get back to us in 2-3 weeks but it seems like people who interviewed on a Friday heard back in a week...

How much does the deposit run? Say, prior to December.

Has anyone from the 9/25 interview heard anything yet? I know they told us they'll get back to us in 2-3 weeks but it seems like people who interviewed on a Friday heard back in a week...

Hey! I interviewed on the 25th as well and I have not heard anything from them yet:/ I'm honestly starting to worry but I guess we'll just have to wait

Hey guys, I read somewhere that they don't accept an MCAT below 500 + no subsection scores being less than 125. I was just wondering - is this a preferred thing or will they just screen you out? Just want to make sure because my cars is 124 and I'd like to apply here, but don't want to waste the money. Very OOS but otherwise, have pretty competitive stats. No relation to Arkansas.

Has anyone had success here with an MCAT ~500, with >125 on a subsection? I know you have a 0% chance of getting in if you don't apply, but honestly, do you guys think I should bother? Thanks!
I was accepted with a ~500 with one subsection @123 and another @124.

Hey! I interviewed on the 25th as well and I have not heard anything from them yet:/ I'm honestly starting to worry but I guess we'll just have to wait

I am starting to worry too! But I haven't seen anyone else on here post about getting accepted from the 25th so I'm assuming they haven't reached out to us yet.. hopefully we hear back soon!

Members don't see this ad :)
I was not going to post anything, but you guys have helped me out through this cycle and I felt compelled to post some info. I interviewed in the 9/25 group and received my acceptance call last Friday. Very excited to have a seat at this wonderful school.

Reactions: 2 users
I was not going to post anything, but you guys have helped me out through this cycle and I felt compelled to post some info. I interviewed in the 9/25 group and received my acceptance call last Friday. Very excited to have a seat at this wonderful school.
What kind of questions did they ask you? (if you don't mind me asking) I am interviewing on October 23. Thanks!

What kind of questions did they ask you? (if you don't mind me asking) I am interviewing on October 23. Thanks!

They'll pretty much ask you anything. It's supposed to be a very informal interview where the interviewers don't even take a look at your file and are just wanting to get to know you as a person. That being said, depending on what you say, they can steer the conversation any way and ask you anything, whether it is something hypothetical or exploring your motivations towards a certain activity. Good luck.

They'll pretty much ask you anything. It's supposed to be a very informal interview where the interviewers don't even take a look at your file and are just wanting to get to know you as a person. That being said, depending on what you say, they can steer the conversation any way and ask you anything, whether it is something hypothetical or exploring your motivations towards a certain activity. Good luck.
Ohh ok, thanks!

I just got the secondary application. Do I have to complete the Casper test before I submit the secondary? The next test isn’t for about two weeks and I was hoping to get my application in sooner than that.

I just got the secondary application. Do I have to complete the Casper test before I submit the secondary? The next test isn’t for about two weeks and I was hoping to get my application in sooner than that.

no, submit your secondary ASAP but your application likely won't be marked as complete until they receive your CASPer score (usually takes 2-4 weeks after taking to score and send to schools). Some schools give out interviews before receiving scores. You'd have to call them to figure that part out, but to answer your question: you should submit your secondary ASAP.

Definitely submit your secondary. I had scheduled to take my Casper over a month after my secondary was submitted, and received an II a few days after submission. My test ended up being a week before my interview and I was accepted before scores became available to them. I believe they use it as an additional tool as needed since they don't require applicants to take it. I figure they may require it in the future depending on if they find it helpful with differentiating applicants.

Reactions: 1 users
The CASPer test is not mandatory, it's just an additional evaluating tool. Plus, if you receive a secondary here, chances are you'll get an II as soon as you submit it. They have a pretty quick turn around here, so don't wait!

The CASPer test is not mandatory, it's just an additional evaluating tool. Plus, if you receive a secondary here, chances are you'll get an II as soon as you submit it. They have a pretty quick turn around here, so don't wait!

wait, do you know how many people they interview vs all who submitted secondaries total? Why do you say that they'll give an II right after?

wait, do you know how many people they interview vs all who submitted secondaries total? Why do you say that they'll give an II right after?
Because I've noticed most of the people they sent a secondary to usually received an interview invite soon after completing it. It seems like they send secondaries to those they actually wanna interview. I could be wrong though, but that's what I noticed this year and last year.

Hey guys, I have an interview here next month. I was wondering if I should address my application weaknesses at any point during the interview? (Low mcat 495-500 range). I think it had a lot to do with me not taking biochemistry beforehand and trying to study for the mcat while taking the ochem & Physics series.
Do you think they’ll ask about it? Or if I should address it myself?

Hey guys, I have an interview here next month. I was wondering if I should address my application weaknesses at any point during the interview? (Low mcat 495-500 range). I think it had a lot to do with me not taking biochemistry beforehand and trying to study for the mcat while taking the ochem & Physics series.
Do you think they’ll ask about it? Or if I should address it myself?
The interview is closed file, so your interviewer won't know anything about your application. The only point of this interview is to get to know you as a person, so there's no reason to mention it unless they ask you about it.

Reactions: 4 users
Dean Stowers called me. He has an East TN area code still so don't be looking for an Arkansas number.

ACCEPTED. Interviewed Oct 5th.

So excited! This school looks amazing.

Reactions: 4 users
Awesome, congratulations. I'm judging by the username you already plan on attending here.

Intereviewed exactly a week ago, and missed a call today around 430 from the school # while working. I called back, and the lady at the front desk said she wasn’t sure why they might’ve called and she took my name and number. They are now closed.. any insight to what to expect?? This is nervewracking.

Awesome, congratulations. I'm judging by the username you already plan on attending here.

I'm usually a lurker so I just made this account but I definitely do plan on attending ARCOM.

What time was your call? And area code?

I got my call around noon PST. It was a fort smith area code.

Intereviewed exactly a week ago, and missed a call today around 430 from the school # while working. I called back, and the lady at the front desk said she wasn’t sure why they might’ve called and she took my name and number. They are now closed.. any insight to what to expect?? This is nervewracking.

I think it definitely means you got in. They left me a voice mail since I was away from my phone.

I'm usually a lurker so I just made this account but I definitely do plan on attending ARCOM.

I got my call around noon PST. It was a fort smith area code.

I think it definitely means you got in. They left me a voice mail since I was away from my phone.

Hopefully that’s the case.. I’m now waiting all weekend to find out hah. I don’t think I had a voicemail thing set up so they couldn’t leave one. I’m left wondering until Monday I reckon.. praying it’s not an accidental call.

Thanks! And no I don't see any accepted message, it still says thanks for applying with the checklist of items.

Any email? My portal still says thanks for applying as well with checklist.

Any email? My portal still says thanks for applying as well with checklist.

I didn't get any email either. From what I read from earlier acceptances, you get your email and snail mail about a week after the call.

This is gonna be a long weekend folks. Praying for all of us waiting to hear the good news next week. Congrats to those already accepted!

II this morning! Exciting but unexpected news for a Saturday.

Hi friends, looonggg time lurker here and this will be my first official post.

AACOMAS submitted 07/16
AACOMAS verified 07/20
ARCOM received email 07/20
ARCOM secondary invite 07/21
Submitted my secondary 08/18
LORs finally submitted/officially complete 08/20
ARCOM II 08/22
Interview 10/02
Acceptance 10/13 !!!!!!!!

This was my first II and first acceptance :)
GL to everybody !!

Reactions: 6 users
Hi friends, looonggg time lurker here and this will be my first official post.

AACOMAS submitted 07/16
AACOMAS verified 07/20
ARCOM received email 07/20
ARCOM secondary invite 07/21
Submitted my secondary 08/18
LORs finally submitted/officially complete 08/20
ARCOM II 08/22
Interview 10/02
Acceptance 10/13 !!!!!!!!

This was my first II and first acceptance :)
GL to everybody !!

They called on a Saturday?

Just cancelled my interview for later on this week. Hope someone from here gets the opportunity for it! Good luck to everyone and congratulations to those who are accepted!