2018-2019 Baylor College of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
choosing between UTSW & Baylor. Will be attending second look :soexcited:. I'm so incredibly happy

Good luck, I will be interested in seeing what you choose. Those two schools holding back my final decision as well, but unlike you I am on UTSW waitlist, so I am just holding back deciding seeing how I would feel if I had UTSW as a choice. Most likely Baylor though. congrats again.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
I also got a phone call from the same person around 4 PM central today! And I also called them back and they said the same thing to me
It was an acceptance!! congrats to you!! Also, I just wanted to say that if you feel super distressed and down in the dumps, don't lose hope. I had zero acceptances this cycle and was planning to reapply already...then I got the call today! So you never know what life will hand you. Couldn't be more grateful

Reactions: 8 users
It was an acceptance!! congrats to you!! Also, I just wanted to say that if you feel super distressed and down in the dumps, don't lose hope. I had zero acceptances this cycle and was planning to reapply already...then I got the call today! So you never know what life will hand you. Couldn't be more grateful

I also got a phone call from the same person around 4 PM central today! And I also called them back and they said the same thing to me

Congrats to y’all! I’m excited to see friends’ dreams happening :) mind if I ask y’all about LizzyM scores, interview dates, and whether you sent LOIs? Just wanna know how hard I should keep my fingers crossed!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats to y’all! I’m excited to see friends’ dreams happening :) mind if I ask y’all about LizzyM scores, interview dates, and whether you sent LOIs? Just wanna know how hard I should keep my fingers crossed!
Not at all! Lizzy M ~73. Interviewed late September. I did send a LOI about a month ago!

Thanks! Just got an official call from a dean saying I was accepted (since I missed the call yesterday). My LizzyM is about 75, interviewed early early November and sent a letter of intent about 3 weeks to a month after my interview

Reactions: 1 users
Congrats to those who were accepted! Has anyone who interviewed later heard back yet? I interviewed Feb. 2nd.

Is it just the waitlist for all of us that’s left now?

Not necessarily! Judging from last year, there may be another wave of acceptances in April. Waitlist goes out late April to Early May, with the final class being finalized around June.

Just got my acceptance call this morning! I was waitlisted by McGovern and Southwestern so I had pretty much lost hope on Baylor.
I interviewed during the first interview weekend, LizzyM = 76.5, MCAT = 521, Texas resident

Edit: I didn't send a LOI

Last edited:
Reactions: 13 users
:unsure: Man can't help but doubt my LOI now, really worked hard on it

Accepted a few hours ago! IS. LizzyM 74. Interviewed late September. Good luck y'all! Don't lose hope!!

Reactions: 7 users
I’m right with you! I interviewed in Jan so I’m hoping some later interviewees will get some love. Proud of our friends getting acceptances, but also slightly disheartened bc I’m ORM with low LizzyM (LM 68.5). Trying to keep my head up and fingers crossed!
I wouldn't be worried about your LM score if you interviewed at Baylor. They have good reasons to select every interview candidate.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anybody who was accepted get a followup email? Also, has Baylor shown up on your "choose your medical school" tool?

Anybody who was accepted get a followup email? Also, has Baylor shown up on your "choose your medical school" tool?

I was accepted about a month ago and it took a few days to get the emails

did you get a call or are you still stuck wondering in limbo since your overseas? lol

Just got the acceptance call today!!
LM ~74 / IS / Interviewed late September / did not send an LOI

The 6+ month wait was killing me, but if anything, it means to have hope until the end!!!
My phone is registered in Houston too so I was frantically accepting every 713-XXX-XXXX call since November and almost thought this was gonna be another car insurance/IRS call lol. It was a good surprise indeed

Reactions: 9 users
Just got the acceptance call today!!
LM ~74 / IS / Interviewed late September / did not send an LOI

The 6+ month wait was killing me, but if anything, it means to have hope until the end!!!
My phone is registered in Houston too so I was frantically accepting every 713-XXX-XXXX call since November and almost thought this was gonna be another car insurance/IRS call lol. It was a good surprise indeed
Did you get the call just now? Also, congrats!!

Whats up with no acceptances for people who interviewed since december and after?

Reactions: 2 users
I believe someone OOS who interviewed 1/25 got an acceptance not too long ago, but that is the only post-December interview date I've seen.

Whats up with no acceptances for people who interviewed since december and after?
I know multiple people who interviewed after December who got in. It's pretty random

Well the recent batch of acceptances don't have many post December interview acceptances, which is a little discouraging.

Do they make all of their acceptance calls on one day for each batch of acceptances?

Its either the next wave in mid April or the wait list. According to last years data they only had to pull 15 people off the wait list. The chances are looking pretty slim at this point.

I know how excruciating the wait is, but it’s really not over yet guys!!

I just want to know either way. Been waiting since September and i’ve had my heart set on Baylor for years. Honestly this wait is killing me and messing with my head and I wish they would just give me a definitive notice of no or waitlist.

Reactions: 3 users
I just want to know either way. Been waiting since September and i’ve had my heart set on Baylor for years. Honestly this wait is killing me and messing with my head and I wish they would just give me a definitive notice of no or waitlist.

Yea i hate that I am on holding on to hope still. I don't have any acceptances yet...I'm the wait list poster child so coming to terms with this is super painful.

Didn’t interview here but a friend of mine who goes here got accepted in mid/late April. It was not a WL and I think they interviewed nov

Does anyone know whether they have already awarded scholarships? Do those usually come at the same time as the acceptance?

I bit the bullet and called today to ask if it is only waitlist left. The lady who answered the phone gave a very "rehearsed" sounding answer of "we do not yet have a waitlist, and the admissions committee is still actively reviewing applications and offering spots," so I think there are still some acceptances to be released before the waitlist

Reactions: 4 users
I bit the bullet and called today to ask if it is only waitlist left. The lady who answered the phone gave a very "rehearsed" sounding answer of "we do not yet have a waitlist, and the admissions committee is still actively reviewing applications and offering spots," so I think there are still some acceptances to be released before the waitlist
Username checks out

Does anyone know whether they have already awarded scholarships? Do those usually come at the same time as the acceptance?

They seem to award them after acceptance via email. Some people accepted in Nov reported getting them around Dec

Mine came about a month after acceptance

On the important deadlines regarding acceptance page, they say for April 30th “Accepted applicants must pay the $300 tuition deposit, sign and return the Baylor acknowledgement form, and select “plan to enroll” via AMCAS action. At this point, applicants must withdraw from any other institutions that they have received acceptance offers to.”

Does that mean that I have to withdraw from the other school I was accepted to by April 30th? What are y’all doing?

On the important deadlines regarding acceptance page, they say for April 30th “Accepted applicants must pay the $300 tuition deposit, sign and return the Baylor acknowledgement form, and select “plan to enroll” via AMCAS action. At this point, applicants must withdraw from any other institutions that they have received acceptance offers to.”

Does that mean that I have to withdraw from the other school I was accepted to by April 30th? What are y’all doing?
If you want to attend Baylor, then yes you must do this. Or if your choice is the other school, do the same for them and drop Baylor. April 30 is the date by which you narrow your options to 1.

Hey I saw on the fb page that someone said they posted a google doc for living arrangements but I can not seem to find it lol. Is it on the fb page??

Hey I saw on the fb page that someone said they posted a google doc for living arrangements but I can not seem to find it lol. Is it on the fb page??

If you are talking about roommate finder, there is a post from February 12th that has a link to a google spreadsheet with all sorts of housing info. The tabs at the bottom will help you navigate through different sections.

Would you say most first years live alone or do a good amount find a roommate??

How long after submitting the financial aid application should we expect to receive our package?