2018-2019 Baylor College of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
waitlisted interviewed 9/28 womp womp

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
So if we're accepted to a TMDSAS school already, is there no chance of an acceptance after May 15? Bc the wl email made it seem otherwise.
This is correct. If you already have a TMDSAS acceptance you can’t be offered a place in another TMDSAS - OR - Baylor - OR - TCOM after May 15.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Why is that?
It is part of the agreement among the schools. Check out the TMDSAS website here:
Multiple Acceptances
With the exception of offers received during the pre-match period, only the most unusual of circumstances justify an applicant’s holding a place in the entering class of more than one US school for more than two weeks since this may adversely affect other applicants. The schools; therefore, reserve the right to withdraw offers of acceptance to individuals who hold places for longer periods without specific authorization from the schools involved. Applicants may withdraw active applications from any school any time during the application period.
Applicants may hold multiple offers of acceptance from the TMDSAS medical schools as well as other non-TMDSAS schools such as Baylor College of Medicine. By April 30 of the matriculation year, each applicant who has received an offer of acceptance from more than one school should choose the specific school at which the applicant prefers to enroll and withdraw his or her application from all other schools from which acceptance offers have been received.

After 5:00 pm CT on May 15, no medical school in Texas may offer a position to an applicant already accepted by another medical school in Texas. This is the result of an agreement between the four UT System Medical schools, Baylor College of Medicine, Texas A&M University College of Medicine, Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center School of Medicine, and University of North Texas Health Science Center at Fort Worth College of Osteopathic Medicine.

Last edited:
Waitlisted about an hour ago...I hoped to be accepted straight, but I'll take it!

Waitlisted , interviewed in September

How many waitlistings in all do y'all think they give?
MSAR indicates 15 positions given off the waitlist from approximately 500 positions - so roughly around 3%. Time to start finalizing plans for other schools at this point!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Don’t lose hope yet! Maybe this year is different because of the lack of movement. Congrats on your other acceptance, nonetheless :)
Haha, thanks! I guess I shouldn't complain too much! I do have that acceptance, so even if I can't get into Baylor, I'll still be a MD. So I should be more grateful.

Reactions: 6 users
Just got accepted off the waitlist! It was a call from Dean Johnson. She said an email will be sent to me soon and I have 5 business days to decide. Words can't describe how shook I am I really thought it was over for me. I just want to tell everyone who's still hoping for good news to not give up just yet!!

(IS, LM77, Interviewed September. It's not too late for us early interviewees!!)

Reactions: 14 users
Just got accepted off the waitlist! It was a call from Dean Johnson. She said an email will be sent to me soon and I have 5 business days to decide. Words can't describe how shook I am I really thought it was over for me. I just want to tell everyone who's still hoping for good news to not give up just yet!!

(IS, LM77, Interviewed September. It's not too late for us early interviewees!!)
Congrats, @Cassandra D did you have a TMDSAS Match school? (for my Texas Roundup posts)

I also just got off the waitlist!!!! Interviewed 1/4

Reactions: 10 users
Got off the waitlist! OOS, interviewed in November. Still in shock, was preparing to re-apply and everything!

Reactions: 13 users
Got off the waitlist! OOS, interviewed in November. Still in shock, was preparing to re-apply and everything!

Congrats!! Just now or earlier with the rest of the group?

Got the call at 4:25, accepted off the waitlist! OS, no Lizzy M score, interviewed 2/1. I think the dean said there are 4 more spots that they are trying to fill, but that could refer to only out of state. Still shaking

Reactions: 7 users
Got the call at 4:25, accepted off the waitlist! OS, no Lizzy M score, interviewed 2/1. I think the dean said there are 4 more spots that they are trying to fill, but that could refer to only out of state. Still shaking
No Lizzy M score? You can look that up. Also, there is no way that the dean told you the amount of spots left to fill. I’m sorry, but this is a serious thread and stop posting spam

No Lizzy M score? You can look that up. Also, there is no way that the dean told you the amount of spots left to fill. I’m sorry, but this is a serious thread and stop posting spam

same thing has happened in previous years, I don't think its spam. Deans could easily say. Fingers crossed UTSW or other T20s have more WL movement and open up some more spots though. Still got 13 days left in this game

Reactions: 3 users
I'm late to posting but I got the call yesterday at 12:58 pm! IS Lizzy M 73 interviewed in Sept, did not expect this at all

Reactions: 8 users
Wow lol, literally never seen this much movement in one day ever. Baylor was being really conservative before but seems like they are pulling really aggressively post May 1 to fill the class up.

I got in on May 1! My interview was in September and I basically lost hope, didn't sent any LOIs or updates. Thought it was a joke when I answered the phone since I didn't have the number saved or anything. Beyond excited to attend.

Reactions: 2 users
I got in on May 1! My interview was in September and I basically lost hope, didn't sent any LOIs or updates. Thought it was a joke when I answered the phone since I didn't have the number saved or anything. Beyond excited to attend.
@elderberrypie What a nice surprise! Can you PM me your details about prior match for my Texas Roundup posts?

@elderberrypie What a nice surprise! Can you PM me your details about prior match for my Texas Roundup posts?
I pre-matched to UTMB and then matched to Long. Waitlisted at UTSW, haven't heard back from them in a long time, but Baylor has been my dream school since the beginning.

Reactions: 2 users
I would not use the size of the FB group to speculate how many people have been accepted. I'm a current MS1 and our page is like 2/3 upperclassmen!

Congratulations to all receiving offers! Welcome to Baylor!!! To those who have yet to hear back, remember that BCM is very slow and methodical in the way they send out offers. I know it is a painstaking wait, but continue to be patient! You have made it this far and you never know what might happen. If anyone has any questions about the Baylor/Houston life, myself and other current students that float around here will be happy to answer them. Feel free to post them here or shoot me a PM.

I would not use the size of the FB group to speculate how many people have been accepted. I'm a current MS1 and our page is like 2/3 upperclassmen!

Congratulations to all receiving offers! Welcome to Baylor!!! To those who have yet to hear back, remember that BCM is very slow and methodical in the way they send out offers. I know it is a painstaking wait, but continue to be patient! You have made it this far and you never know what might happen. If anyone has any questions about the Baylor/Houston life, myself and other current students that float around here will be happy to answer them. Feel free to post them here or shoot me a PM.

Trying to decide between UTSW & Baylor. What made you decide Baylor & what do you love about it?

Hey guys,

So I know that we have to send in our final transcript directly to the office of admissions but do we also have to send in our final transcript to AMCAS?

Trying to decide between UTSW & Baylor. What made you decide Baylor & what do you love about it?

A few things that I considered when making my choice to attend BCM, and some other things that I think are really cool about it:

1) Curriculum/Testing schedule. I think Baylor has really nailed the 1.5 preclinical year thing. Yeah, it's technically 'accelerated' from the traditional 2 year preclinicals, but it doesn't feel like we are at breakneck speed. Don't get me wrong, it's med school and it's challenging, but I haven't felt like the speed has been outrageous. Another bonus: we have tests roughly every 2 months during MS1. From what I remember, this is different from many other schools which are on an every 4-6 week testing schedule, roughly speaking. Not having tests looming over my head constantly every few weeks has been clutch.

2) TMC. It's very large and there's lots of stuff in it, i.e. there's no shortage of research/shadowing/mentorship here. The TMC also has some of the best hospitals around (TCH comes to mind, a place where we do lots of rotations) and some of the most interesting hospitals around (hang out in the Ben Taub ED for like an hour and you'll understand what I mean). One of the best clinical experiences in the country.

3) People like med students here. Once you have 'bcm.edu' at the end of your email address, people will help you. This means that cold emails to PI's, people to shadow, etc., don't get left on read. I kid you not I had a faculty member (who I cold emailed lmao) with whom I am beginning some research say to me last week "You're a Baylor student so you can ask just about anyone for help and they will help you, even if they have no idea who you are." Pretty dope if you ask me.

4) Peer to peer teaching/support. This is arguably the coolest part of being an MS1 at Baylor. Your upperclassmen will spend dedicated time with you every week teaching you the high yield stuff for anatomy. There will be practice anatomy practicals set up for you on Fridays so you can simulate the real deal before it actually happens. I know 'collaborative' is a buzzword thrown out at like literally every med school interview day ever, but there are tangible, structured things here at BCM that show for it.

5) Baylor students historically and continue to crush Step 1. I think there are a variety of reasons for this, but there is a really solid track record of very high Step 1 averages for the past decade or so.

These are just a few reasons that came to mind. Baylor is a really exciting place to be and tbh I wouldn't want to be anywhere else for med school. Definitely consider the things that are most important to you, but I hope this helps. Feel free to ask any other questions you have!

Reactions: 10 users