Jun 9, 2018
Probably too late for this, but there's also a bus that goes from the airport to the metro rail and then you can take the metro rail straight south to the TMC. Never done it myself but I know people who have.
That is exactly what I did! For anyone else who stumbles upon this with the same question, it was the 102 Metro bus and it was only $1.25 to take me to the downtown transit center. From there you can Uber / Lyft wherever

Reactions: wysdoc

goatmed

A good man, and thorough
Sep 18, 2017
Un lugar de TX de cuyo nombre no quiero acordarme
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
What error is this? When I open my Baylor portal I, for some reason, see the supplemental application again, as if I have to fill it out like the first time.

I've already interviewed here so am just waiting till mid-November for any news, but am curious as to what this error is!
No, it's one of those webpage error messages. I forgot the details of what it looked like, but it's obvious once you see it, not like a minor glitch. Like an error retrieving the account requested or something of that sort.

Jun 9, 2018
No, it's one of those webpage error messages. I forgot the details of what it looked like, but it's obvious once you see it, not like a minor glitch. Like an error retrieving the account requested or something of that sort.
Sorry to keep beating the dead horse of this thing but what page are you talking about? The file completion page or the secondary application page? I attached pics of my views but nothing seems out of place
What error is this? When I open my Baylor portal I, for some reason, see the supplemental application again, as if I have to fill it out like the first time.

I've already interviewed here so am just waiting till mid-November for any news, but am curious as to what this error is!
I have a spectacularly normal view on both the file completion check and the secondary application. Hopefully it means nothing haha.

Attachments

Jun 10, 2018
Sorry to keep beating the dead horse of this thing but what page are you talking about? The file completion page or the secondary application page? I attached pics of my views but nothing seems out of place

I have a spectacularly normal view on both the file completion check and the secondary application. Hopefully it means nothing haha.
Have you interviewed?

premed1234567891011

2+ Year Member
Apr 3, 2016
Status
Medical Student

The file completion/status check page is the one where (in the past) the error message showed up.

goatmed

A good man, and thorough
Sep 18, 2017
Un lugar de TX de cuyo nombre no quiero acordarme
Status

The file completion/status check. If you really, really, really wanna look for it, try logging in on Tuesday mornings. Again, it's not a specific indicator of your chances (i.e. you can never catch the error and still be accepted)

Aug 3, 2018
I interviewed in early August and yesterday afternoon I received my acceptance call!
Congrats!! You must’ve been one of the first 20-30 acceptances. They told us the admissions committee was meeting yesterday and would meet once a month going forward, and would tentatively send out 20-30 acceptances every 2-3 weeks or so. But they said not to quote them on it.

Feb 27, 2018
Status
Pre-Medical
I interviewed in early August and yesterday afternoon I received my acceptance call!
Congrats! Did you interview for a special program? I thought the first interview was 8/24, and Baylor doesn’t send anything before TMDSAS prematch besides Early Decision

Jun 10, 2018
Congrats! Did you interview for a special program? I thought the first interview was 8/24, and Baylor doesn’t send anything before TMDSAS prematch besides Early Decision
they told my group not to expect anything until week of thanksgiving at least lol

Mar 17, 2018
www.mdapplicants.com
Status
Pre-Medical
Yeah, 8/24 was the first interview day I thought too, at least that's what they said IIRC

EDIT: also has anyone noticed the infamous application portal error?

Last edited:
Nov 13, 2018
Status
I have nothing to add towards the acceptance discussion, but thought you all may find it interesting to know that I (OOS, LM 77) received an II in early October but ended up withdrawing from consideration for various reasons. So have faith other OOS people, there's definitely a chance for you! :)

Aug 16, 2017
Very very unexpected at this late stage. Got an interview today, the available date was January 4th. Have already been accepted to 3 other schools and assumed I was finished with all interviews. Definitely pumped!

Reactions: art2018
Jul 9, 2018
Status
Pre-Medical
Very very unexpected at this late stage. Got an interview today, the available date was January 4th. Have already been accepted to 3 other schools and assumed I was finished with all interviews. Definitely pumped!
Are you planning to go on this interview? Congrats on your three acceptances

Jan 17, 2018
Status
Pre-Medical
Hi, does anyone know if baylor allows updates and if they do, do they allow updates via email or some other way. Thanks in advance!!!

boundlesscorpuscle

MD Class of 2023!
Aug 9, 2018
Florida
Status
I also received an interview invite today for 1/4; complete 10/13. Super pumped about this school!

Reactions: art2018
Aug 16, 2017
Are you planning to go on this interview? Congrats on your three acceptances
Thanks. Yes, I am definitely planning on going. Although I don't feel overly confident in my chances of admission given how late in the cycle my interview is and my LM haha. But excited to interview nonetheless!

Apr 24, 2018
Status
Pre-Medical
Thanks. Yes, I am definitely planning on going. Although I don't feel overly confident in my chances of admission given how late in the cycle my interview is and my LM haha. But excited to interview nonetheless!
Baylor doesn't accept many students until they have interviewed everyone! So your chances are still good :) Especially if you are in state?

bb2k19

2+ Year Member
Nov 20, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
Hey y'all is this the infamous error message? I only get it if I check on Safari, and didn't get it earlier today. I heard it means they've changed your application status or if they've viewed it recently or something. Can anyone confirm?

Attachments

Mar 17, 2018
www.mdapplicants.com
Status
Pre-Medical
nothing on my side, can we please not feed this neuroticism this year, I think there's enough evidence from prior years threads with people who got the error, didn't hear anything, and people who didn't see any changes and got accepted.

treesnm3s

2+ Year Member
Apr 2, 2016
Status
Just curious... has your check status portal updated saying that you're accepted?
Nope, portal hasn't changed.

Just be patient y'all (easy for me to say, I know). I don't know why they'd call me and no one else, but don't let the neurosis take over. There are a million and one factors in this process.