2018-2019 Baylor College of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Sorry to keep beating the dead horse of this thing but what page are you talking about? The file completion page or the secondary application page? I attached pics of my views but nothing seems out of place

I have a spectacularly normal view on both the file completion check and the secondary application. Hopefully it means nothing haha.
The file completion/status check page is the one where (in the past) the error message showed up.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Sorry to keep beating the dead horse of this thing but what page are you talking about? The file completion page or the secondary application page? I attached pics of my views but nothing seems out of place

I have a spectacularly normal view on both the file completion check and the secondary application. Hopefully it means nothing haha.
The file completion/status check. If you really, really, really wanna look for it, try logging in on Tuesday mornings. Again, it's not a specific indicator of your chances (i.e. you can never catch the error and still be accepted)

I interviewed in early August and yesterday afternoon I received my acceptance call!

Reactions: 5 users
I interviewed in early August and yesterday afternoon I received my acceptance call!
Congrats!! You must’ve been one of the first 20-30 acceptances. They told us the admissions committee was meeting yesterday and would meet once a month going forward, and would tentatively send out 20-30 acceptances every 2-3 weeks or so. But they said not to quote them on it.

Congrats! Did you interview for a special program? I thought the first interview was 8/24, and Baylor doesn’t send anything before TMDSAS prematch besides Early Decision

Congrats! Did you interview for a special program? I thought the first interview was 8/24, and Baylor doesn’t send anything before TMDSAS prematch besides Early Decision

they told my group not to expect anything until week of thanksgiving at least lol

Yeah, 8/24 was the first interview day I thought too, at least that's what they said IIRC

EDIT: also has anyone noticed the infamous application portal error?

Last edited:

I applied through EDP!

Reactions: 2 users
Do they usually call the first round of acceptances on the first day of TMDSAS prematch?

Members don't see this ad :)
I have nothing to add towards the acceptance discussion, but thought you all may find it interesting to know that I (OOS, LM 77) received an II in early October but ended up withdrawing from consideration for various reasons. So have faith other OOS people, there's definitely a chance for you! :)

Reactions: 3 users
Very very unexpected at this late stage. Got an interview today, the available date was January 4th. Have already been accepted to 3 other schools and assumed I was finished with all interviews. Definitely pumped!

Reactions: 1 user
Very very unexpected at this late stage. Got an interview today, the available date was January 4th. Have already been accepted to 3 other schools and assumed I was finished with all interviews. Definitely pumped!
Are you planning to go on this interview? Congrats on your three acceptances

Hi, does anyone know if baylor allows updates and if they do, do they allow updates via email or some other way. Thanks in advance!!!

I also received an interview invite today for 1/4; complete 10/13. Super pumped about this school!

Reactions: 1 user
Are you planning to go on this interview? Congrats on your three acceptances
Thanks. Yes, I am definitely planning on going. Although I don't feel overly confident in my chances of admission given how late in the cycle my interview is and my LM haha. But excited to interview nonetheless!

Thanks. Yes, I am definitely planning on going. Although I don't feel overly confident in my chances of admission given how late in the cycle my interview is and my LM haha. But excited to interview nonetheless!

Baylor doesn't accept many students until they have interviewed everyone! So your chances are still good :) Especially if you are in state?

Hey y'all is this the infamous error message? I only get it if I check on Safari, and didn't get it earlier today. I heard it means they've changed your application status or if they've viewed it recently or something. Can anyone confirm?

Attachments

• 46449357_257150708283296_2180281929532702720_n.jpg
    46449357_257150708283296_2180281929532702720_n.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 184
nothing on my side, can we please not feed this neuroticism this year, I think there's enough evidence from prior years threads with people who got the error, didn't hear anything, and people who didn't see any changes and got accepted.

Reactions: 11 users
Accepted via phone! TX resident

Did you apply through any particular program or just general MD admission? Congratulations!!

Anyone else heard back? Seems pretty odd that so far there's only one post in this thread.

Just curious... has your check status portal updated saying that you're accepted?
Nope, portal hasn't changed.

Just be patient y'all (easy for me to say, I know). I don't know why they'd call me and no one else, but don't let the neurosis take over. There are a million and one factors in this process.

Reactions: 3 users
Accepted an hour ago via phone!! TX resident as well

Reactions: 6 users
Just accepted today via phone! OOS and interviewed 9/21

Reactions: 7 users
Accepted this afternoon via phone call! I AM SHOOK!

Reactions: 5 users
Accepted today, interviewed late August regular MD. So stoked!

Reactions: 7 users
Do we think they’ll call more today? I’m OOS and Baylor is my dream school....the emotional rollercoaster until possibly June starts now

Reactions: 2 users