2018-2019 Baylor College of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
did anyone get accepted last week? last year there was a pretty decent sized wave on Wednesday the 13th. Maybe next week will be the wave for us?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Does Baylor do post interview rejections? Or do they leave everyone hanging until they’re done filling the class in April?
leave everyone hanging sadly.

Reactions: 1 user
Current MS1 Here - the official class of 2023 facebook page is up! Search "Baylor College of Medicine Class of 2023" or use this link https:// www . facebook . com/groups/370691590351437 (remove the spaces! SDN didn't allow direct linking)

Members don't see this ad :)
Scholarships are going out as well!

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted this morning via phone call. IS, interviewed early October.

Reactions: 1 users
Whoever got accepted in the first wave, I'm interested in knowing if there is a contingent GPA required, or what a "passing" grade for certain classes would be to maintain the offer.

Whoever got accepted in the first wave, I'm interested in knowing if there is a contingent GPA required, or what a "passing" grade for certain classes would be to maintain the offer.
Yeah, 3.0 and nothing less than a C.

Any thoughts on if Baylor has filled all their interview slots?

I just got the call from Baylor! I'm in! So incredibly stoked!!!! LizzyM 77 (low CARS), interviewed on 9/14. Good luck to everyone else!

Reactions: 6 users
I did miss the first call by about ten minutes. I didn’t recognize the number, but of course I called back anyway. Got the voicemail didn’t recognize the name or voice of the VM message. Got a call back about forty-five minutes later to say that I was in. The admissions lady called me from her personal cell phone I believe because she was in between patients on rounds or something.

Are they done with interviews/interview invites?

Reactions: 2 users
II just now. OOS LM ~75. Excited!
Last interview session of the season

I saw that Baylor doesn’t accept updates post-II, but they do accept LOIs. Would it be a bad idea, then, to include updates to my application within my LOI, as most students do?

I saw that Baylor doesn’t accept updates post-II, but they do accept LOIs. Would it be a bad idea, then, to include updates to my application within my LOI, as most students do?
I actually called the admissions office today and they said they do accept updates and add it to your app.

Has anyone been able to get in touch with the financial aid office? I sent an email over a week ago with no response, so I'm not sure if they're closed for the holidays or what.

I apologize if this is a dumb question, but I’ve heard mention that for academic medicine, school rank unfortunately matters a lot. Can anyone comment on the doors Baylor would open or close nationally when it comes to a future in academic medicine ? Does it even matter?

I apologize if this is a dumb question, but I’ve heard mention that for academic medicine, school rank unfortunately matters a lot. Can anyone comment on the doors Baylor would open or close nationally when it comes to a future in academic medicine ? Does it even matter?
You could do residency anywhere in the country graduating from Baylor. No doors will be closed

I've met physician scientists at T20 schools that graduated from no name MD schools. Where you go to med school is not such a big deal, and you can always work your way up in your residency/fellowship. Baylor is a great school and you can do anything after you graduate from there.