Jun 10, 2018
Post interview, we are all "under consideration" until the class is full. So basically yes, everybody is on the waitlist until they're done

Reactions: Jormungandr

treesnm3s

2+ Year Member
Apr 2, 2016
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
Has anyone been able to access the Class of 2023 website linked in the acknowledgment form?

Nov 17, 2018
Status
Does Baylor do post interview rejections? Or do they leave everyone hanging until they’re done filling the class in April?
Historically, I've heard Baylor is extremely silent with regards to rejections. Typically if not accepted in April, you're put on a waitlist, and eventually notified once the class is full.

Reactions: Jormungandr
Jul 5, 2018
Question- I have interviewed at Baylor and now waiting on offer. Do I send Fall 2018 transcript now to Baylor? Or do you only do that once you've been accepted?
Also, if Baylor is the only school I applied to through AMCAS, do I send my Fall 2018 transcript to AMCAS or not?

wysdoc

Lifetime Donor
2+ Year Member
Jan 21, 2016
Rio Grande Valley, Texas
Status
Attending Physician
Question- I have interviewed at Baylor and now waiting on offer. Do I send Fall 2018 transcript now to Baylor? Or do you only do that once you've been accepted?
Also, if Baylor is the only school I applied to through AMCAS, do I send my Fall 2018 transcript to AMCAS or not?
I would send it to AMCAS and send a short email to Baylor remarking that you have a new transcript update.
EDITED now that I have checked more:
Baylor site says that if you are accepted, they will tell you when to submit your final college transcript. They don’t want transcript updates now .

Last edited:
Mar 17, 2018
www.mdapplicants.com
Status
Medical Student
I would send it to AMCAS and send a short email to Baylor remarking that you have a new transcript update.
Baylor says not to send updated transcripts IIRC

EDIT: Heres the website

Attachments

Last edited:

wysdoc

Lifetime Donor
2+ Year Member
Jan 21, 2016
Rio Grande Valley, Texas
Status
Attending Physician
Does that imply not to send updated ones? This semester is bad for me so I do not want to update them lol.
Baylor website says if you are offered admission they will ask for your final transcript. They don’t want update transcripts sent directly to Baylor. If you have other AMCAS school applications open, see what their wishes are.

Aug 24, 2018
Baylor website says if you are offered admission they will ask for your final transcript. They don’t want update transcripts sent directly to Baylor. If you have other AMCAS school applications open, see what their wishes are.
Ok cool.

Aug 24, 2018
Anyone know when the next batch of acceptances comes out? I interviewed early Dec.

4.0 GPA 526 MCAT from Harvard with a double major in Math and Physics. For one of my recs my Quantum physics professor simply wrote: "this man is a genius". I hope that doesnt affect my chances. Baylor is my top choice.

Reactions: fickled
Mar 17, 2018
www.mdapplicants.com
Status
Medical Student
did anyone get accepted last week? last year there was a pretty decent sized wave on Wednesday the 13th. Maybe next week will be the wave for us?

Jul 13, 2018
when did you interview? I interviewed on the Dec. 7 so idk when I hear back.
The AdCom meets once a month (and I believe it's towards the end of the month, but I could be wrong) then makes recommendations for acceptances so I would just assume that early January is the earliest you could hear back.

Jul 1, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
Current MS1 Here - the official class of 2023 facebook page is up! Search "Baylor College of Medicine Class of 2023" or use this link https:// www . facebook . com/groups/370691590351437 (remove the spaces! SDN didn't allow direct linking)

treesnm3s

2+ Year Member
Apr 2, 2016
Status
And you got a scholarship offer? Sorry for asking, was just wondering what you meant
I was accepted last month and received a scholarship today, sorry if it wasn't clear.

Dec 17, 2018
Whoever got accepted in the first wave, I'm interested in knowing if there is a contingent GPA required, or what a "passing" grade for certain classes would be to maintain the offer.

treesnm3s

2+ Year Member
Apr 2, 2016
Status
Whoever got accepted in the first wave, I'm interested in knowing if there is a contingent GPA required, or what a "passing" grade for certain classes would be to maintain the offer.
Yeah, 3.0 and nothing less than a C.

Reactions: fmd1997
Nov 15, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
Any thoughts on if Baylor has filled all their interview slots?