2018-2019 Boston University School of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Wow, congrats! So it begins. Did your portal change yet, by any chance? I figure based on prior years it may take a while and calls/emails come first.

Thank you! I haven’t checked my portal yet because I’m at a work training sessions. I did get the contact info email though.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Ope anddddd say hello to my old friend, crippling anxiety.

Reactions: 4 users
Does anyone know if by "some acceptances come out in January, the rest in March" they mean that there is only one day of acceptances in each month or do acceptances trickle out throughout the two months?

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if by "some acceptances come out in January, the rest in March" they mean that there is only one day of acceptances in each month or do acceptances trickle out throughout the two months?

It means decisions come out in two waves. Last year the January decisions were spread out over two consecutive days

Wow I am so unwell right now lololololololololol.

Reactions: 2 users
palms are sweaty, knees weak, arms are heavy... :hungover:

Reactions: 3 users
Didn't get interview yet, completed September. No rejection today either. I guess that is a good thing? Do they still send out invites for interviews?

Accepted this morning also! Interviewed October 24th. Good luck to everyone hearing back today/this week!!

Missed a call from Boston, called back and automated message said it was the number for Boston medical center, didn’t receive any voicemail, I don’t know what to make of this missed call :|

Accepted this morning also! Interviewed October 24th. Good luck to everyone hearing back today/this week!!

To test someone’s hypothesis... did you all get the email last month confirming your address and contact information?

Anyone able to access the financial aid tab on the portal? Haven't gotten any call or email yet but I don't think I was able to access it before.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone able to access the financial aid tab on the portal? Haven't gotten any call or email yet but I don't think I was able to access it before.

I think I was able to access this 2 weeks ago when I logged onto portal, so I don't think that's a measure. Haven't received news back either way.

People without IIs received the verify contact info email as well

Congratulations to everyone who was accepted! I am interviewing this coming week and would love to ask someone questions. It is my first interview and I am quite nervous. PM me if you can.

Congratulations to everyone who was accepted! I am interviewing this coming week and would love to ask someone questions. It is my first interview and I am quite nervous. PM me if you can.

feel free to PM me any specific questions!

To everyone who's been accepted so far, has it all been by phone call?

Is it the interviewers calling with acceptance or the dean?

Have any of your portals changed yet? Also if those accepted could post their interviewer's name that would be greatly appreciated!

Have any of your portals changed yet? Also if those accepted could post their interviewer's name that would be greatly appreciated!
Lmao idt anybody would do that, there’s only a handful of people who received the call today I guess

I received the contact info email back in December, but haven’t heard anything today... is this GG fellas?

can anyone who got called confirm if there's any change in portal?

Just got the acceptance call! Interviewed early October and received the contact update email sometime in Nov. I believe. Congrats to those who also got accepted and fingers crossed for anyone waiting to hear back!

Just got the acceptance call! Interviewed early October and received the contact update email sometime in Nov. I believe. Congrats to those who also got accepted and fingers crossed for anyone waiting to hear back!

Was it from the dean?

Pre II R, but very much expecting it since this was a big reach. Complete 9/5, sent an update in Friday

would it seem too neurotic to email my interviewer lol trickling acceptances is the worst

Received acceptance email from my interviewer at 07:45am today. I am out of the country, so may have missed acceptance phone call yesterday. About a 99.9% chance I will be attending BUSM — congrats to all others accepted and looking forward to getting to know many of you as colleagues in our medical education.

Pre II R..completed mid sept. Good luck to everyone!