2018-2019 Boston University School of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does that mean all acceptance emails have been given out?

Members don't see this ad.

Does that mean all acceptance emails have been given out?

I don't think they've sent the official e-mails out yet. I believe everyone who has interviewed before mid December will get an e-mail today and it will either be an acceptance or a deferral to march. the new dean made it seem like the majority of us will be pushed to march.

Received acceptance email from my interviewer at 07:45am today. I am out of the country, so may have missed acceptance phone call yesterday. About a 99.9% chance I will be attending BUSM — congrats to all others accepted and looking forward to getting to know many of you as colleagues in our medical education.

My interviewer said I would only be getting a hard copy in the mail. Did anyone else here the same thing?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
My interviewer said I would only be getting a hard copy in the mail. Did anyone else here the same thing?
No BU definitely sends e-mails and portal updates before any hard mail

Reactions: 1 users
Interviewed early October and still haven't heard anything... I got the contact information email too :nailbiting::nailbiting::nailbiting:

Can anyone else see personalized financial aid award info in the portal even though they haven’t gotten a post-interview decision?

Can anyone else see personalized financial aid award info in the portal even though they haven’t gotten a post-interview decision?
What do you mean by "personalized financial aid award?" I have the financial aid tab available with a link to Student Financial Services. Is this what you mean or do you have more info?

What do you mean by "personalized financial aid award?" I have the financial aid tab available with a link to Student Financial Services. Is this what you mean or do you have more info?
Within the Student financial services link, under the Award section, there is specific info about my financial aid offer. This is despite my application status being “interview complete” with no emails/calls about an admissions decision! I was just wondering if anyone else is seeing this too

Within the Student financial services link, under the Award section, there is specific info about my financial aid offer. This is despite my application status being “interview complete” with no emails/calls about an admissions decision! I was just wondering if anyone else is seeing this too
Oh, no I don't have an award section within the SFS. Did you already submit FAFSA or complete the "Scholarship Survey"? Maybe this is good news for you!

Oh, no I don't have an award section within the SFS. Did you already submit FAFSA or complete the "Scholarship Survey"? Maybe this is good news for you!
No I haven’t submitted FAFSA or the scholarship survey!! Fingers crossed

Members don't see this ad :)
yeah i have no award under mine! guess i'm waiting till march

Ugh I feel like acceptances/decisions are a lot more dispersed this year..

Ugh I just want them to release all the decisions so I can move on with my life

Reactions: 3 users
After I click on the link in the tab I can see a dean's scholarship award! haven't gotten a phone call though

I'm accepted and can also see the dean's scholarship award but I'm confused if that is just general information about the dean's scholarship amount or if that means I was awarded it? On the SFS website FAQ it says accepted students are informed if they received a dean's scholarship at or sometime soon after hearing about their acceptance, so maybe they just haven't contacted us yet??

I'm accepted and can also see the dean's scholarship award but I'm confused if that is just general information about the dean's scholarship amount or if that means I was awarded it? On the SFS website FAQ it says accepted students are informed if they received a dean's scholarship at or sometime soon after hearing about their acceptance, so maybe they just haven't contacted us yet??
Mine at the bottom subtracts the award from the total COA. It also says total offered. I havent gotten a phone call so I can't say I'm accepted but it doesn't seem like general info to me

But does everybody who's excepted this time around get an award?

I've been accepted via call (congrats to all accepted and good luck to those still waiting!!).

My portal only says my status is "interview complete" and says nothing about a scholarship. I also haven't submitted financial aid yet. Does this mean no scholarship for me?

I've been accepted via call (congrats to all accepted and good luck to those still waiting!!).

My portal only says my status is "interview complete" and says nothing about a scholarship. I also haven't submitted financial aid yet. Does this mean no scholarship for me?

When did you get the call?

Are you looking in the right spot? Financial aid tab -> continue to SFS section -> award tab at the top?
Everyone is automatically considered for the dean's scholarship so you didn't need to submit anything. I don't know if they offer any other scholarships you need to specifically apply to

Are you looking in the right spot? Financial aid tab -> continue to SFS section -> award tab at the top?
Everyone is automatically considered for the dean's scholarship so you didn't need to submit anything. I don't know if they offer any other scholarships you need to specifically apply to

After Financial Aid>SFS Management Section the only tabs I see at the top (with green background) are General Info, Documents, Message Center, Scholarship Survey. I'm not seeing an award tab. Perhaps I'm in the wrong section?

After Financial Aid>SFS Management Section the only tabs I see at the top (with green background) are General Info, Documents, Message Center, Scholarship Survey. I'm not seeing an award tab. Perhaps I'm in the wrong section?

Nope you're in the correct spot I have those tabs + award. Good news for everyone who doesn't have the tab- you're not out of the game yet!

Nope you're in the correct spot I have those tabs + award. Good news for everyone who doesn't have the tab- you're not out of the game yet!

Thank you for your help and congratulations!!

Has anyone gotten an official acceptance email from admissions? Or has it all been communication from interviewers?

I interviewed late September and literally thought I bombed my interview. So, when I got a phone call this morning with an area code from Boston, I thought it was a commercial call. Checked my email, and my interviewer told me I recieved an acceptance! I’m so happy for the opportunity haha

Hass anyone received the deferred email yet

167D492C-B125-4C54-AC92-84836A0CC910.jpeg

Reactions: 6 users
I'm not even anxious anymore. I'm just annoyed lmao.

Reactions: 5 users
Odds they release the official email today?

Does everyone get the same amount for the Dean's Scholarship? How do they decide how much to give to everyone?

I'm happy that the people who were accepted heard back and got good news but idk it's starting to bother me that this information isn't transmitted from one source to all of the involved applicants. Just seems kind of unfair and inconsiderate in my opinion lol.

I'm happy that the people who were accepted heard back and got good news but idk it's starting to bother me that this information isn't transmitted from one source to all of the involved applicants. Just seems kind of unfair and inconsiderate in my opinion lol.
Yeah especially since they know all the decisions. If they're going to allow interviewers to share the good news optionally the day before, they should have the decisions set to go out early the next day.

Pre-II R today, complete late Sept

Got the acceptance call today while at work so I didn’t get a chance to answer it but received an email from my interviewer a few hour later letting me know I’d been accepted!! Super pumped!

I am just so confused. If they know our decisions, why didn't they release them today? :shrug:

Reactions: 2 users
Accepted! Got a call last night from my interviewer. I didn’t receive an email yet and she said I would get a physical letter in the mail.