2018-2019 Boston University School of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Time to start hyperventilating until Friday again. Amiright?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 7 users
Time to start hyperventilating until Friday again. Amiright?
my heart skipped a beat when you posted because I thought BU started making calls... :dead:

Reactions: 1 users
Breathe easy fellas, things will work out one way or another.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Just got the call! Accepted :)

Reactions: 4 users
Well, fellas, here we go. Ready for my waitlist

Reactions: 3 users
They call throughout the day, so don’t lose hope.

Yeah i know lol, i'm just burnt out from waiting for a call during the January wave that I'm keeping my expectations low

They also call/email across several days, if I remember correctly...still freakin' out though haha

AND my intestines are dragging on the floor

Reactions: 7 users
Don't stress yet, only one person has posted, so they could be pulling our leg (no offense @BicycleGuy, you just can't trust people on the internet)

Members don't see this ad :)
Don't stress yet, only one person has posted, so they could be pulling our leg (no offense @BicycleGuy, you just can't trust people on the internet)
For sure. I kind of regret posting now, since it doesn't really do anything for the SDN community other than increase anxiety. Sorry about this folks! I interviewed in early - mid January, fwiw. I'm sure more calls are going out as we speak! Good luck to everyone still waiting!

Reactions: 6 users
For sure. I kind of regret posting now, since it doesn't really do anything for the SDN community other than increase anxiety. Sorry about this folks! I interviewed in early - mid January, fwiw. I'm sure more calls are going out as we speak! Good luck to everyone still waiting!
Dude don't even worry about it, no need to apologize :) this is share-worthy news! Congrats on the acceptance!

Got the call this at 11am by my interviewer! Interviewed mid Jan. She said an email would get sent out on Mon.

Reactions: 5 users
I just got a call from a MA number... and it turned out to be my dentist's office calling to reschedule my appointment lol why u do this

Reactions: 14 users
Could y’all accepted post the initials of your interviewer just so we lurkers have an idea of whose made calls?

Anyone who got deferred gotten acceptances yet? Both ppl who posted acceptances seem to have interviewed in Jan.

Do y'all think they'll also be making calls tomorrow?

Do y'all think they'll also be making calls tomorrow?
if the above poster is correct that an official e-mail will go out Monday then I would think (hope) they are giving interviewers a few days to make their calls, which is what I believe happened back in Jan.

Accepted about an hour ago! Called by ES. Interviewed in September, deferred in January

Yeah, just to ease everyone's worries. I never received a call when I was accepted in Jan, so don't stress too much!

I wish they just sent an email out to everybody at once...sigh..

Reactions: 8 users
sitting at my desk 5 floors above the admissions office. this is incredibly stressful.

Reactions: 16 users
Got the A last night! Interviewer initials: E.C.

Reactions: 3 users
Just got the call BJH

Just got the call BJH
Congrats! Was the call from an unknown number? My interviewer has the same initials and I have a missed call around the same time from a private number. The neuroticism is too real lol

Congrats! Was the call from an unknown number? My interviewer has the same initials and I have a missed call around the same time from a private number. The neuroticism is too real lol

Thank you!! She called from a BU number (617 area code).

are they calling during the weekend? cause if emails are coming out monday, I'd assume everyone has been called then?

are they calling during the weekend? cause if emails are coming out monday, I'd assume everyone has been called then?
There were people who were accepted in January without receiving a call and the same looks to be true from last year’s thread so I would not give up hope just yet!

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know if our status changes in the application portal prior to communication from Adcom?

Does anyone know if our status changes in the application portal prior to communication from Adcom?
Status changes haven't happened yet for this round for acceptances

Hey, sorry if this is a random question with the stress of acceptances, but does anyone knows where we are supposed to send our last transcripts to?

Hey, sorry if this is a random question with the stress of acceptances, but does anyone knows where we are supposed to send our last transcripts to?

I sent mine to the admissions office using the address they provided for our tuition deposit.

Boston could you please just tell me if this dream is dead or not

Reactions: 2 users
Will pay someone to pat my back and tell me that there’s still hope and that my interviewer is a very busy woman

Reactions: 8 users
Again what a few people had stated early but it looks like not everyone gets a call to be accepted. I just looked at last year's thread and there were a couple of people who just got an email update that they were accepted with no phone call.