Jan 8, 2018
For far along is Boston's cycle? Debating whether or not it's worth it to send in a last minute app.

Aug 2, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
For far along is Boston's cycle? Debating whether or not it's worth it to send in a last minute app.
They interview through January and I believe some in Feb. they don’t conviene to review applications after interview until December, so you’re at no disadvantage if you interview later. I say send it in!

heybatterbatter

2+ Year Member
Feb 11, 2015
Status
Pre-Medical
LM 74, in my sig! It's been a few weeks of silence, so this was a welcome surprise

Aug 3, 2018
Got the R today. Completed 7/18. LM 75 OOS.

Jan 23, 2018
Status
Pre-Medical
Rejected today, complete 7/14. Bummed, both of my parents are BUSOM grads. Oh well.

biochemxo

2+ Year Member
May 21, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
Not surprising, but still disappointing R today. Complete 7/18. Good luck to everyone!

Jul 18, 2018
Status
Pre-Medical
first rejection from here today...sad but it had to happen. 7/23 completion date!

Aug 28, 2018
Joining the R train. Complete 7/18. Good luck to all interviewing or waiting to hear back :)

Aug 2, 2018
Status
Pre-Medical
Yet another R to this thread. Complete 7/19.

Jamba1995

2+ Year Member
Jan 25, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
wellp. Literally just uploaded an ITA request and 10 minutes later got rejected :dead: complete 7/24 good luck yall

Reactions: stephthelorax

swali

2+ Year Member
Aug 18, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
R just now, OOS, Complete 7/25. Not surprised, but have to say it was a really kind rejection email so there's that! Good luck to everyone!

spark2014

5+ Year Member
Oct 23, 2012
Status
Pre-Medical
Does anyone know if BU is receptive to update letters? I've been warned not to send mediocre updates, and mine are borderline meh lol: new job, paper submission to a pretty significant journal as the 3rd author, new rec letter, kind of a new volunteer activity (through a BU department actually).

New things but nothing too significant...

Thanks!

deweystrontium

2+ Year Member
Jun 2, 2015
New England
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
So my secondary has been marked as submitted and everything else is in but I haven't received the official Zap solutions email telling me that my application is complete. Did other folks receive that kind of email?

Sep 12, 2018
So my secondary has been marked as submitted and everything else is in but I haven't received the official Zap solutions email telling me that my application is complete. Did other folks receive that kind of email?
Yes, I got one 4 days after submitting- I was texted and got an email from MEDADMS that starts "This is to confirm that your application to Boston University School of Medicine is now complete."

deweystrontium

2+ Year Member
Jun 2, 2015
New England
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
Yes, I got one 4 days after submitting- I was texted and got an email from MEDADMS that starts "This is to confirm that your application to Boston University School of Medicine is now complete."
Thanks, but just realized I meant to post this in UCSF. God, I'm tired...

Jun 5, 2018
Anyone interview here yet? Is the optional diversity meeting truly optional or does everyone end up going?
Hey, I'm interviewing here soon as well! What optional diversity meeting? I don't believe I've recieved anything about this? Is it on the portal?

Sep 30, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
Hey, I'm interviewing here soon as well! What optional diversity meeting? I don't believe I've recieved anything about this? Is it on the portal?
I received an e-mail about it, pretty much just says there is an optional session at the end where you have the opportunity to meet with the school's Office of Diversity and Inclusion to hear about their climate of, presumably, diversity and inclusion. It emphasized that diversity comes in many different forms and that everyone is invited to attend. BU does seem to truly value diversity in regard to the makeup of their class so I think it would be wise to go, although I doubt it has any bearing on our decisions.

Jul 15, 2018
It's from 3-4pm and it's open to all interviewees. I think it talks about it on the BU website, but I found out about it via email. I doubt it would have any effect on admissions decisions, but I would still go (unless you have a flight or something).

hannakm

Weill Cornell 2023!!
2+ Year Member
Jun 10, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
Rejected just now, complete 7/27. Was wondering when they'd send me the R after the flood last week haha

Aug 15, 2018
Status
Pre-Medical
Rejected as well. Complete 7/23. Best of luck to the rest!

Jul 2, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
I received an e-mail about it, pretty much just says there is an optional session at the end where you have the opportunity to meet with the school's Office of Diversity and Inclusion to hear about their climate of, presumably, diversity and inclusion. It emphasized that diversity comes in many different forms and that everyone is invited to attend. BU does seem to truly value diversity in regard to the makeup of their class so I think it would be wise to go, although I doubt it has any bearing on our decisions.
Current M1 here. Didn't go to the diversity session ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Reactions: bball0718