Jun 14, 2018
Yay Area
It's from 3-4pm and it's open to all interviewees. I think it talks about it on the BU website, but I found out about it via email. I doubt it would have any effect on admissions decisions, but I would still go (unless you have a flight or something).
+1, I’m going to hopefully get some free food and info

TwinOne

2+ Year Member
Aug 24, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
Congrats! I wonder if they are reviewing high MCATs first...

complete 8/1 and still crickets (i guess it could be worse though..)
I got an interview with a 514 and I was completed in July 10th and my friend with a 527 got rejected so anything goes :L

Reactions: psychopremed77
Jun 5, 2018
Has anyone interviewed here yet? I have mine coming in the coming weeks and was hoping to get an idea/sense of the day.

Aug 30, 2018
R just now. Complete 8/6/18. Good luck to everyone else!

May 16, 2018
Status
Pre-Medical
Got the axe as well. Kinda saw it coming. Complete on 8/1.

Feb 21, 2018
Status
Pre-Medical
Complete 7/19 and have not heard anything back yet... don't know what to expect...
I think that might be a good thing? because they definitely seem to go through apps by the date you were complete so they are probably still considering you!

Reactions: drsombra

Wahkoon

California Wavy
Gold Donor
Mar 6, 2018
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
I’ve been hearing quite a few negative interview experiences this year, such as interviewers interrupting applicants and being overall rude doing interviews. Has anyone interviewed recently and experienced this?

Jun 14, 2018
Yay Area
I’ve been hearing quite a few negative interview experiences this year, such as interviewers interrupting applicants and being overall rude doing interviews. Has anyone interviewed recently and experienced this?
My interview here was the first one I felt grilled during but he was polite just asked a lot of why questions and some behavioral/ethical questions.

TwinOne

2+ Year Member
Aug 24, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
Just had my interview here this past Wednesday. I did not have any issues with my interviewer interrupting me or being rude during my interview. None of the fellow interviewees I asked mentioned anything bad and said their interviewers were very nice.

Aug 11, 2018
Orange County, CA
Finished my secondary here in July. Acct was on hold up until a few days ago because I was waiting for an IA letter (academic probation). Sad because I have been trying to get this letter for a while and I really want to go here. :/

Sep 30, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
Just had my interview here this past Wednesday. I did not have any issues with my interviewer interrupting me or being rude during my interview. None of the fellow interviewees I asked mentioned anything bad and said their interviewers were very nice.
+1, there were a lot of people in my interview group though, so I imagine there is a good amount of different interviewers

Sep 2, 2018
Complete 08/28 it's been five weeks and five days, still early to hear back!
I love BU and I've graduated from one of their GMS programs, I hope they love me back and see my genuine interest in going back to their school.

Reactions: drsombra
Sep 20, 2018
Status
Pre-Medical
Complete 08/28 it's been five weeks and five days, still early to hear back!
I love BU and I've graduated from one of their GMS programs, I hope they love me back and see my genuine interest in going back to their school.
they seem to be roughly 2 months behind so i think you’ll probably hear by the end of the month

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jun 14, 2018
Yay Area
I will preface by saying that most of the people at my interview day said their interviewer was very chill and welcoming.

That being said, I actually DID have a bad interview experience. I arrived at their office –they were on their computer, didn't get up to shake my hand but rather glanced at me and told me to sit down. I sat in silence for probably 5 minutes before they began what felt like an eternity of asking me out of scope questions or questions that seemed to condescend my lack of knowledge in very specific parts of my research technician job (all things that are unnecessary for me to know and frankly, unnecessary to evaluate my fit as a candidate). For 2/3 of the conversation, basically everything I said was either invalidated, interrupted, or refuted by the interviewer's own opinion.

The last 1/3 of the conversation turned more collegial and did end on a good note, however. We shook hands at the end and I left their office still not knowing whether the interview went well or horrible. Perhaps this was one of those "stress" interviews people talk about?

I'm just so miffed by this experience because it feels completely in contrast to the rest of the interview day. I agree with everyone else, the Dean is awesome and everyone there is super passionate/genuine and welcoming.
oddly mirrors my experience, no idea if it went well or poorly but the interviewer was a nice just not during the first half of the interview lol. The dean stories were so funny and genuinely felt welcomed here

Jul 15, 2018
oddly mirrors my experience, no idea if it went well or poorly but the interviewer was a nice just not during the first half of the interview lol. The dean stories were so funny and genuinely felt welcomed here
My friend interviewed here some weeks ago and the dean herself was her interviewer. She said it was super chill and conversational, so I hope I’m lucky enough to have that same opportunity lol

Reactions: Mainiac
Nov 12, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
I interviewed here yesterday. The sessions were informative and low-key. Everyone I met was really great and honestly would be happy to call any of them classmates. My actual interview was good but not stellar. I am hoping that since it didn't feel bad that it's a good sign. I got asked mostly about my current research and exercising lol. It was very chronological in that I was asked to talk about each of my experiences. The only typical question I got was "why medicine" but other than that it was just a conversation about working out

May 20, 2018
Status
Pre-Medical
I actually agree with this experience. I thought my interviewer was somewhat rude. I don't know what is up with BU's interviewer's this year- but the entire thing left me with a bitter feeling about the school itself.

Aug 3, 2018
For those that have recently gotten an ii, what dates were available? I have mine scheduled in late November but might have to reschedule.

Sep 12, 2018
oh man, do you think it's a bad sign if we didn't get this email?
I wouldn't take it to mean anything negative! My best guess is that it was sent to people who submitted during a certain time frame where they got a lot of apps and were unable to process them as fast as they'd like. I submitted 8/3 and was complete 8/7, if that helps at all

Jun 1, 2018
Status
R just now, complete 8/8...will say it was the most polite rejection email yet lol

Unlimited Apps

King of Appetizers
Jun 8, 2018
Status
Same here. Complete 8/14, did not receive the email last week apologizing for delay so knew it was coming. Good luck to everyone else!
I was complete around the same time and also didn't receive the delay email. I thought the email was only sent out to folks that were complete all the way back in July but were in silence since then?

Also, haven't been rejected (yet lol).

Jun 26, 2018
I was complete around the same time and also didn't receive the delay email. I thought the email was only sent out to folks that were complete all the way back in July but were in silence since then?

Also, haven't been rejected (yet lol).
Nope, I was complete in August but got the email, so idk exactly how they determined who got the emails other then presumably if you didn't, you must have been reviewed/are under review

Jul 12, 2018
I actually agree with this experience. I thought my interviewer was somewhat rude. I don't know what is up with BU's interviewer's this year- but the entire thing left me with a bitter feeling about the school itself.
I had a similar experience... almost everyone in my group loved their interviewer. They all kept taking about how they seeemed so knowledgeable about their app and how they were so nice and welcoming.

Mine seemed like they didn’t even read my app and asked a bunch of personal and rude questions during the first half of the interview. It all left a bad taste in my mouth. A few of the current students they had at lunch also bad mouthed the school and their fellow classmates and the tour guides had a difficult time navigating the campus...