2018-2019 Burrell College of Osteopathic Medicine (BCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Accepted, interviewed 8/27

Congrats! Did you find out today? I interviewed 9/5 and they told me we would find out exactly one week after the interview, which is tomorrow

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone know how often adcom meets? I got an email yesterday after 1.5 mo saying one of my letters was missing a signature, and promptly sent it in- which is now with the screener.. I am wondering how long it will take to review now -.-

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone that interviewed last week heard anything about decisions?

Did you hear anything yet? Getting antsy over here

Nope! Was hoping to have a decision before the weekend started. Oh well, they might be pooling the 9/5 and 9/14 candidates into one selections meeting. Might have to wait till next week now I guess?

Nope! Was hoping to have a decision before the weekend started. Oh well, they might be pooling the 9/5 and 9/14 candidates into one selections meeting. Might have to wait till next week now I guess?

Ugh! So anxiety inducing lol

Members don't see this ad :)
AHHHH I waited for like 2 months to hear back, and one of my LORs wasn't signed. sad day. hope the turn around won't be forever now:(
Seriously? That's unfortunate :/ did they reach out to tell you that or was it reflected on the portal?

Sent from my SM-G955U using SDN mobile

For those of you who interviewed already, around what time was the day complete? I need to book a flight back same day.

they sent me an email :)
Oh okay well that was nice of them to notify you like that. They must be interested in giving you an interview! I remember a certain school that was a stickler for signatures and letterhead never told me that of my letters lacked a signature. I had to find that out on my own when I called to inquire on the status of my application

Reactions: 1 user
Oh okay well that was nice of them to notify you like that. They must be interested in giving you an interview! I remember a certain school that was a stickler for signatures and letterhead never told me that of my letters lacked a signature. I had to find that out on my own when I called to inquire on the status of my application

Did your application say complete though? (even though your letter wasn't signed?

Did your application say complete though? (even though your letter wasn't signed?
This issue I am referring to was for another school when I applied 2 years ago. I learned real quick that this school also has high standards about letters when I saw people from last year's thread experiencing the same issue so I made sure ahead of time that all my letters fulfilled the requirements this cycle.

Interfolio was invaluable in this regard because they will let you know if the letter is missing letterhead, signature or if your name is even spelled correctly.

For all of you who interviewed on 9/5, I called the admissions office today and they said the applications have been submitted to the dean for final review so we should hear back tomorrow or the next day at the latest

For all of you who interviewed on 9/5, I called the admissions office today and they said the applications have been submitted to the dean for final review so we should hear back tomorrow or the next day at the latest

Best of luck!

Hey guys! I was wondering if it's already too late to apply here? My AACOMAS has been verified since July. Please advise!

Hey guys! I was wondering if it's already too late to apply here? My AACOMAS has been verified since July. Please advise!

Do you feel like you fit their mission? You should apply if you feel like you love the school, it’s mission and could really see yourself there. You shouldn’t apply because you just want to add a school to increase your chances of acceptance

Reactions: 1 users
Do you feel like you fit their mission? You should apply if you feel like you love the school, it’s mission and could really see yourself there. You shouldn’t apply because you just want to add a school to increase your chances of acceptance

Yes! I do like their mission that's why I want to apply but I am afraid it might be too late. But I think I will take a chance. Thank you

Anyone interviewing on 9/26 want to split the shuttle fare with me?
I arrive in El Paso Airport around 3:40 PM.
Las Cruces shuttle (between L.C. and El Paso Airport) service says 1 person round trip is $81 but 2 people round trip makes it $66/person.

Edit. There is a different shuttle that runs from downtown El Paso to Las Cruces.
Google "NMDOT park and ride southern routes gold" and check out the PDF.
Make sure it says Effective March 1, 2017.
Each one way fare is $3 exact!

Last edited:
Accepted!!!

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone know how often their admissions committee meets?

Also how late will interviews be sent out?

Yes, congratulations! I was accepted too! Read the email at work and haven’t been able to focus all day haha.

Awesome congrats!!! So did I haha, I was dropping off a patient at the hospital when I saw the email!

Anyone know how often their admissions committee meets?

Also how late will interviews be sent out?
They had said that the committee meets every Wednesday to review applications so I’m assuming that’s for IIs and acceptances

How difficult is the pre-screen for Burrell? I got a secondary an hour after they said they had to do a preliminary review...

How difficult is the pre-screen for Burrell? I got a secondary an hour after they said they had to do a preliminary review...

How difficult, couldn’t tell you. But I do believe they have an automatic system that weeds out the applicants that do not meet the minimum GPA and MCAT requirements

How difficult, couldn’t tell you. But I do believe they have an automatic system that weeds out the applicants that do not meet the minimum GPA and MCAT requirements

Sorry quick question,

how did you get accepted by MD program before 10/15?

Sorry quick question,

how did you get accepted by MD program before 10/15?

It was a carib school. Kept my options open just in case

complete 8/21 with radio silence, they haven't even watched my video yet... the wait is brutal...

Guys I called and was told that my application was complete, but I never received an email. Did you all get the email saying that your app was complete?

Last edited:
Guys I called and was told that my application was complete, but I never received an email. Did you all get the email saying that your app was complete?

No, I don’t think they do complete emails. Did you do a YouTube video? Because you can keep track of the views through your creator studio and see when they watch your video..

No, I don’t think they do complete emails. Did you do a YouTube video? Because you can keep track of the views through your creator studio and see when they watch your video..
Thanks for the replay. No, I didn't submit the video. I submitted my secondary app about a month ago, so hopefully, I hear from them soon.

Thanks for the replay. No, I didn't submit the video. I submitted my secondary app about a month ago, so hopefully, I hear from them soon.

I wouldn’t worry too much about the wait. I waited over a month to get my II after I submitted my secondary and I ended up being accepted

I wouldn’t worry too much about the wait. I waited over a month to get my II after I submitted my secondary and I ended up being accepted

That's awesome, congrats!! Fingers crossed that things go like that for me as well lol

Can anybody direct me to BCOMs board scores? Im not sure if they even put them on the website but if anyone has some insight on how well their first few classes did on COMLEX, that'd be awesome!

Accepted!! Interviewed 09/14. I thought I failed my interview and was expecting the worst. Incredibly excited because this is my second cycle and BCOM is beyond my dream school.

Reactions: 5 users
Accepted!! Interviewed 09/14. I thought I failed my interview and was expecting the worst. Incredibly excited because this is my second cycle and BCOM is beyond my dream school.

Congrats! Would you ming sharing stats?