2018-2019 Burrell College of Osteopathic Medicine (BCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Ayyyy, let's do this!
Effin' down mate. I'll holla' at PM closer to the date. Regardless of whether we get in or not, doesn't mean we can't have a good time on this mini-vaycay! lol

Members don't see this ad.

How long after completing your secondary application did you hear back about an interview?

Members don't see this ad :)
I was told they will only take one of my LORs because they aren’t “core” science professors. I don’t have any way of getting a core science professor LOR at this point. Any recommendations? Should I give up, or call them on Monday and see if they will have more leeway?

I was told they will only take one of my LORs because they aren’t “core” science professors. I don’t have any way of getting a core science professor LOR at this point. Any recommendations? Should I give up, or call them on Monday and see if they will have more leeway?

Unfortunately I think they’re pretty set on this requirement as most med schools are. Can you maybe contact some of your science professors and explain the situation?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Speaking of LOR, I learned that my undergrad pre med committee grouped all my letters to upload to AACOMAS, including letters for masters programs I was planning to apply to.
When i found out I was like OMG.
There is nothing I can do.
I leave the rest up to fate...

I guess med schools didnt care , cause i have 2 acceptance already. XD

Interviewing on Wednesday- any accepted students care to share some words of wisdom on how to have a successful interview day?

Interviewing on Wednesday- any accepted students care to share some words of wisdom on how to have a successful interview day?

Accepted student here. They’re big on applicants fitting in with their mission. If you have a passion for the underserved and especially in the southwest area, make that very clear during your interview. Also, just like any other interview, just be yourself. I had a very good experience, it was pretty relaxed. The interview is open so be prepared to answer any questions they may have about anything in your primary application. Good luck!

how long did it take for you guys to get an II after submitting the secondary? its been about three weeks for me and I really like this school.

thank you!

how long did it take for you guys to get an II after submitting the secondary? its been about three weeks for me and I really like this school.

thank you!

I was complete on 7/20 and received an II on 08/14!

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone hear back yet that interviewed on 10/8?

Not yet... but they did say they were gonna review our stuff on the next Wednesday after our interview (aka yesterday). Per previous posts, ppl usually get accepted on Monday's... but maybe i'm speculating lol

Not yet... but they did say they were gonna review our stuff on the next Wednesday after our interview (aka yesterday). Per previous posts, ppl usually get accepted on Monday's... but maybe i'm speculating lol
Typically, I've seen 10 days

Hey guys, I’m looking for some advice

Sooooo I feel like a major idiot because I just realized my secondary application didn’t actually submit. I must have not clicked return to the merchant after payment.

Anyways, I feel really disappointed in myself for making this mistake. I tried to submit at the end of September. Do you guys think it’s too late to submit the secondary now? I have a good gpa 3.6+ however my mcat score is low (495-499). Im not from the southwest myself but my fiancé is stationed in El Paso. I also feel like I’m a good fit for the mission as I’m from and work in an underserved area. This really is my first choice school. Do you think there’s any chance on acceptance at this point?

Reactions: 1 user
Hey guys, I’m looking for some advice

Sooooo I feel like a major idiot because I just realized my secondary application didn’t actually submit. I must have not clicked return to the merchant after payment.

Anyways, I feel really disappointed in myself for making this mistake. I tried to submit at the end of September. Do you guys think it’s too late to submit the secondary now? I have a good gpa 3.6+ however my mcat score is low (495-499). Im not from the southwest myself but my fiancé is stationed in El Paso. I also feel like I’m a good fit for the mission as I’m from and work in an underserved area. This really is my first choice school. Do you think there’s any chance on acceptance at this point?

If you already completed the secondary and paid for it, you might as well submit it! At least you won’t feel regret down the road about not giving it a try. Their selections process is very holistic. If you feel like you’re a good fit, just make sure that’s explicit in your application. Based on previous threads, they send out offers well into the summer, so don’t rest too hard on submitting it in October. Best of luck to you!

I'm betting we'll hear something this coming Monday
So I emailed and it looks like the admissions committee already met, we are just waiting on the dean to sign off on them and it's up to his time table now. So Monday might very well be the possibility

Any recent II?

I was complete late September and I haven’t heard back

So I emailed and it looks like the admissions committee already met, we are just waiting on the dean to sign off on them and it's up to his time table now. So Monday might very well be the possibility
Heard back. Waitlisted

What are the secondary questions? Is it just the optional essay/video response?

Did anyone ask for an update on their application status after submitting the secondary? If so, how long after you submitted your secondary did you wait before asking?

Did anyone ask for an update on their application status after submitting the secondary? If so, how long after you submitted your secondary did you wait before asking?

How long has it been? I waited about a month before receiving my II

Withdrawing from my interview on 11/14. Hope that spot goes to one of y'all!

Unsure about the financial aid and cost of this school. Does anybody have any feedback?

They finally watched my YouTube video, but no other news. Complete Mid-August

How long does ir take to get a secondary after your primary application is verified?

How long does ir take to get a secondary after your primary application is verified?

It only took me a few days to receive my secondary after my initial application was submitted. But I submitted in June so it was early. How long have you waited?

It only took me a few days to receive my secondary after my initial application was submitted. But I submitted in June so it was early. How long have you waited?

Oh okay got it. I was verified yesterday morning. They must’ve changed the process to sending out secondaries because last year I got a secondary instantly. Maybe they are reviewing your primary first instead of a quick screen

II today! Complete mid August, OOS

The first part of the email definitely sounds likes a rejection

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
II yesterday, but I will be declining. Hope it goes to one of you still waiting to hear back :)

Accepted! :soexcited:Interviewed 10/26.

Reactions: 4 users
Accepted! :clap: Interviewed 10/26! They responded HELLA quick! six days! that's insane in my book.

Reactions: 1 users
Giving up on interview spot on 11/07. School's mission is awesome. I hope it goes to one of y'all.