2018-2019 CA University of Science and Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Those of you who got II's can you share stats/ if you're IS/OOS please
IS. LM 71. Complete 9/11

Members don't see this ad.

Lol at me, a sad LizzyM 65, seeing all these IIs I wont be getting hahaha. Congrats to everyone though, you guys deserve it!!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I just sent an email to them. I'll keep you guys updated when they let me know

Reactions: 2 users
Lol at me, a sad LizzyM 65, seeing all these IIs I wont be getting hahaha. Congrats to everyone though, you guys deserve it!!

There's no reason to consider yourself out of the running. It's still early on in the interview season; I'm sure you'll see some coming your way soon! Keep on believing!

Reactions: 1 users
II. OOS (Chicago), LM 70, complete ~9/5?

EDIT: I can't seem to find where to schedule the interview and it says I only have 72 hours to schedule, anyone got any info?

I interviewed at my fair share of places with a LizzyM of 65 and was ultimately accepted. Don't fret yet. A lot more goes into it than pure numbers nowadays. Always assume you're not getting in and be working on that reapplication (I'd recommend that to anyone regardless of LizzyM score) but definitely don't give up hope this early in the game. Good luck.

They sent me an updated link in which I can sign up now

Members don't see this ad :)
Did you guys get a compete email after submitting the secondary?

I also think from last years thread they screen for more than grades also! A faculty member mentioned that they don’t offer secondaries to anyone they think will not be a good fit or have a good chance of getting in. What that means? I have no idea lmao

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you guys get a compete email after submitting the secondary?

I also think from last years thread they screen for more than grades also! A faculty member mentioned that they don’t offer secondaries to anyone they think will not be a good fit or have a good chance of getting in. What that means? I have no idea lmao

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That means they holistically screen your primary to determine if you qualify for a secondary app. This means they might read your EC, PS and even biographical information. I think this is just like the UCs where they don't automatically send everybody a secondary. Another poster (and I agree) suggested that at least somebody likes your primary, but I wouldn't read too much into it given how competitive it is for this CA school.

Interview invite this afternoon. Gpa: 4.0, MCAT: 508, slightly non-traditional, OOS

anybody interviewing Oct. 25th and want to explore LA the 24th/26th? The cheapest flights I could get gave me both of those days.

Man these spots filled up fast! by the time I looked everything was taken up to December. I scheduled for Jan 10th because I'll have a friend in the area so I can stay with him. Anyone else interviewing on the 10th?

II, IS. didnt know there were october dates 0_o they filled up so quickly. im scheduled in decemeber

They must of gave out so many ii in one day. II LM 71, but debating to schedule. I was in the first ii group last year and school is definetly not as solid as well established other mds.

My goodness, how many invites did they send out?! The earliest I can schedule is January.

Can anyone confirm whether this school does MMI or 1-on-1 interviews? On MSAR it says they do MMI, but in the email it says they are doing 1-1 interview. I assume I would trust the email, but just want to confirm.

I interviewed at my fair share of places with a LizzyM of 65 and was ultimately accepted. Don't fret yet. A lot more goes into it than pure numbers nowadays. Always assume you're not getting in and be working on that reapplication (I'd recommend that to anyone regardless of LizzyM score) but definitely don't give up hope this early in the game. Good luck.
It looks like most applicants in this II wave has >70 LizzyM. Definitely feel nervous and hope they will show some love for lower LizzyM.

Withdrew interview. Accepted to top choice. Hope it goes to one of you! :)

It looks like most applicants in this II wave has >70 LizzyM. Definitely feel nervous and hope they will show some love for lower LizzyM.
So you think people with lower LM scores will get another shot sometime down the line, with perhaps the next wave of invites?

So you think people with lower LM scores will get another shot sometime down the line, with perhaps the next wave of invites?
yes, it's very possible. Especially because many will get to their other top choices and drop their interview appointments

My LizzyM is a 67 and they just sent me a interview invite about 2 hours ago so hang in there my fingers will be crossed for you!

Not t
not true. I received a II but I’m from the Inland Emprire. So, there’s that. I think it’s holistic.

Does anyone have any tips for travel: LAX to San Bernardino? I have to fly into LAX so I am looking for cheap options. Also I'm from a small town and have never used public transit in my life lol

Did anyone get a confirmation email after scheduling for the interview? Thanks!

Does anyone have any tips for travel: LAX to San Bernardino? I have to fly into LAX so I am looking for cheap options. Also I'm from a small town and have never used public transit in my life lol

You can rent a car but its gonna cost you around $80 - $90. Another option is the train but you'll have to take a shuttle/Uber from LAX to Union Station. It's cheap and it'll get you to San Bernardino but I have never taken it myself.

Train Schedules | Metrolink

Can anyone confirm whether this school does MMI or 1-on-1 interviews? On MSAR it says they do MMI, but in the email it says they are doing 1-1 interview. I assume I would trust the email, but just want to confirm.

Last year it was 1 on 1 and as far as I know it still is.

Man these spots filled up fast! by the time I looked everything was taken up to December. I scheduled for Jan 10th because I'll have a friend in the area so I can stay with him. Anyone else interviewing on the 10th?
They do fill up fast! Scheduled for Jan 24th here! Also did you get a confirmation email after scheduling? And congrats and good luck!

How long did it take you guys to get an II after submitting your secondary?? Congrats!!

Interview information emailed 8:00pm est for me (interview 11-29)

I added this school pretty late (end of Aug I think) and haven't received a secondary yet, anyone else still waiting for one? Also do you guys think it's work it to call and see if I'm still being considered at least? (IS and got secondaries from all the UCs so kinda expected to get a secondary from here as well even with the screening)

I added this school pretty late (end of Aug I think) and haven't received a secondary yet, anyone else still waiting for one? Also do you guys think it's work it to call and see if I'm still being considered at least? (IS and got secondaries from all the UCs so kinda expected to get a secondary from here as well even with the screening)

I submitted July 7th and barely got my secondary two-three weeks ago, then an II less than a week later. It's up to you man but the turn around time is rather quick after that. If you got secondaries from UCs then you're bound to hear back from this school too for a secondary.

Sent from my SM-G955U using SDN mobile

Last edited:
I wonder how many II's they gave already. Counting the people on their home page picture, it looks like their inaugural class had about ~60 people.

Based on some of the LizzyM's though, I think it's pretty likely that many of them will have multiple acceptances, so hopefully there are more waves of II's

Called this school the other day, and looks like they are really focusing on the Inland empire and CA students. Their average MCAT for the first class was around 512-513 and they are seating a class of 90 students in 2019. So if you are OOS, it helps to have good stats or some sort of CA connection!