2018-2019 Campbell University School of Osteopathic Medicine (CUCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yo congrats! How the heck did you already have an interview and get accepted? Thats crazy!
I am really shocked too. I got a call last Thursday (7/5) about the interview and flew there for the interview on Tuesday. Just got the call today, Friday. They said they decided to have an early interview session. It was only about five of us rather than their usual twelve. Btw, the interview was very conversational. I felt like they truly were just interested in getting to know me. Very kind people. No need to be nervous for the interviews - even though you naturally will be. After the interview, they said they'd meet and let us know soon. So happy I can't believe it

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
could someone comment/confirm on whether they have an MCAT pre screen? I have a 506 overall but one subsection is below 40 %ile. on the fence about applying

could someone comment/confirm on whether they have an MCAT pre screen? I have a 506 overall but one subsection is below 40 %ile. on the fence about applying

I received a secondary with an MCAT lower than yours and CARS and P/S below 40%. I'm not sure what other factors they consider with the pre-screen. They don't accept C/P or B/B below 40%.

Reactions: 1 user
I received a secondary with an MCAT lower than yours and CARS and P/S below 40%. I'm not sure what other factors they consider with the pre-screen. They don't accept C/P or B/B below 40%.

okay great! thanks for the insight :clap:

Accepted!!!
Very impressed with the students at this school. They definitely seem like a family and are willing to go above and beyond to help each other!

Reactions: 2 users
Accepted!!!
Very impressed with the students at this school. They definitely seem like a family and are willing to go above and beyond to help each other!

Did they call or email? Space congratulations !!

They emailed and thank you!

Sorry to keep bothering you, but I was wondering which interview date you were at? I’m trying to gauge whether they’ll have decisions for acceptances today or next week. Thank you!

Sorry to keep bothering you, but I was wondering which interview date you were at? I’m trying to gauge whether they’ll have decisions for acceptances today or next week. Thank you!
No problem, I interviewed the 17th of July

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed 7/10 and received a call with the acceptance offer 7/13.

I also completely agree with @kharwood , everyone was amazing at CUSOM. I felt like I was visiting with family members.

II today! For those that have interviewed already and/or current students, what was the interview day like?

II today! For those that have interviewed already and/or current students, what was the interview day like?
Very warm atmosphere. The admission team greets you as soon as you walk in the door. Once everyone arrives, you listen to a presentation on CUSOM for about an hour. Then you go upstairs and have three 30 minute interviews, I had one with the assistant director of admissions, a PhD, and a DO. All were so friendly and asked fair questions. I would just know your application well and relax. The rest of the day was pretty relaxed. We had a tour and lunch with an MS4 and had a financial aid presentation. I think it lasted until around 2?

You are naturally going to be nervous, but just remember that you'll see what I mean when you interview. You'll do great.

Reactions: 1 users
Very warm atmosphere. The admission team greets you as soon as you walk in the door. Once everyone arrives, you listen to a presentation on CUSOM for about an hour. Then you go upstairs and have three 30 minute interviews, I had one with the assistant director of admissions, a PhD, and a DO. All were so friendly and asked fair questions. I would just know your application well and relax. The rest of the day was pretty relaxed. We had a tour and lunch with an MS4 and had a financial aid presentation. I think it lasted until around 2?

You are naturally going to be nervous, but just remember that you'll see what I mean when you interview. You'll do great.

Thanks so much! I appreciate it :)

I received the II yesterday and it asked me to tell them which date worked best for me. I responded with a date but havent heard anything from them. I assume I will be getting a confirmation email. I'm a little stressed because I bought plane tickets today and realized: oh shoot, I havent received a confirmation email yet. What if for whatever reason that interview date isnt available anymore. How long did it take for other people with interviews to receive a confirmation email about the date?

I received the II yesterday and it asked me to tell them which date worked best for me. I responded with a date but havent heard anything from them. I assume I will be getting a confirmation email. I'm a little stressed because I bought plane tickets today and realized: oh shoot, I havent received a confirmation email yet. What if for whatever reason that interview date isnt available anymore. How long did it take for other people with interviews to receive a confirmation email about the date?
My confirmation came right after the phone call I had with them, but I would say just call them in the morning to confirm your date

Wow, that's weird. They didn't do that last year. I interviewed with a 499 (124/125/126/124), though I didn't get accepted. Hopefully you guys can get some love from other schools like I did.

Do you mind telling me which schools you did get some love from?? My MCAT is not so great either and I want to apply to the schools that are more holistic.

Still no secondary from them, ~ 3.6 AACOMAS, 509 MCAT. My impression from this thread was that they sent out secondaries almost immediately after receiving primary, which I submitted last week. Does that mean I got screened?

Still no secondary from them, ~ 3.6 AACOMAS, 509 MCAT. My impression from this thread was that they sent out secondaries almost immediately after receiving primary, which I submitted last week. Does that mean I got screened?
My primary was submitted 5/29. Secondary offer on 6/28. Interview invite 7/23

Why would you get screened with those stats lol? I haven't received a secondary yet either. I think we just gotta be patient

Why would you get screened with those stats lol? I haven't received a secondary yet either. I think we just gotta be patient

Yeah, I saw that a couple people seemed to get their secondaries instantly and I didn't, so I thought that the delay meant that my application was missed or rejected or something. I read some thread for another school where people who were above the cutoffs got auto-reject emails sent. Couple that with the fact that some of my emails have ended up in the junk folder and I'm stuck in high-alert, freak-out mode :D .

Yeah, I saw that a couple people seemed to get their secondaries instantly and I didn't, so I thought that the delay meant that my application was missed or rejected or something. I read some thread for another school where people who were above the cutoffs got auto-reject emails sent. Couple that with the fact that some of my emails have ended up in the junk folder and I'm stuck in high-alert, freak-out mode :D .

My application is on hold as well. It’s been on hold for a little while. My GPA is slightly higher but your MCAT is much higher than mine so I’m surprised they put you on hold with a 509.

Once your application is complete, the only way to find out if you got an interview is via email? Does this school have a portal?

Hey guys. Quick question. I got the following email on June 27: "Your application has been reviewed and at this moment we would like to bring your application to the Pre-Screen Committee for an in depth review. We are very interested in your candidacy and will be discussing your application within the next few weeks." I still haven't heard anything from them and haven't received a secondary either. Would it be wise to reach out to them?

Hey guys. Quick question. I got the following email on June 27: "Your application has been reviewed and at this moment we would like to bring your application to the Pre-Screen Committee for an in depth review. We are very interested in your candidacy and will be discussing your application within the next few weeks." I still haven't heard anything from them and haven't received a secondary either. Would it be wise to reach out to them?
I personally would just wait. Some people might argue that emailing them and asking about it would get your name in their minds, but I feel this makes you appear impatient. If I received that email I would just wait it out and they will email you when they email you. It' still fairly early.

Reactions: 1 users
I personally would just wait. Some people might argue that emailing them and asking about it would get your name in their minds, but I feel this makes you appear impatient. If I received that email I would just wait it out and they will email you when they email you. It' still fairly early.
Sounds good, thanks!

I would normally say wait, but after meeting the ad com at this school, I think it would be fine to call and ask. I would emphasize that you are not pushing but that you would just like clarification. They are all so nice and laid back there that I highly doubt they'll have an issue with it. They were as friendly as an ad com can get. If anything, it would show them initiative!

Reactions: 3 users
I would normally say wait, but after meeting the ad com at this school, I think it would be fine to call and ask. I would emphasize that you are not pushing but that you would just like clarification. They are all so nice and laid back there that I highly doubt they'll have an issue with it. They were as friendly as an ad com can get. If anything, it would show them initiative!
Wow thats great to hear that they're so friendly. Thanks!

Is anyone interviewing on 8/14, and want to split a hotel or Airbnb? I will have a car to explore, and will be there from the 13th-15th.

I GOT ACCEPTED!!!!!! I'm super late to post, but I interviewed on 7/10 and got the call on 7/13. Super excited and can't wait to start. Go Camels!!!

DR-D, looks like we interviewed together, I'm glad I will be seeing a familiar face. Everyone who interviewed that day was great and I am glad we had the privilege of being the first group to interview.

Reactions: 3 users

Hey, there is still hope I was on the same boat. I received a secondary invite today though! I received the Pre-Committee screen email on June 28th.

Hey, there is still hope I was on the same boat. I received a secondary invite today though! I received the Pre-Committee screen email on June 28th.
Yup same :)

I got put on the pre screen committee 7/5 so I’m still waiting :whistle:

I got my AACOMA application verified last Monday and heard back from a few schools for secondaries. I have not heard anything from Campbell about receiving my application or anything but I am worried about the secondary screening. My score is a 505 which qualifies for their secondary application but based on previous posts, they do a screening of subsection scores below 40% and my CARS score does not meet this and part of my performance was due to unforeseen circumstances leading up to my exam date. Should I reach out to the school to explain or anything?

For those who have completed the secondary or are completing it currently, did you guys get asked twice how you were a good fit for CUSOM? I see two places where the question comes up and thought it might be an error.

For those who have completed the secondary or are completing it currently, did you guys get asked twice how you were a good fit for CUSOM? I see two places where the question comes up and thought it might be an error.
Yeah, I just answered it twice lol

Secondary submitted one week ago. Hoping to hear from them soon!!

How long have they usually taken from secondary completion? I haven't seen too many posts on this thread about the time frame.

Secondary submitted one week ago. Hoping to hear from them soon!!

How long have they usually taken from secondary completion? I haven't seen too many posts on this thread about the time frame.
Secondary submitted 7/07, interview invite on 7/25

How long does it take to receive the secondary after receiving the initial email? Do you guys think I'm too late to the game? :/