2018-2019 Campbell University School of Osteopathic Medicine (CUCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just received an II! Super excited to interview at this school. Does anyone know about the best way to fly there? Which airport is easiest and closest to fly into?
Fly into Raleigh for sure, it's just like 40 or so minutes from Lillington. There is a microtel hotel literally down the road from the school. Not a great place to stay. I wish I stayed at the 2nd closest hotel a town over from the school and driven the 10 minutes instead of the 2 minutes

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hoping to hear something back this week! Complete 8/16!

Interview invite via email today! Completed app Aug 15

Ivy league grad, sGPA 3.2, cGPA 3.4 MCAT 502

Reactions: 3 users
Anyone who interviewed last week hear back yet?

Accepted! Interviewed 8/13. Got an email today (8/23) at noon. No phone call. Currently ugly crying tears of joy...

Best of luck everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Last edited:
Reactions: 8 users
Accepted also! Interviewed 8/13 too. So excited to start next year and can't wait to meet everyone!

Good luck! If anyone has any questions about interview day, let me know! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Congratulations everyone! I'm interviewing next Tuesday (8/28)! Very excited but also very nervous!

Accepted! Interviewed 8/13 and notified via email this morning!

Reactions: 1 users
Accepted! Interviewed on Monday (8/20)!

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone interviewing on 9/17?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

II via phone call! Super excited! For those of you who interviewed, do you have any positive feedback?

Still no secondary from them, ~ 3.6 AACOMAS, 509 MCAT. My impression from this thread was that they sent out secondaries almost immediately after receiving primary, which I submitted last week. Does that mean I got screened?
They purposely send out secondaries little by little because if they send out too many then people's email will classify it as spam. Just be patient and start prewriting so that you can submit it as soon as you receive it.

Sent from my SM-G955U using SDN mobile

II via phone call! Super excited! For those of you who interviewed, do you have any positive feedback?

Congrats and good luck! Know your application well and know the school well. The interviews are very relaxed and the faculty is incredibly friendly. They do 3 one-on-one interviews, about 20 mins each. Those are done early in the day so you can relax and enjoy the tour of the anatomy lab and the sim lab (which are awesome..)

Congrats and good luck! Know your application well and know the school well. The interviews are very relaxed and the faculty is incredibly friendly. They do 3 one-on-one interviews, about 20 mins each. Those are done early in the day so you can relax and enjoy the tour of the anatomy lab and the sim lab (which are awesome..)

Thank you! So when it comes to the 3 different interviews, was there much overlap in the type of questions they asked? Or was it more so each session focused on different topics/themes?

Thank you! So when it comes to the 3 different interviews, was there much overlap in the type of questions they asked? Or was it more so each session focused on different topics/themes?

All three of mine overlapped quite a bit but I obviously can’t speak for everyone

Congrats on the II! Do you mind sharing when you received a complete email from CUSOM?
So they sent me an email asking me to clarify a letter of rec on 8/2 and I fixed everything the day of, but haven’t heard anything since. Should I call to see if everything was received?

What are the secondary prompts/word count?

Hey guys would anyone happen to know the character/word count for the secondary questions, is the same 2000 as previous years? Also how did you go about describing the 5 qualities possessed? I'm having trouble fitting 5 qualities in 2000 characters and explaining how I demonstrate them thoroughly. Thanks in advance!

Anyone interviewing on September 17th that has a car or wants to share an Uber from the airport

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How did you guys handle thank you notes after the interview? I feel like if I mailed something out right after my interview, with the short time it takes for them to potentially respond, it might not make a difference? I plan on sending one anyways, but I was wondering if anyone emailed the committee rather than mailed a letter?

How did you guys handle thank you notes after the interview? I feel like if I mailed something out right after my interview, with the short time it takes for them to potentially respond, it might not make a difference? I plan on sending one anyways, but I was wondering if anyone emailed the committee rather than mailed a letter?

I asked during my interview, they prefer email. If you need their emails, you can find them on the school website in the faculty directory.

Got my primary in kind of late but excited to be considered! Perusing the thread and it seems like it can take up to a month to get a secondary back?

Interviewed August 28th and accepted today!

Ask if you have any questions, glad to share experience, but everyone is going to have a different experience and opinion :)

(503, 3.72, 3.8 sGPA)

Last edited:
Accepted! Interview Aug 28, pm me if any questions regarding the interview. Stats 509, 3.7

Reactions: 2 users
Also interviewed Aug 28 and accepted today! PM if any questions.
(512/3.71)

Reactions: 2 users
Has anyone that has been accepted received the email to make the deposit? I know it said in the email that we would receive instructions later on how to submit it but I was just wondering how long that took.

Has anyone that has been accepted received the email to make the deposit? I know it said in the email that we would receive instructions later on how to submit it but I was just wondering how long that took.
took 1 week.