2018-2019 Campbell University School of Osteopathic Medicine (CUCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Would you mind saying the deposit amount to be made, and how long you have to make it after the acceptance? Thanks!
$1500 and till nov 15 for me

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone that has been accepted received the email to make the deposit? I know it said in the email that we would receive instructions later on how to submit it but I was just wondering how long that took.
I have not received the email yet, Interview Aug. 28th.

Does anyone have any suggestions about my situation? I sent in my secondary on 7/24, on 8/2 they said I needed to fix a letter of rec, which was done on the same day. I followed up with admissions on 8/28 to see if the letter was received, and got this

Thank you!

We have received the letter.

We will send out an email with your updated status soon.

Thanks!
CUSOM Admission

What is considered “soon”?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey, I submitted my secondary and received an e-mail that my application was put on hold for further review. Has anyone gotten this e-mail and has anyone gotten an interview/acceptance post-receiving this? Thanks :)

I was complete August 15 and haven't gotten a hold or II yet... Anybody else in the same boat?

Last edited:
I was completed on Aug 31 and got an email today inviting me for an interview specifically on Sept 11 (next Tuesday!). For others who got interviews, did the invite email say something like “(insert date) works well for us. Let us know if you can make it!” Or something like that? Freaks me out that they are giving me like 5 days notice.

I was completed on Aug 31 and got an email today inviting me for an interview specifically on Sept 11 (next Tuesday!). For others who got interviews, did the invite email say something like “(insert date) works well for us. Let us know if you can make it!” Or something like that? Freaks me out that they are giving me like 5 days notice.

yes! that is exactly how I got my invitation except with a 2 week notice!

Would it be too late for me to apply here next week? Honestly waiting on my next paycheck lol. MCAT 513, gpa 3.92

So does anyone know what Campbell's policy is on rescheduling interviews? I am interviewing on September 17th and flying into Raleigh on Sunday the 16th. The reason I ask is because with Hurricane Florence coming through, flights into RDU might be canceled and I don't know if Lillington, or on the way to Lillington, will have flooding at all. Just curious as to if anyone can shed any light on this issue for me.

Members don't see this ad :)
So does anyone know what Campbell's policy is on rescheduling interviews? I am interviewing on September 17th and flying into Raleigh on Sunday the 16th. The reason I ask is because with Hurricane Florence coming through, flights into RDU might be canceled and I don't know if Lillington, or on the way to Lillington, will have flooding at all. Just curious as to if anyone can shed any light on this issue for me.
Pretty much every college, university, school in eastern NC is shutting down for the hurricane and with the aftermath possibly being catastrophic, I’m sure they will probably reschedule you or will be more than understanding if you need to reschedule.

I live on the NC coast. Probably won’t know the extent of it all until it actually hits. The area around Campbell should be able to bounce back pretty quickly though

Pretty much every college, university, school in eastern NC is shutting down for the hurricane and with the aftermath possibly being catastrophic, I’m sure they will probably reschedule you or will be more than understanding if you need to reschedule.

Also, you can call and ask them. I’m sure they will give you a realistic answer if it’s feasible for you to come

I got non refundable flights and hotels worth 250 for the Sept 17th date to be cancelled

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To the people who got interviews, what were your stats (GPA and MCAT)? I've been sadly put on hold :/

Could anyone shed light on their interview experience? How was the format/type of questions they asked? Mine is coming up soon! Gracias!

How long does it take for CUCOM to send out secondaries? Got verified a while back but have not received anything yet.

How long does it take for CUCOM to send out secondaries? Got verified a while back but have not received anything yet.
Usually it takes about 2 weeks. I am afraid it may take a little longer since we have been hit by Florence. The school is safe but the area around are flooded. School will reopen tomorrow on slow motion. Good luck guys. Ask any question here, will respond as soon as I can.

Usually it takes about 2 weeks. I am afraid it may take a little longer since we have been hit by Florence. The school is safe but the area around are flooded. School will reopen tomorrow on slow motion. Good luck guys. Ask any question here, will respond as soon as I can.

Thanks! I hope everyone is doing okay over there!!

This school has such a positive and welcoming flair. Do you mind commenting on what the first-year schedule is like?

Thanks! I hope everyone is doing okay over there!!

This school has such a positive and welcoming flair. Do you mind commenting on what the first-year schedule is like?
Class Monday to Thursday 8-1p.m. Lab in the afternoon till about 5 depending on your group. Friday quiz from 0800-0830. Then lecture till about 12 p.m. It seems kinda cool, but you can easily be overwhelmed. The experience is amazing so far, you learn a lot. Have heard 1st year is the toughest, and it gets better as you go. Hope it helps.

Class Monday to Thursday 8-1p.m. Lab in the afternoon till about 5 depending on your group. Friday quiz from 0800-0830. Then lecture till about 12 p.m. It seems kinda cool, but you can easily be overwhelmed. The experience is amazing so far, you learn a lot. Have heard 1st year is the toughest, and it gets better as you go. Hope it helps.
Thank you! It does help :)

Could anyone shed light on their interview experience? How was the format/type of questions they asked? Mine is coming up soon! Gracias!

Interview experience was very relaxed for me. Had great conversations about my experiences and hobbies. Nothing that was overly formal, but this was my experience and may not be yours.

Did anybody during their interview day happen to write down the first time pass rates for boards and match rates? I thought I would be able to find it online, but I'm coming up short

Did anybody during their interview day happen to write down the first time pass rates for boards and match rates? I thought I would be able to find it online, but I'm coming up short
I didn't write it down, but I remember it being in the very high 90s I think?

Did not write them down, but I know they were approximately 2% over the national for complex I and complex II. they do not have reliable stats for complex III as its a relatively new school. Residency placement is sitting at near 100% as there have been only 2 placements so far.

Any girls interviewing on Monday (8/24) willing to split a hotel with me the night prior? Microtel is ~$100 that night with tax.

I was complete August 15 and haven't gotten a hold or II yet... Anybody else in the same boat?

Not sure if anyone responded but my primary was submitted on 8/14, just got email today that I’m going to pre-screen committee.

I didn't write it down, but I remember it being in the very high 90s I think?

I was looking to see if they posted the class of 2017's COMLEX Level 3 pass rate and found this PowerPoint from accepted students day on Google. It has recent COMLEX/USMLE statistics plus curriculum/schedule information. I wanted to post it here to help with your school choice!

If you copy and paste the link below into your browser it should come up. If not just type "campbell university comlex level 3 pass rate" into Google and it will be the ~3rd result down. Good luck!

cuhealth.campbell.edu/matriculation/Accepted%20Students%20Day%204-7-2018.pptx

Reactions: 1 users
how long did the review process take from the time of complete to the II for those who were offered one? I was complete two weeks ago but noticed some people were getting IIs quicker then that, so I am getting nervous. I have 3.46 GPA and 509 MCAT, any insight is appreciated!

How much does CUSOM emphasize religion? I know it is in their mission statement, but I just wanted to know how much stock they put into it. Do students have to take religion classes? I'm not really a religious person (not trying to start any arguments), and was wondering if I left out the Christian part when filling out the secondary if that would be bad. Thanks, guys!
So I just created a profile after lurking as a premed for years and I'm sorry this is too late for your secondary, but thought this was an important question to address.

Christian values are important at Campbell University. Service in our community and international mission trips are emphasized as part of the student experience for students who are interested. CMDA is also prominent for those interested.

That being said, you do not have to participate in any of this. I'm not religious either so I don't. We have students of various faiths and many agnostic students as well. I have never felt uncomfortable at CUSOM and no, we don't have religion classes other than some lectures to enhance cultural/spiritual competency. I hope to stay in this part of this state for my career so I actually feel that the religious exposure is helpful to understanding the patient population.

Hey guys! Current OMS-1 and happy to answer any questions you may have about the school, area, interview, etc. I would prefer questions posted to the thread so others can benefit but DMs are ok too.

Also, for anyone on the fence, it's not too late to apply. I applied super late and am here, along with several others from my interview day. Good luck this cycle - I had a long journey to admission but I couldn't be happier at CUSOM.

Reactions: 1 users
Anybody from the 9/11 interview pool heard anything yet?

how long did the review process take from the time of complete to the II for those who were offered one? I was complete two weeks ago but noticed some people were getting IIs quicker then that, so I am getting nervous. I have 3.46 GPA and 509 MCAT, any insight is appreciated!

I submitted my application in mid-July, was notified later in the month that my application was complete and under review, and still have not heard anything. I know that unfortunately people have been rejected so no news is good news I suppose. It's still quite early in the application season though, so I think we just have to be patient and trust that it will work out!

FWIW I am not an NC resident, so this may play a role in the delayed response. Who knows, though? This process is a crazy, wild ride.

I submitted my primary back in July and only just got a secondary invite. Interviewed here last year but didn’t get in. Does this mean that they really aren’t that interested and I shouldn’t bother applying?
MCAT 508, GPA 3.8

I submitted my primary back in July and only just got a secondary invite. Interviewed here last year but didn’t get in. Does this mean that they really aren’t that interested and I shouldn’t bother applying?
MCAT 508, GPA 3.8
Dude, with those grades, you should be able to get an interview. But it's not just about grades obviously. Learn from last year's interview and also make sure that you can explain why you're a good fit for their missional statement (this is very important to CUSOM).

Last edited:
ACCEPTED TO CUSOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Interviewed 9/11

Reactions: 6 users
Just got my acceptance email! Congratulations to everyone who got in and I’m sending good vibes to the people still waiting!

Reactions: 3 users
Congrats everyone. Also accepted today - is there a Facebook page or anything like that?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 4 users