2018-2019 Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II :). Complete at the beginning of September. Lowish MCAT, high GPA.

What should I expect for my interview in January in terms of weather? I've never been so up north, and it scares me, haha.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 7 users
II :). Complete at the beginning of September. Lowish MCAT, high GPA.

What should I expect for my interview in January in terms of weather? I've never been so up north, and it scares me, haha.
Expect snow and cold! Dress warm, drive safe.

Reactions: 1 users
Does anybody know if this school has a student host program?

Members don't see this ad :)
Wouldn't they send you an R right away if your app wasn't strong enough though? Or do they do silent rejections?

Case doesn't silent reject. If you haven't received a decision and you've been waiting a long time, chances are you're a maybe or your reviewer is taking forever.. probably the former more than the later would be my guess.

Alternate list email last week, interviewed early Dec

Case doesn't silent reject. If you haven't received a decision and you've been waiting a long time, chances are you're a maybe or your reviewer is taking forever.. probably the former more than the later would be my guess.

Hey, do you know what the process is for applying for scholarships? If we got invited to apply for the dean's scholarship what does that entail exactly? Is it going to just be more essays type of thing?

Also do you know if someone gets the maximum amount of 40k for the dean's scholarship can they still get more financial aid on top of that? From what i remember on interview day it sounded like they just give you the one that is the higher value but they don't give you both. Is that correct?

Hey, do you know what the process is for applying for scholarships? If we got invited to apply for the dean's scholarship what does that entail exactly? Is it going to just be more essays type of thing?

Also do you know if someone gets the maximum amount of 40k for the dean's scholarship can they still get more financial aid on top of that? From what i remember on interview day it sounded like they just give you the one that is the higher value but they don't give you both. Is that correct?
Yes, that's what I recall as well

Reactions: 1 user
Received an interview on the 20th of December with dates in January and Mid December however I will not be attending. Good luck with the rest of your cycles everyone!

Not sure what the process entails. Others on the forum here can probably tell you.

Yes, correct. Max of $40K.

Members don't see this ad :)
Has case released dates for their second look weekend yet/does anyone know the dates for second look?

Has case released dates for their second look weekend yet/does anyone know the dates for second look?

Yeah they're on acceptance page. It was April 6th/7th

Edit: just checked and it's actually 5th and 6th but they also state to not make any travel plans until they give us more info.

Last edited:
Got the pre-II R just now. OOS, LM 73, complete 9/22.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

rejected pre-II today. Was complete in July

Also got rejected today. Complete late July LM 72. I was sort of expecting it, but am disappointed since I was waitlisted here last year and thought I could get in this year.

+1, complete late July. I thought the message was very pleasant and understanding

Good luck to all still in the running

Joining the R wave! LM 70, complete mid-Sept. Best of luck to everyone else!

Anyone else still in complete silence from Case?

Anyone else still in complete silence from Case?

Honestly, no news is good news from CWRU. They told me in a recent email that they are still reviewing apps, and it will take them several weeks to send a decision.

When are merit scholarship applications supposed to be sent out?

II! complete early sept, stats in signature. dates open for jan and feb

Last edited:
+1 II this morning, LM 75, OOS, ORM, many dates (MWF usually) through Jan and Feb. Plenty still left y'all!

Accepted!!! interviewed the first week of December, LM 75, OOS

Reactions: 5 users
Waitlisted just now after interview in December (sad bois), LM 78, OOS

+1 similar stats, oos. Stay warm friendo

+2 Post-II WL, felt great about this school so I'm pretty bummed. Congrats to those accepted tho!

ACCEPTED JUST NOW! I never in a million years imagined interviewed 12/19

Last edited:
Reactions: 8 users