2018-2019 Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Accepted!!

Interviewed 12/19, OOS, LM ~73, very non-traditional reinventer.

Absolutely over the moon, loved everything about Case. Best of luck to you all as well!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 7 users
Does the University Program decision affect MD/Ph.D. interview?

Members don't see this ad :)
II today! LM 76 and complete in early August. Was put on hold for an II in early December.

congrats to all those accepted! i am at case and love it!!!

Reactions: 4 users
does every accepted student get invited to apply for the deans scholarship?

Reactions: 1 user
Was your network ID And student ID just missing? If so same

Yeah mine were missing. I called the help line and she said other people had trouble too; they’re calling the med school registrar to get them to make the accounts.

Reactions: 1 users
So should we just wait to hear back about the student and network IDs? Or should I also call to individually set up my account?

edit: @missfrizzle

Members don't see this ad :)
Any chance that there are still one or two current CWRU students hanging around here who I may be able to bother with a question or two via PM? I promise to try to avoid taking up too much of your time! :p

When do you think there will be movement off of the alternate list?

App withdrawn post-II. Best of luck to all still in it!

does anyone have thoughts about sending a letter of interest after interviewing but before getting a decision? Or should a LOI be reserved for if I get waitlisted? I know that for some schools, a LOI is a "soft requirement" for an acceptance - is Case like this?

does anyone have thoughts about sending a letter of interest after interviewing but before getting a decision? Or should a LOI be reserved for if I get waitlisted? I know that for some schools, a LOI is a "soft requirement" for an acceptance - is Case like this?

Nope, I got accepted without sending anything. If you really wanna go here after getting waitlisted then it could help. I don't think their yield is super high and they usually pull from the wait list so that might give them more incentive to pull you off over someone else. I'm just speculating though, i dont rreally know.

Nope, I got accepted without sending anything. If you really wanna go here after getting waitlisted then it could help. I don't think their yield is super high and they usually pull from the wait list so that might give them more incentive to pull you off over someone else. I'm just speculating though, i dont rreally know.
Awesome thanks for letting me know! I guess I'll just be patient and play the waiting game, and I'll send a letter if I get waitlisted!

Awesome thanks for letting me know! I guess I'll just be patient and play the waiting game, and I'll send a letter if I get waitlisted!
On my interview day they asked us not to send pre decision LOI. But that they will absolutely help if waitlisted

The waitlist e-mail made it seem like they don't have much movement, citing numbers range from 13-40 spots, which doesn't seem like too much?
On another note, can anyone speculate as to what a quick waitlist decision means (early december Interview, mid December decision?)

Just got the scholarship application email. Has a few short answer questions (100-150 words each) and also has a section asking about other acceptances we are currently considering. It's due March 11th. Won't hear back from a bunch of schools till next month so will probably hold off on doing it until then.

Reactions: 1 users
interviewing next week and wondering if it's worth it or if I'm interviewing for the wait list

Just got the scholarship application email. Has a few short answer questions (100-150 words each) and also has a section asking about other acceptances we are currently considering. It's due March 11th. Won't hear back from a bunch of schools till next month so will probably hold off on doing it until then.
What is special about next month?

Did anyone receive an email stating they would like to hold their application for future review?

+1

Does anyone know how many of these scholarships they award?

Pre-II R just now. Thanks for the birthday present Case Western.

For those who have interviewed and heard back: I know they tell us that we will receive a decision within a month. Did you hear right around a month after your interview day, or did you hear back earlier? It's been a few weeks for me now and I'm getting sort of anxious hahah

For those who have interviewed and heard back: I know they tell us that we will receive a decision within a month. Did you hear right around a month after your interview day, or did you hear back earlier? It's been a few weeks for me now and I'm getting sort of anxious hahah

Depends on your interview day. For me it was almost exactly a month but i had the first interview day after the last decisions were made.

I interviewed on Nov 9 and heard back Nov 30. But like freedoctor17 said, it varies. I think I was in the middle-end of a batch.

Omg yayyyyy Just got Accepted. Really quick turn around. I loved loved Case! My interview was one of my favorites too. I also had a student interviewer lol if that matters.

Just got accepted as well! Interviewed beginning of January so I was surprised at the quick turnaround. First acceptance though, so I'm going to celebrate :)

Reactions: 7 users
Accepted :D ! Props to Case Western for the quick turnaround time on decisions - that was v classy and much appreciated during this stressful time :p

has anyone been able to delete uploaded documents from the portal? I accidentally uploaded the unfinished copy of my update letter and want to delete and re-upload

Accepted today after interviewing mid-January! OOS, LM 77 (but with a low GPA/ high MCAT). Really happy about this one- felt like the school was a great fit for me on interview day. I also uploaded an update letter/ letter of interest and all my thank-you notes to the portal in between my interview and when they told us the committee would be meeting- not sure if this made any difference in the decision but maybe something to consider for future interviewees!

Does anyone know when second look is? I'm having trouble finding this information online.

Reactions: 3 users
Accepted today after interviewing mid-January! OOS, LM 77 (but with a low GPA/ high MCAT). Really happy about this one- felt like the school was a great fit for me on interview day. I also uploaded an update letter/ letter of interest and all my thank-you notes to the portal in between my interview and when they told us the committee would be meeting- not sure if this made any difference in the decision but maybe something to consider for future interviewees!

Does anyone know when second look is? I'm having trouble finding this information online.

Congrats! Second look weekend is April 5th and 6th. This information and more is in the Accepted Central site you should be able to access through the portal.

Alternate list today, interviewed 1/14. Super fast turnaround. I know they don't reject many after interviewing, but do we have any idea how many people are on the waitlist? They interview 900-1000, but had over 7,000 applicants this year...

Accepted yesterday! Loved Case, and everyone living in Cleveland seems to really like it. Congrats all!

Reactions: 2 users