2018-2019 Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Withdrew II here today! Good luck everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

I got an II here yesterday! OOS. I’m thrilled!

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Can someone comment on the nature of the interview here? Chill / Normal / particularly stressful? Thanks in advance.

Can someone comment on the nature of the interview here? Chill / Normal / particularly stressful? Thanks in advance.
My faculty interview had a professional vibe but was definitely low-stress/conversational. Interview day overall was very chill and everyone I met was super relaxed, at least from my perspective.

Reactions: 1 user
Ahhh congrats to you all, hoping for some good luck was complete very early Aug so hoping I’m next in line!!

Reactions: 1 users
I have an upcoming II (University Program) and I am finding some conflicting information on the internet as to how open file the faculty interview is -- do they have access to everything or everything minus MCAT score? Thanks!

I have an upcoming II (University Program) and I am finding some conflicting information on the internet as to how open file the faculty interview is -- do they have access to everything or everything minus MCAT score? Thanks!

Everything minus MCAT!

Members don't see this ad :)
II today! Complete 7/29
Dumb question but...when you people get IIs 3 months after completion, does that mean that it actually takes them 3 months to review the app or do they go back to the same pile again? I guess the top ranked apps get IIs each round and people move up as others get theirs? I’m just asking because I was complete late and am wondering if I will have to wait 3 months to hear anything.

Dumb question but...when you people get IIs 3 months after completion, does that mean that it actually takes them 3 months to review the app or do they go back to the same pile again? I guess the top ranked apps get IIs each round and people move up as others get theirs? I’m just asking because I was complete late and am wondering if I will have to wait 3 months to hear anything.
Not sure, but I was complete late July and got II a few days ago. So 3 month turn-around sounds about right, but the time might get longer as more apps come in

Not sure, but I was complete late July and got II a few days ago. So 3 month turn-around sounds about right, but the time might get longer as more apps come in
Right. The thought of "are they even going to get to the bottom of the pile" is starting to creep in.

Right. The thought of "are they even going to get to the bottom of the pile" is starting to creep in.

For what it's worth, I think they did get more applications than usual this year. I saw on their Twitter account that they hit 7,000 applications for the first time since the 1990s -- and this was nearly a month ago. If you look at past threads, people who applied early sometimes have not received an II (or hold notification) until late in the cycle. Not exactly sure why this happens, maybe just based on who is assigned to screen your application and how quickly they get around to it?

Point being, just keep your head up!!! I know you applied late but, you've come this far...you got this.

For what it's worth, I think they did get more applications than usual this year. I saw on their Twitter account that they hit 7,000 applications for the first time since the 1990s -- and this was nearly a month ago. If you look at past threads, people who applied early sometimes have not received an II (or hold notification) until late in the cycle. Not exactly sure why this happens, maybe just based on who is assigned to screen your application and how quickly they get around to it?

Point being, just keep your head up!!! I know you applied late but, you've come this far...you got this.
Thanks for your reply. It always warms my heart to see someone go out of their way to make a stranger feel better. You’ll be a good doctor.

I know at the interview the adcom said "5 different people have read your entire application by now" so I believe that may be one reason contributing to it taking a while to hear back for many applicants. If even one or two of those people gets held up, your whole application might still be on person #3 or person #4... I'm not really sure how it works just guessing:laugh:

Have anymore interviews gone out?
Sigh. Yeah, I really appreciate that Case Western has been quite good at informing applicants that they are no longer being considered (rejected) in a relatively timely manner.... but it just makes the waiting for an II or news in general a bit harder. I hope we both hear some news soon. Have you been complete for a while now?

Sigh. Yeah, I really appreciate that Case Western has been quite good at informing applicants that they are no longer being considered (rejected) in a relatively timely manner.... but it just makes the waiting for an II or news in general a bit harder. I hope we both hear some news soon. Have you been complete for a while now?
Thanks for responding. I was complete in mid September. I understand that Case has a lot more applicants this year so it takes a lot longer. Its just that the waiting process is really brutal.

I just received one. LizzyM is ~76 and I was complete on 7/28. I also applied to Lerner, so I think I'm going to wait a couple of days to see if I hear anything from that program.
Oh wow! Congrats!! I was complete 7/29 so that's encouraging. I was rejected about a month ago from Lerner so it's definitely good news that you're still in the running!

im so shook, II about an hour ago, complete 7/25

also applied to Lerner havent heard back

Reactions: 4 users
im so shook, II about an hour ago, complete 7/25

also applied to Lerner havent heard back
Do you think you’ll wait to schedule your university program interview for a few days? It makes me anxious to wait. I usually schedule my interviews as soon as I get the invite, but I also don’t want to make two trips to Cleveland if I end up being lucky enough to interview for Lerner.

Do you think you’ll wait to schedule your university program interview for a few days? It makes me anxious to wait. I usually schedule my interviews as soon as I get the invite, but I also don’t want to make two trips to Cleveland if I end up being lucky enough to interview for Lerner.
Lerner and Case are my top choices, i went ahead and scheduled because if i have to go twice i absolutely will. but there were plenty of dates available if youd like to wait

II today! Complete early Aug! Applied to the college program as well but no news there

Reactions: 3 users
Does anyone know when the next round of decisions will go out? Interviewed here in early/mid October.

I asked the same thing on here I think last week but didn't get a reply. I take it nobody really knows.

Kinda sucks because I have a friend who is an M2 at a different university and he said when he interviewed at Case, they gave all the interviewees on his day an exact date on when decisions would be posted. I feel like if somebody called the office they would tell us, I just don't want to annoy them -- especially because they have so many applicants to review/interviews going on.

Last edited:
I asked the same thing on here I think last week but didn't get a reply. I take it nobody really knows.

Kinda sucks because I have a friend who is an M2 at a different university and he said when he interviewed at Case, they gave all the interviewees on his day an exact date on when decisions would be posted. I feel like if somebody called the office they would tell us, I just don't want to annoy them -- especially because they have so many applicants to review/interviews going on.

Our group was told that the committee meets on Mondays (if I remember correctly it was every other Monday? Does anyone else know?) and that it would take about a week to hear after we were brought up on a Monday. It might be worth it to call the Office and to confirm, but they told our group to expect news within about a month.

Our group was told that the committee meets on Mondays (if I remember correctly it was every other Monday? Does anyone else know?) and that it would take about a week to hear after we were brought up on a Monday. It might be worth it to call the Office and to confirm, but they told our group to expect news within about a month.

Oh I see. Yeah, I don't remember them saying anything on my interview day. I could've definitely missed it though if they did say something.

I did get the "thanks for visiting" email after the interview and it said we would hear within 1 month but that just seems like sooooo long. Maybe I just need to work on my patience lol.

II this morning! Super excited. LM 73.2, app complete first week of August.

Reactions: 6 users
How much cross over is there with Cleveland Clinic? I know there is opportunity to do rotations there but can Case students also do research there as well?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For those with interview invites, congratulations! May I ask what are the currently available dates? Thanks!

For those with interview invites, congratulations! May I ask what are the currently available dates? Thanks!

There's tons of available dates. Pretty much every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday starting mid November.

II. OOS complete 7/29. November is full but tons of dates in december.

Reactions: 4 users
How much cross over is there with Cleveland Clinic? I know there is opportunity to do rotations there but can Case students also do research there as well?

Yes, Case students can do research at CCF

Ohmygod Case you said you'd give us our decisions on October 15th, Jesus H Christ

Ohmygod Case you said you'd give us our decisions on October 15th, Jesus H Christ

Lol that sucks.

Ok so update:
I looked at the 2016-2017 and the 2017-2018 Case Western threads.

2017-2018 Admission Decision Dates:
Sun 10/15, Wed 11/8, Wed 12/6, Fri 12/15, Tue 1/9, Wed 1/24, Wed 2/28

2016-2017 Admission Decision Dates:
Mon 10/17, Sat 11/5, Wed 12/14, Wed 1/25, Wed 2/22

So, if I were a betting man, I would say admission decisions will probably come out next Wednesday (11/7) for those who have already interviewed. Or at least by the end of next week.

Edit: Grammar is hard.

Last edited:
Lol that sucks.

Ok so update:
I looked at the 2016-2017 thread and the 2017-2018 Case Western threads.

2017-2018 Admission Decision Dates:
Sun 10/15, Wed 11/8, Wed 12/6, Fri 12/15, Tue 1/9, Wed 1/24, Wed 2/28

2016-2017 Admission Decision Dates:
Mon 10/17, Sat 11/5, Wed 12/14, Wed 1/25, Wed 2/22

So, if I were a betting man, I would say admission decisions will probably come out next Wednesday (11/7) for those who have already interviewed. Or at least by the end of next week.

Wow, thank you so much for looking into that! Someone else from my interview day called Case and was told that our expected decision take got pushed back to "the end of the month" (somewhere earlier in this thread). But, I definitely trust this historical data way more.

Wow, thank you so much for looking into that! Someone else from my interview day called Case and was told that our expected decision take got pushed back to "the end of the month" (somewhere earlier in this thread). But, I definitely trust this historical data way more.

No problem at all!!! And oooh that’s actually good to know. Who knows maybe they will come out tomorrow then? It would make for a happy (or extremely sad) Halloween lol

Just got a Lerner interview invite. However, I've already scheduled my Case interview. Has anyone successfully rescheduled theirs so that they don't have to make two trips?

EDIT: Called the University Program and she was super helpful and was able to schedule me for a new date that is now the day after my CCLCM interview.

Last edited:
Just got a Lerner interview invite. However, I've already scheduled my Case interview. Has anyone successfully rescheduled theirs so that they don't have to make two trips?

EDIT: Called the University Program and she was super helpful and was able to schedule me for a new date that is now the day after my CCLCM interview.
hello, same situation.. could you please tell me who you called so i can try as well. thank you

hello, same situation.. could you please tell me who you called so i can try as well. thank you

I called Ms. Renee Pickel at 216-368-5496. I got it from the portal where I scheduled my UP interview. I had to leave a message as she did not answer, but she did call me back promptly.

Next week it is lol

Every site (Metro, UH, VA, and CCF) has their own independent processes for onboarding for research. As a Case student, you are often welcomed by faculty at any of them. Many students do research at either UH or CCF. I don't know for sure how many are at Metro or VA, but there are people there too for research.