2018-2019 Chicago Medical School at Rosalind Franklin

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anybody that interviewed in middle of September or later heard back yet?

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know when the interview day is over? I’m trying to figure out my flights and I can’t find a schedule for the interview day.
It started at 830 and finished up around 130/2

Members don't see this ad :)
Welcome to the club interviewed 9/7 and haven’t heard either

Reactions: 1 users
II just now. Days open next week or in December.

Reactions: 3 users
Interviewing here next week. Anyone have any specific tips/advice for the day? Or is it pretty standard regular MMI? Thanks!

5 weeks since interviewing, hoping one more week until i hear something

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone know if they offer to keep an eye on our luggage while we interview? I want to know whether I should leave it at the hotel and retrieve it after the interview or just bring it with me to the interview.

M2 here. I've seen that a couple people have asked about a student hosts - unfortunately we don't have a hosting program, but I think it's a great idea. When I stayed with student hosts at other schools where I interviewed I felt like I got a much better feel for the school, had an easier time coordinating transportation to my interview, saved some money, etc.

If anybody is interested in staying with 2 current students and saving some money, my girlfriend (also an M2) and I have an extra bedroom in our apartment. We live about 5 min away from campus, and could drive you to your interview if you don't have a car / might be able to pick you up from the airport depending on what time you get in. We also have a parking spot if you do have a car.

Message me if you're interested!

Reactions: 5 users
M2 here. I've seen that a couple people have asked about a student hosts - unfortunately we don't have a hosting program, but I think it's a great idea. When I stayed with student hosts at other schools where I interviewed I felt like I got a much better feel for the school, had an easier time coordinating transportation to my interview, saved some money, etc.

If anybody is interested in staying with 2 current students and saving some money, my girlfriend (also an M2) and I have an extra bedroom in our apartment. We live about 5 min away from campus, and could drive you to your interview if you don't have a car / might be able to pick you up from the airport depending on what time you get in. We also have a parking spot if you do have a car.

Message me if you're interested!
I wish I this post was here when I interviewed two months ago :(

Anyone know if they offer to keep an eye on our luggage while we interview? I want to know whether I should leave it at the hotel and retrieve it after the interview or just bring it with me to the interview.

I traveled locally so did not have luggage but I saw several people store their luggage and/or bags with administration/staff.

complete early august and still have not heard either!

Reactions: 2 users
Hey im sorry if this was already discussed; has anyone gotten a pre-interview rejection here?

Reactions: 1 user
I just got a II! :) My first of the season. I am IS, LM 68.

Reactions: 10 users
what was your stat if you dont mind sharing and when were you complete
I submitted my secondary early September and received my “Application Complete” email on 10/9. I’m a non-trad engineer with low GPA (3.3) and higher MCAT (517).

PSA the school is in an uber and lyft blackout spot. You can get dropped off but can't get picked up. My group had to rely on people that drove to take us outside of the blackout

forgot to post but got an II yesterday!! complete 8/6. Is it just a standard MMI?

Reactions: 5 users
II on 11/7, complete on 9/16.

Reactions: 2 users
Was looking at the CMS website and saw that Behavioral/Social sciences are required for 2019. I didn't take any psych or sociology but got an interview. Does anyone know about the courses that satisfy the requirement? Trying to decide if it's worth it to interview since I won't be taking any new courses before starting school.

EDIT: Just called admissions, basically any history, philosophy, education, and anthropology courses count

Last edited:
Sorry for spamming this thread, cancelling my interview because I know I wouldn't pick CMS over my current acceptance. Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 10 users
Tomorrow will be 6 weeks since i interviewed. Also seems they've only sent out decisions for interviews that happened early september (according to this thread). Anyone think that they'll send another batch of decisions before thanksgiving?

Interviewed here first day and still nothing yet but i know that they accepted people from that day

Current M2 here... feel free to tag or PM me with any questions.

Interviewing here next week. Anyone have any specific tips/advice for the day? Or is it pretty standard regular MMI? Thanks!
It's a standard MMI. 3 part interview day: MMI, tour, and Q&A with current students. For the tour and Q&A, the students leading it will not report anything you say back to admissions,and it wouldn't affect your decision if they did (barring somebody being a complete jack***), so feel free to ask whatever questions you have and really get a feel for the place.

PSA the school is in an uber and lyft blackout spot. You can get dropped off but can't get picked up. My group had to rely on people that drove to take us outside of the blackout
This is true. However, there are cabs that pick up at the school, and there is a shuttle from the school to the Lake Bluff Metra station, where you can either get on the train down to the city or get an uber pick up. I rented a car for my interview, found some folks on SDN to split the cost with, and it ended up being the cheapest and most convenient option - so I recommend that too if you're over 24 (or whatever the age is for renting cars these days).

There are closets in the Admissions office specifically for this. So you can stash your stuff there and the secretary will keep an eye on it.

Accepted!!! That was such a quick turn around....

Reactions: 3 users
It's alright pal. I interviewed here day one and haven't heard anything either. LM 76~77.
Have you by any chance emailed to see if there's a more definitive timeline for various interview group dates?

Can anyone tell me how long they had between the complete email to a II or any other news? Asking for a friend.