2018-2019 Chicago Medical School at Rosalind Franklin

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yes I agree with that. Didn’t really even think about it in those terms.
I sent an email withdrawing my application.
Good luck to everyone and God Bless!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 13 users
You can see this as a positive or a negative - our school does not waitlist applicants. You are continuously reviewed from the time you interview until the class is full. That is just the way our adcom decides to do it. Why they don't make this more clear to applicants, I don't know, but there are definitely pros and cons of this system for applicants.

Wait there's no waitlist? But what happens if people withdraw acceptances after May 1. OMG that means some of us will not get a decision till after that.

Yes, as with any school, you can be accepted up until the day classes start. It seems like you are having a difficult time understanding so think of it this way: if you have not heard back and it has been more than eight weeks, assume that you have been "waitlisted" and will likely hear back after May 1.

No I understand that, was just surprised the school doesn't have an official I guess waitlist.

Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted!!! My first. Interviewed on Jan 4. I found out today and immediately started crying because I’m so dang happy to be able to pursue this field. Feeling incredibly joyful and grateful. :luck: Best of luck to everyone still waiting for their first!

would you mind PMing me your stats?

would you mind PMing me your stats?
I tried to, but either your settings won’t allow it, or I’m missing something.

I don’t mind sharing here. 517 MCAT and lower GPA (3.25). I’m a non-traditional applicant and have been working in the engineering field for a few years.

Reactions: 1 user
I thought they do waitlist people? At least that was the case on their forum from 2018.

Anyone else only hearing silence? Been complete since early-mid August but haven't heard a peep since. Yall think thats a good thing? Bad thing? I know getting an interview at this point is a long shot but I'm still hoping for something

Reactions: 4 users
Not really sure. I have been complete since mid August too. I know they interview until April I believe. We have definitely survived a couple of rejection waves, but who knows

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone else only hearing silence? Been complete since early-mid August but haven't heard a peep since. Yall think thats a good thing? Bad thing? I know getting an interview at this point is a long shot but I'm still hoping for something

Not really sure. I have been complete since mid August too. I know they interview until April I believe. We have definitely survived a couple of rejection waves, but who knows

+1 here guys. Not hoping for much now at this point though

Hi everyone! Just accepted today out of the Master's program at Rosalind. A lot of us received decisions today so the list will probably move some.

Reactions: 5 users
Hi everyone! Just accepted today out of the Master's program at Rosalind. A lot of us received decisions today so the list will probably move some.
Congrats!! not gonna lie I had to do a double take when i read your name lol

Congratulations! Looking forward to being your classmate for 4 more years! I was also conditionally accepted out of the BMS program today. So pleased. I’ve loved this school from day one.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Who is thinking today will be the day? Early Oct II here. I'm hopeful, but honestly am assuming whoever interviewed months ago like me probably has to wait until April now

Do they have an official waitlist? Do we think if it’s been 4+ months since an interview we are on a waitlist or they generally don’t have enough man power to go through these many applications and it’s just taking a while?

Do they have an official waitlist? Do we think if it’s been 4+ months since an interview we are on a waitlist or they generally don’t have enough man power to go through these many applications and it’s just taking a while?

Im assuming those in this situation (including me) were placed on an unofficial waitlist. We may have been reviewed just once, or multiple times. Who knows.

also wondering about this. been waiting 3 months and not a word. Last year's thread showed them waiting forever and then watilisting officially in march/april so we might already be on an unofficial one? that's my guess at least

No; probably the best way to think of it; they have 'enough' manpower, but it still takes a while.
Over 14 k apps received this year for a class of ~195, so... It takes a looong time and most of the decisions will not be accepts.

are they done interviewing?
No.

just called the admission office.. they were able to provide no information about when people should hear back

there are 86 members in the class of 2023 FB group.. and I assume some of these are current students or faculty. how the heck are they going to fill the class before the 15...? it seems like barely anybody has heard back post-II

I know that it is hugely frustrating to wait, but I wouldn't rely too heavily on the FB group for clues one way or the other. Just to give you some perspective, the below quotes are from May of the thread for last year's cycle. I'm sure I would find the same if I looked through the thread for my year.

Filling the class by the 15th is probably not their goal. Currently, the final interview day is scheduled for April 3rd. There will also be a lot of waitlist movement (everywhere) beginning in May.

The good news is, you haven't received an R, so your chances are still very much alive!

Here’s a fun observation I made:

I know facebook groups don’t remotely tell the entire story but for a class of 189, there’s only 75 people in the fb group currently. This is including some current students and adcom admins. Just seemed a bit odd to me compared to most other school’s fb groups. Wonder why this is. Anyway.. Happy Thursday!

The CMS class of 2022 facebook group only has 76 people in it (some of which are current students/admin). I can't imagine the class being near capacity at this point.

there are 86 members in the class of 2023 FB group.. and I assume some of these are current students or faculty. how the heck are they going to fill the class before the 15...? it seems like barely anybody has heard back post-II
Two things that tell you basically nothing about the inner working of the admissions office and your personal chances are the number of FB group members and the number of SDN posts.

While invites to the FB group have been sent to all those who put down a deposit, most people will not join until late spring/summer, when they're certain other offers won't pan out.

SDN posts are also only indicative of SDN members who have heard back AND choose to share that info. There are maybe 300 folks posting in this thread (haven't counted, just a guess) and possibly another couple hundred lurkers. Out of the >14k applicants this year...
So while its not necessarily representative of the whole applicant pool - because it's a random sampling, it may be more realistic than you think.

14 k apps, 195 M1s --> 1.4% will matriculate.
Say double that for admissions offers...
14 k apps, 400 acceptances --> 2.8%

If you're post interview, about 1000 II go out each year. So...
1000 interviews, 195 matriculants --> 19.5%
1000 interviews, 400 acceptances -->40%

If we guess 500 applicants on this thread who would share if they got in, then at a rate of 0.028%, that would be 14 people.
More than that have already responded here saying they were accepted, so I'd guess they're not going to have any problems filling up the class at this point (not that they ever do)

So, the point being, just because you haven't heard back or "a lot" of people haven't posted about acceptances here, doesn't mean that things aren't on schedule in the admissions office. It just means, most likely, that most of you are in the 98.6% of the applicant pool, or 60% of interviewees, that will not get accepted.

The cycle's not over here and more people will be accepted, but if you don't have an acceptance in hand somewhere by now, then you should already be making alternate plans and taking a hard look at your app if you want to reapply.

Hi All,

We are done interviewing candidates at this point; however, we are not finished sending acceptances. If you have not received an interview, you should be receiving a rejection shortly. If you have already interviewed and have not heard back, it is still very possible to receive an acceptance. Unfortunately, our admission cycle was delayed this year due to several snow days that caused adcom meetings to get cancelled. We will not have a full class by March 15, but will before the May 1 deadline. I am sorry for you all having to wait, I am not on the admissions team, only a student ambassador, but I feel your anxiety.

Also, to correct the previous poster, we interviewed approximately 700 candidates and have 188 seats this Fall.

Best of luck!
Hey, thanks for the info. Do you work for admissions or something?

Hi All,

We are done interviewing candidates at this point; however, we are not finished sending acceptances. If you have not received an interview, you should be receiving a rejection shortly. If you have already interviewed and have not heard back, it is still very possible to receive an acceptance. Unfortunately, our admission cycle was delayed this year due to several snow days that caused adcom meetings to get cancelled. We will not have a full class by March 15, but will before the May 1 deadline. I am sorry for you all having to wait, I am not on the admissions team, only a student ambassador, but I feel your anxiety.

Also, to correct the previous poster, we interviewed approximately 700 candidates and have 188 seats this Fall.

Best of luck!

Thanks so much for this update. I interviewed early October, did not hear from admissions for 3 months so I sent a quick email to admissions. I received a response within an hour or so thanking me for reaching out, and that my app was still under review. And that once a decision is made I would hear via email.

Now it has been 7 more weeks since that email. Do you think it is best to contact admissions again (via phone or email)? Wait til after March 15th? Wait until April? Not contact them at all?

Last edited:
Thanks so much for this update. I interviewed early October, did not hear from admissions for 3 months so I sent a quick email to admissions. I received a response within an hour or so thanking me for reaching out, and that my app was still under review. And that once a decision is made I would hear via email.

Now it has been 7 more weeks since that email. Do you think it is best to contact admissions again (via phone or email)? Wait til after March 15th? Wait until April? Not contact them at all?
Patience is key here. They’re still reviewing you and comparing apps nonstop so you’re still in consideration

Is 2nd Look day this upcoming Saturday (the 16th?) That's the date posted in the 2nd Look Day thread in the main pre-med forum.

Is 2nd Look day this upcoming Saturday (the 16th?) That's the date posted in the 2nd Look Day thread in the main pre-med forum.

Yea it is! I would love to go, but $$$ is a little tight

Just got hit officially with the Pre-II R (they sent it to me twice lmao). Complete mid Oct OOS Canadian. Good luck to everyone waiting to hear back.

Pre II R, complete mid july. LM 70, OOS.
Cheers!

Pre II R here too, OOS LM70, complete in August!

Pre II R as well, 70, complete August OOS

Just got hit officially with the Pre-II R (they sent it to me twice lmao). Complete mid Oct OOS Canadian. Good luck to everyone waiting to hear back.

I got it twice too!

“Based on review of your recent application” ... July isn’t that recent but okay

Best of luck all!

Reactions: 7 users
This thread is awesome, lots of good information! Quick questions tho, what is Pre-II R ?

Wait there's no waitlist? But what happens if people withdraw acceptances after May 1. OMG that means some of us will not get a decision till after that.

The poster you're quoting is wrong. This school does have a waitlist. Source: I'm a current student and I got in off the waiting list.

I got it twice too!

“Based on review of your recent application” ... July isn’t that recent but okay

Best of luck all!

Same. Really wanted to interview here. They also rejected me twice :lame:

C'mon Ides of March. No better day than today to send out a batch of acceptances!

Was wondering if any students accepted are going to the 2nd look tomorrow? And if so, am asking in advance for a summary of the day and any notes that might be of concern to someone who hasnt received a post II decision yet

Was wondering if any students accepted are going to the 2nd look tomorrow? And if so, am asking in advance for a summary of the day and any notes that might be of concern to someone who hasnt received a post II decision yet
+1

Would also love to hear any relevant info from anyone able to attend!

+1

Would also love to hear any relevant info from anyone able to attend!
I will PM you.