2018-2019 Chicago Medical School at Rosalind Franklin

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone from 1/23 heard ANYTHING?

Nothing so far. This is just speculation on my part but after April 30 they'll be able to see if we have other acceptances so they might wait till after that to protect their yield. Once again just speculation, they might just get back to us in the next few weeks.

Nothing so far. This is just speculation on my part but after April 30 they'll be able to see if we have other acceptances so they might wait till after that to protect their yield. Once again just speculation, they might just get back to us in the next few weeks.
interviewed 1/4 and I'm in the same boat. although someone from my date heard back already last month. 99% sure they are gonna send out a lot of WL and just decide in May when people start withdrawing apps. So I'm expecting the same thing too. No clue why schools are so caught up in how many A's they give out to look better, but hey, it is what it is! Just gotta wait another month and a half

Reactions: 1 user
does anyone know when the committee meets next? or when they plan to send some more post interview decisions? Every communication with the office they have just said to keep waiting...

Alright, now everyone that is still waiting to hear back cross your fingers and toes that today might be the day

Hey all - just wanted to let you know that I released my seat in the hopes that it goes to one of you lovely applicants. Best of luck!

Reactions: 2 users
Hey all - just wanted to let you know that I released my seat in the hopes that it goes to one of you lovely applicants. Best of luck!
Where ya headed to instead? And when did you II and hear from Rosy?

Where ya headed to instead? And when did you II and hear from Rosy?
I'll most likely be attending Tulane. Nothing against Rosy, just wanted to be a bit farther away from home (I'm from 20 minutes south of North Chicago). I interviewed on the first interview day and heard back on October 22nd.

Reactions: 1 users
I'll most likely be attending Tulane. Nothing against Rosy, just wanted to be a bit farther away from home (I'm from 20 minutes south of North Chicago). I interviewed on the first interview day and heard back on October 22nd.
Awesome, congrats!

Any current RFUMS students on here that I could pm with a few questions? That would be awesome, let me know

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone have an update on when the next admissions meeting is?

A lot of people called last year to ask and then got decision the day after. Don't know if that's worth though
i don't want to be that annoying applicant that's constantly asking about decisions....but i wanna know already!! lol maybe it comes off wrong if you keep asking about your app

All speculation, even if some of us call we likely won't get a real timeline still. Im just hoping its before April 15th that we hear something of a status including a waitlist notification if not accepted/rejected at that point

i don't want to be that annoying applicant that's constantly asking about decisions....but i wanna know already!! lol maybe it comes off wrong if you keep asking about your app

I emailed a week ago, just got "still under review" reply

All speculation, even if some of us call we likely won't get a real timeline still. Im just hoping its before April 15th that we hear something of a status including a waitlist notification if not accepted/rejected at that point
probably closer to May because of the new traffic rules. It's a little trickier for schools to gauge how many of their applicants already have other acceptances, basically how many more they should accept in case they take other schools over theirs

probably closer to May because of the new traffic rules. It's a little trickier for schools to gauge how many of their applicants already have other acceptances, basically how many more they should accept in case they take other schools over theirs

On one hand though, how do you know if a student wont accept your offer unless you extend an offer?

I know people accepted to other schools that wont choose RFU, but they wont withdraw because they still want to see if they get that acceptance. Then, once they see an A (ego boost) they will withdraw

On one hand though, how do you know if a student wont accept your offer unless you extend an offer?

I know people accepted to other schools that wont choose RFU, but they wont withdraw because they still want to see if they get that acceptance. Then, once they see an A (ego boost) they will withdraw

Can you please tell them that there are people waiting to find out if they have to move across the country when they get their A and will attend RFU? The more people that RFU has offer pointless acceptances to, the longer it takes for them to fill their class.

yea that's sad. There's no way to really know anything like that for sure, just helps speculate i guess

What was the date that the last accepted batch got interviewed on though?

What was the date that the last accepted batch got interviewed on though?
Thats not how it works. They seem to review many different interview dates. Some havent heard since interviewing in September/October. Others who interviewed in Feb have already been accepted/rejected

Can you please tell them that there are people waiting to find out if they have to move across the country when they get their A and will attend RFU? The more people that RFU has offer pointless acceptances to, the longer it takes for them to fill their class.

I already have, but what can ya do if they want to see how many schools they were accepted to the whole cycle

called yesterday and the person I spoke with wasn't even able to give me the next date that admissions will be meeting.

Current RFU students what are your housing recommendations for students coming from out of state? Please pm me!

Current RFU students what are your housing recommendations for students coming from out of state? Please pm me!

Not a current student, but from the interview it seemed there were three main options, two apartment options were right on campus (in walking distance), and a third which would be cheaper than the first two was a 10 min drive away, I think they said.

M2 here. I'll just put this here, since you're not the only one who's asking...

Just you? (No SO, don't have anybody to be roommates with)
-student housing or woodlands and play the roomate lottery, $900ish/mo

Just you? But you do have friends to live with?
-woodlands or student housing (if 1 friend), $900ish/mo
-navy (if 2+ friends), $4-500ish

Have a SO?
-woodlands or navy, $1300-1600ish/mo
-apt complexes in Gurnee, $1000-1200ish
-Wisconsin if you want to avoid people and drive a lot, but also have super cheap rent. <$1000/mo., but extra gas money

Have SO & kids?
-navy is probably your best option

Prices include utilities, in the -ish.

EDIT: If you're interested in Navy, but not sure what I mean by that, here's their website: Military Homes | Great Lakes Family Housing | Welcome

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Not a current student, but from the interview it seemed there were three main options, two apartment options were right on campus (in walking distance), and a third which would be cheaper than the first two was a 10 min drive away, I think they said.
Navy housing is the 3rd one. They're both across the street and up on the other side of the VA hospital. So either walking distance or a 5 min drive, depending on which part you're in.

M2 here. I'll just put this here, since you're not the only one who's asking...

Just you? (No SO, don't have anybody to be roommates with)
-student housing or woodlands and play the roomate lottery, $900ish/mo

Just you? But you do have friends to live with?
-woodlands or student housing (if 1 friend), $900ish/mo
-navy (if 2+ friends), $4-500ish

Have a SO?
-woodlands or navy, $1300-1600ish/mo
-apt complexes in Gurnee, $1000-1200ish
-Wisconsin if you want to avoid people and drive a lot, but also have super cheap rent. <$1000/mo., but extra gas money

Have SO & kids?
-navy is probably your best option

Prices include utilities, in the -ish.
Thanks! This is very helpful!

Tomorrow is Friday. It seems fridays are a typical day decisions are released

Tomorrow is Friday. It seems fridays are a typical day decisions are released
They haven't released decisions in months fam, I get that we should be patient but like this is absurd, four months? And some people havent heard back since last year.

They haven't released decisions in months fam

Thats not true. I know someone who interviewed in February and has already been rejected.

I get that we should be patient but like this is absurd, four months? And some people havent heard back since last year.

Oh i agree with this. Its been almost 6 months since my interview date now and I haven't heard anything

Thats not true. I know someone who interviewed in February and has already been rejected.

Oh i agree with this. Its been almost 6 months since my interview date now and I haven't heard anything
Aw man that’s rough :\ did he/she just not do well on the mmi?

anyone else interview early October and get a decision? It’s been 6 months lol