2018-2019 Chicago Medical School at Rosalind Franklin

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
How did they notify you if you got put on the Alternate list? I haven't heard anything from them and I interviewed in January

Members don't see this ad :)
Went back through last years thread and saw that 19 people were accepted off the waitlist after April 30th just on SDN. Hoping that trend continues this year!

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know Rosalind's deadline for switching to "commit to enroll" through AMCAS? I can't seem to find it anywhere in any of their communication.

Does anyone know Rosalind's deadline for switching to "commit to enroll" through AMCAS? I can't seem to find it anywhere in any of their communication.

I actually received an email from their admission office regarding this today. It says that we must select Commit to Enroll by July 12th or have our acceptance rescinded.

Also, they said they would like us to select commit to Enroll today (4/30) and withdraw other admission offers but they didn't lay out any consequences until the July 12th deadline.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
I actually received an email from their admission office regarding this today. It says that we must select Commit to Enroll by July 12th or have our acceptance rescinded.

Also, they said they would like us to select commit to Enroll today (4/30) and withdraw other admission offers but they didn't lay out any consequences until the July 12th deadline.
So is CMS your top choice?

So is CMS your top choice?

It's my only acceptance so yes haha.

Good luck to everyone on the wait list!!! This school has had a lot of movement in the past and I'm sure it'll be the same this year.

Reactions: 1 users
It's my only acceptance so yes haha.

Good luck to everyone on the wait list!!! This school has had a lot of movement in the past and I'm sure it'll be the same this year.
Lol cool. Are you on waitlists for other schools?

If I don't pay the administrative fee for housing in five days, will I be able to apply again for housing? I'm still on a few waitlists and am hesitant to spend the $265 if I'm not 100% set on coming here yet

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone who got the alternate list email yesterday respond and not get a response back?

Anyone who got the alternate list email yesterday respond and not get a response back?
yea i didn't get a response back. they probs just kept it on file, I don't think they need to respond to everyone individually

Hey everyone! I'm looking for some info on the PMP program, is anyone on this thread familiar with this program or if one of your buddies did the program could you please pm me? Thanks so much! And congrats to those accepted this year!

Hey everyone! I'm looking for some info on the PMP program, is anyone on this thread familiar with this program or if one of your buddies did the program could you please pm me? Thanks so much! And congrats to those accepted this year!
I didn't go that route, but I'm a M2 at CMS and know a lot of folks who went through it. I'd be happy to answer questions about what I know or put you in touch with with somebody who did it. Feel free to PM me or ask your questions here.

If I don't pay the administrative fee for housing in five days, will I be able to apply again for housing? I'm still on a few waitlists and am hesitant to spend the $265 if I'm not 100% set on coming here yet

I did the same thing cause i didnt want to pay it. I e-mailed the student housing and they said I could contact them later in the year and they would still be able to help me. So im sure you can apply for housing again.

I was told by student housing that yes you can apply again you just might not get your first choice of apartment layouts as some are more popular than others.

OH MY GOD. ACCEPTED OFF WAITLIST AT 2:04 PM EASTERN TIME. FIRST ACCEPTANCE!!!

Interviewed on the first day, Sept. 7. Don't give up hope everyone!!!!

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
Congrats! Hopefully that means a lot more movement coming soon lol

I fully expect them to have a large amount of waitlist movement. I'm likely going to go here unless I get off the waitlist at my only other remaining decision. Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 2 users
Accepted off the alternate list today! Really excited to start!

Reactions: 6 users
OH MY GOD. ACCEPTED OFF WAITLIST AT 2:04 PM EASTERN TIME. FIRST ACCEPTANCE!!!

Interviewed on the first day, Sept. 7. Don't give up hope everyone!!!!
Accepted off the alternate list today! Really excited to start!

Congrats! Really freaking out here now because I didnt anticipate waitlist offers so soon from a school that took 7 months to alternate list someone

Congrats! Really freaking out here now because I didnt anticipate waitlist offers so soon from a school that took 7 months to alternate list someone
Don't give up hope! It's only been a couple days since the waitlist started and it seems that a lot of people that go here come off the waitlist. Silence is way better than a rejection.

Alternate list email 4/30, and just got ACCEPTED! Interviewed back in October. I'm super thrilled!!!

Reactions: 4 users
Did you guys respond to the alternate email right away? I just sent mine and wonder if that affects me negatively?

Did anyone get a confirmation after emailing them saying you want to remain on the alternate list? I just want to make sure my email didn't get lost

I did not get a confirmation email. I don't think they're going to send those. My guess is the next time you hear from this school will be either if you get off the waitlist or when the cycle closes.

same here :unsure: stings a little to still be under consideration but there should be another wave or two later this month

Anyone know what year to put down for program year when submitting the deposit? Do we put 2023?

Also joining the boat of people who got waitlisted April 30th and then accepted today via e-mail!! I did respond to their email that I wanted to stay on their alternate list. Stats and dates below for lurkers:

1st time applicant, LM ~70, OOS
  • Complete: Aug 2018
  • Interview invite: Dec 2018
  • Interview: Feb 2019
  • Waitlisted: Apr 2019
  • Accepted: May 2, 2019

Reactions: 5 users
Also joining the boat of people who got waitlisted April 30th and then accepted today via e-mail!! I did respond to their email that I wanted to stay on their alternate list. Stats and dates below for lurkers:

1st time applicant, LM ~70, OOS
  • Complete: Aug 2018
  • Interview invite: Dec 2018
  • Interview: Feb 2019
  • Waitlisted: Apr 2019
  • Accepted: May 2, 2019

Congrats!! Are there people that have not yet heard back or not placed on the waitlist?

Congrats!! Are there people that have not yet heard back or not placed on the waitlist?
Interviewed on 10/5
Alternate list email received on 4/30

Havent heard anything yet post waitlist like some of you lucky folks

Last edited:
Are we supposed to receive housing application information via e-mail?

Did anyone get a confirmation after emailing them saying you want to remain on the alternate list? I just want to make sure my email didn't get lost
I asked to confirm they have received my alternate respond email, but haven't heard back from them either.

Current/Past Students: Can someone give a run down about the types of housing available and your experiences/what you would recommend? I am between the on-campus housing and woodlands but they seem very comparable from the website info.

What I wrote about this a few pages back...

I live in student housing, and I can't really speak to the other types, but I can kinda give my idea of the pros and cons.

Pros:
-Bedooms are huge and each bedroom has its own bathroom
-Heated floors (I don't know if that's true, but my floors are suspiciously warm)
-Decent sized closets
-It takes me <8 minutes to get to the school from the 5th floor of my building
-Study rooms on the third floor of the building (I don't study there so I don't know what they're like, just that they're there)
- Approximately monthly building events with free food
-Maintenence is super responsive to issues (I got my toilet fixed <2 hours after I reported that I had broken the handle)
-Washer and dryer in the apartment starting next year
-Kitchen has dishwasher, electric stove and oven (downside for me), microwave over the stove, good cabinet space, and a toaster
-I've literally only seen one bug in the whole building this entire school year (I've heard some Woodlands buildings can have bug problems, not sure how true that is)
-There is an elevator
-Each bedroom has locks if you're paranoid (I don't even ever shut my bedroom door honestly, much less lock it, but if you want to, that option is there)
-I'm staying in student housing so you get to be closer to me (joking)

Cons
-PRICE
-Your packages will usually get delivered to the school instead of your building
-if your roommate is someone who stayed from the year before, they may have left some of the common areas messy which can give you a bad first impression when you move in (okay maybe that was just my experience)
-No pets unless you have a service animal or emotional support animal
-If your neighbors are loud, sometimes you can hear them through the walls
-You can sometimes hear military people running drills
-A con for basically every place is that they're unfurnished (an associated pro is that people moving often give away free/cheap furniture--I got a free TV stand and awesome storage thing with drawers this way)

Can someone share the accepted students facebook group? Looking to join!

This was sooo helpful, thank you so much! Can someone who lives at Woodlands given their experience/pros&cons as well? I saw that some buildings at the Woodlands may have bug issues. Which buildings are those?
The bug thing is just from people who are scared of spiders. The 1st floor apts in all the buildings are right on ground level, and not perfectly sealed, so in the fall spiders like to come in for the warm. Totally harmless, won't bite you, kind of spiders, but ya kno, freaks some folks out. No real bug issues (roaches, bedbugs, etc) that I've ever heard of in the 2 years I've been here. And no spiders on 2nd/3rd floors.

Pros:
Pool in summer
Study space & small gym in the clubhouse with free coffee/tea/soda
BBQ grills and picnic tables (I use these a lot :))
Walk in closets
Good maintenance response
Gas stove/oven, DW, microwave in kitchens
W/D in building (pay/load) or option to have in-suite with some units
Locks on BR doors in 2br apts
Pet friendly buildings
Package delivery to your door, or to the management office
equally close to campus as SH, but *technically* not on campus

Cons:
Price also
cold floors on 1st floor (back to that not totally sealed thing)
no elevators for upper floors
Manager can be a little scary sometimes (she's totally cool if you talk to her and act like a reasonable person, but sometimes people are not their best selves and she will chew them out for whatever dumb thing they've done)

Pro/con depending on you:
Also unfurnished (this was a pro for me, cuz I have a lot of stuff) (People will also give away furniture here when they leave)
Very quiet normally, and can kinda hear neighbors through the walls (not a big issue generally) just because it's so quiet. However, there are occasionally very large, multi-building parties that happen here, so loud on rare occasions (mostly just beginning/end of school year).

Does anyone have info on setting up a student account login or helixnet account?(not sure if that’s the same thing) I’ve gotten an email referencing it, but nothing about how to actually set it up.

Does anyone have info on setting up a student account login or helixnet account?(not sure if that’s the same thing) I’ve gotten an email referencing it, but nothing about how to actually set it up.
I was wondering the same thing, so I sent the IT help desk an email. Haven't heard back yet.

You will get an email with instructions for setting it up. A search back through my archives showed that I got the email in the middle of May, so don't stress about it for a week or so. They try to do it in waves iirc, so the first round should be coming soon.

I was wondering the same thing, so I sent the IT help desk an email. Haven't heard back yet.
I called IT and they said the "Preparing for your RFU student experience" email goes out really early for some reason. He said to expect the email with the actual information on how to set everything up will be sent in the next couple of weeks. He also said the to-do lists make it sounds more urgent than it is but its nothing to stress over and to just get it done whenever you get the email.