2018-2019 Chicago Medical School at Rosalind Franklin

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I was thinking of putting in my general adversity essay in the challenges in journey spot, as I wrote about a chronic illness that began this past semester. However, my grades or anything weren't affected by it, though I learned some great lessons about being a patient, learning to take care of myself, etc. Should I include it or will it look like fluff?

Definitely include it... it was a challenge regardless of if you let it affect grades etc. It shows you understand what its like to be in your future patients shoes which is very important. The only reason to not include is if it was discussed extensively elsewhere in your app

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Definitely include it... it was a challenge regardless of if you let it affect grades etc. It shows you understand what its like to be in your future patients shoes which is very important. The only reason to not include is if it was discussed extensively elsewhere in your app

Great, that’s what I was thinking! Thanks! If only we had more than 150 words for these prompts though LOL

Members don't see this ad :)
Submitted secondary 7/4
Took CASPer 6/21
Received App Complete Email today, 7/30

For the challenges question, do you think it would be ok to talk about my reapplicant status?

Members don't see this ad :)
For the challenges question, do you think it would be ok to talk about my reapplicant status?
I talked about how it was hard finding physicians to shadow. I think since it specifically asked about struggles about applying to med school, issues such as mcat/grades/reapp should be fine.

Should I call to ask completeness of my application (CASPER taken in May and submitted secondary 7/4)?

Should I call to ask completeness of my application (CASPER taken in May and submitted secondary 7/4)?

Still waiting for complete email as well. Submitted secondary on Jul 10 and Casper in May

Reactions: 1 users
Took CASPer early June, submitted 7/6. I'm just going to wait it out until mid-August at the least. They don't start interviews until September and they receive some of the highest volumes of applicants in the country.

ok... so I filled out the secondary application, went to "pay the fee" screen. It froze, I reloaded... and it took me to the original "clean" secondary. I did receive confirmation that they received the secondary, but the fee obviously wasn't paid. How do I pay the fee?

ok... so I filled out the secondary application, went to "pay the fee" screen. It froze, I reloaded... and it took me to the original "clean" secondary. I did receive confirmation that they received the secondary, but the fee obviously wasn't paid. How do I pay the fee?
Similar thing happened to me too. You should get an email with a copy of your completed application. From there you can just copy and paste everything into the “clean” secondary and submit it again.

Similar thing happened to me too. You should get an email with a copy of your completed application. From there you can just copy and paste everything into the “clean” secondary and submit it again.
so, did that work for you? did that mark you as "complete" after that?

+1 wondering the same thing.
I feel like you sort of HAVE to ... otherwise it is an elephant in the room , you know ? I would say how I’ve grown , what I’ve learnt , and how glad I am that I didn’t get in last year because now I have a more mature perspective because of such and such experiences

+1 wondering the same thing.
I just skipped it. I personally see it as bringing light to something that could have a negative impact. Plus they already know you are a reapp. How you have improved should be reflected in your activities and reflection in your primary. I took it as a challenge that could have impacted your competitiveness (like working all during college, coming into college behind others from better high schools, etc)

I feel like you sort of HAVE to ... otherwise it is an elephant in the room , you know ? I would say how I’ve grown , what I’ve learnt , and how glad I am that I didn’t get in last year because now I have a more mature perspective because of such and such experiences

I agree for the most part with this sentiment. The problem is I feel like its this dirty secret when it comes to applying, but I feel like this would be something they want you to say for that question. I could definitely shape it to be a positive.

hello! what was the email you guys received after you submitted your secondary? i have one that says "we are verifying your application for completion" but nothing specific for secondary submission.

cleardot.gif

hello! what was the email you guys received after you submitted your secondary? i have one that says "we are verifying your application for completion" but nothing specific for secondary submission.

cleardot.gif
still have not received a completion email yet since the 17th

so is it safe to say the verifying the application email was after the secondary submission? the reason why I ask is I am organizing myself after three weeks of straight secondaries and for some reason I can't remember if I submitted, and I can't find a confirmation email except this one. I am wondering if I should just submit another one but don't want to backlog processing.

so is it safe to say the verifying the application email was after the secondary submission? the reason why I ask is I am organizing myself after three weeks of straight secondaries and for some reason I can't remember if I submitted, and I can't find a confirmation email except this one. I am wondering if I should just submit another one but don't want to backlog processing.

This school takes a long time to receive a complete email. I would call the admission office before submitting another secondary

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

yes that's exactly it. I submitted 7/17th and still have not received anything other than the verifying email

Check the bank statement on the card/account you paid with.

For what it's worth, I received that email about a week after I submitted my secondary.

This might be a small victory but ladies and gentlemen we got action.

*(Just a complete email)

Reactions: 4 users
just received completed email.

I submitted nearly a century ago. Really, 20 days or so

Reactions: 4 users
make sure your CASPer is in. I submitted my secondary June 4th but my MCAT wasn't available until July 17th

Do I call the admission office to ask this?
I received an email from Caspers that my test results were sent to my designated schools

Just received completed email.

Received and submitted 7/3.

Received complete email just now (8/6). Submitted 7/26, CASPER results sent in mid-July

Is there a site to check the status of our app from the point on completion onward? Just got marked complete and I can't seem to find their portal.

Sent from my SM-G950U using SDN mobile