2018-2019 Chicago Medical School at Rosalind Franklin

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Submitted my secondary 7/4, finally got my complete email today (8/6).

Members don't see this ad.

It seems like a huge batch of applicants are getting sent a complete email today...

I had been emailing about an issue with LORs and they told me there was a system error delaying complete emails

Members don't see this ad :)
Still waiting for complete email as well. Submitted secondary on Jul 10 and Casper in May
How did you prepare for the casper ? like to know your responses would be good and type fast enough ?

How did you prepare for the casper ? like to know your responses would be good and type fast enough ?

don't even worry about timing at all. I'm the slowest ever at typing and I did just fine and had time left over. it's so easy to be politically correct when answering the questions. I have no idea how they differentiate legitimacy from bs

There's a few practice videos on the website showing possible scenarios if you want an idea of what to expect. There's really no perfect way to prepare, just know what to expect, and try to address all the questions if you can. Don't worry about spelling or grammar typos.

Submit 7/3 still not complete, called and they told me to wait because there is 9000 applications already

Submit 7/3 still not complete, called and they told me to wait because there is 9000 applications already
How do you think the admissions committee get through this many applications? Do they take the time to go through ALL of them, or do they pre-screen to reduce the number of applications they have to go though?

How do you think the admissions committee get through this many applications? Do they take the time to go through ALL of them, or do they pre-screen to reduce the number of applications they have to go though?
I feel like they go through all of them. I don’t think they screen and since this school is pretty low in terms of stats accepted, they probably don’t even do a stat screen beyond the 3/500 one of even that

Any II for this school or is everyone here just waiting for the completion email? lol

Okayyyy should I call for bring complete? I submitted last week but everything is in.

I don't think they'll do anything. there was about 3 weeks between my submission and receiving the complete email

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Ugh you guys this is like one of my top choices and I still havent gotten a secondary.. verified 7/23. Trying to be patient lol

Does anyone remember how long after submitting the secondary they got the email saying their file is complete? They should have everything but it's been a few days

Does anyone remember how long after submitting the secondary they got the email saying their file is complete? They should have everything but it's been a few days
Lol mine took over a month

I think many admissions "committees" often have over 100 people in them, including many current medical students. I think it's doable...

It's a long cycle everyone. It's not even the middle of August yet. I think the word I'm looking for is...

Relax.

Reactions: 1 users
Ugh you guys this is like one of my top choices and I still havent gotten a secondary.. verified 7/23. Trying to be patient lol
Did you check your spam? I was verified yesterday and got my secondary today... seems odd that you didn't unless there is some sort of screen

Did you check your spam? I was verified yesterday and got my secondary today... seems odd that you didn't unless there is some sort of screen

I did check my spam... should I email them on Monday?

I did check my spam... should I email them on Monday?
I would say yeah or just call... it says they send it to all verified applicants so if it has been a couple weeks there may be an error

I still haven't gotten a complete email and I submitted on 7/12, is anyone else in the same boat or should I call?

I would be careful with calling or sending an email to ask if your app has been completed. I sent them an email a week ago asking for an update (got completed email a few days ago) and they didn't seem to like that I sent them an email asking for updates. They replied that they have a lot of applicants and still trying to get through all of them.

Bottom line: just keep being patient.

I still haven't gotten a complete email and I submitted on 7/12, is anyone else in the same boat or should I call?
You can but they might be annoyed. If it's any solace, I didn't get mine until ~36 days after I submitted lol

I completed 7/3 and still didnt get complete email lol

Same. I'm not calling. I know they're super busy, and I feel like that just delays everything, when a bunch of people call/email.

I would be careful with calling or sending an email to ask if your app has been completed. I sent them an email a week ago asking for an update (got completed email a few days ago) and they didn't seem to like that I sent them an email asking for updates. They replied that they have a lot of applicants and still trying to get through all of them.

Bottom line: just keep being patient.

Should I call if I’ve yet to receive a secondary after 3 weeks of being verified?

Just got complete email. Submitted secondary 7/12.

Called and no answer so I left a message... wonder if they even check their messages

I finally received my complete email today. submitted my secondary on 7/9.

Complete e-mail today. Submitted secondary July 10. CASPer score delivered sometime around July 26th. Took them a while lol.

Guys I need an opinion. So I'm sending the necessary letter from a healthcare professional, a STRONG letter from an English prof, but I'm torn about the last one. I want to send one from an honors prof (non-sci) who I studied abroad with and know very well, but I also want to send one from my ochem prof. I know the honors one will be stronger, but will it look bad that I don't have a science letter?!

Guys I need an opinion. So I'm sending the necessary letter from a healthcare professional, a STRONG letter from an English prof, but I'm torn about the last one. I want to send one from an honors prof (non-sci) who I studied abroad with and know very well, but I also want to send one from my ochem prof. I know the honors one will be stronger, but will it look bad that I don't have a science letter?!

Since they don't have a requirement of needing a science LOR, I would recommend choosing the one that is the strongest. I think you would be fine without a science letter in my opinion. What is your major? You can also pm me and we can discuss.

Received an update email today saying that my application is still being verified and asking me to be patient. Glad they sent me something since I can't find any online updates to my app. I'm sure they are swamped with applications. I completed my secondary in early July.

Can anyone advise me on my diversity essay?

I am a straight white male of upper-middle class SES, so for these I've been relying on my experiences to make me diverse. I grew up in an impoverished neighborhood of a major city (despite being financially pretty well off). I currently work with homeless alcoholics at my job. I have a significant amount of volunteer work with refugees and immigrants.

For all of my other essays I've been writing about the above. Usually the question is asked in such a way that these experiences are relevant to the question, but for this essay it seems like kind of a stretch. Is it better to have a stretch answer than no answer? I see that these essays are optional, but I don't feel good about leaving an optional essay blank.

Here's the original question for reference:

"Please specially discuss how, if admitted to our program, your admission would contribute to the diversity of the Chicago Medical School at Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science community."

Can anyone advise me on my diversity essay?

I am a straight white male of upper-middle class SES, so for these I've been relying on my experiences to make me diverse. I grew up in an impoverished neighborhood of a major city (despite being financially pretty well off). I currently work with homeless alcoholics at my job. I have a significant amount of volunteer work with refugees and immigrants.

For all of my other essays I've been writing about the above. Usually the question is asked in such a way that these experiences are relevant to the question, but for this essay it seems like kind of a stretch. Is it better to have a stretch answer than no answer? I see that these essays are optional, but I don't feel good about leaving an optional essay blank.

Here's the original question for reference:

"Please specially discuss how, if admitted to our program, your admission would contribute to the diversity of the Chicago Medical School at Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science community."

They know that most applicants, by definition, are not URM. Focus on how your experiences might give you a unique perspective (if true). Your neighborhood and volunteering experiences have exposed you to segments of society that really need quality healthcare. You can have a genuine interest in serving those communities, even if you aren't necessarily from those communities.