2018-2019 Chicago Medical School at Rosalind Franklin

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
submitted secondary 07/12. received the complete email 08/16. hoping to hear some news soon!
Same

Members don't see this ad.

Still havent received a completion email when my secondary was submitted back on July 7th. Its one my top choices so hopefully they get back to my email soon

Reactions: 1 user
Still havent received a completion email when my secondary was submitted back on July 7th. Its one my top choices so hopefully they get back to my email soon

Check to make sure your Casper has the correct AAMC ID input. Just something I’ve seen other people mess up on

Members don't see this ad :)
Check to make sure your Casper has the correct AAMC ID input. Just something I’ve seen other people mess up on
Thank you. I just emailed them and they responded with the complete email now so I really hope that they have been reviewing my app but just forgot to send the email and not that they were waiting for me to follow up with them so they can start reviewing it :/

Complete email today
CASPer on 8/8
Secondary submitted on 7/27

Complete email just now
CASPer back in June
Secondary submitted on 8/11

Thank you. I just emailed them and they responded with the complete email now so I really hope that they have been reviewing my app but just forgot to send the email and not that they were waiting for me to follow up with them so they can start reviewing it :/

Nice catch! Don't overthink it though.

Submitted secondary 7/5/18 and still waiting

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I guess following up with them regarding the completion email worked out pretty well for me! I just received an II, Completed the first week of July and OOS

Reactions: 2 users
For people that got II's, did you just confirm whichever date you were choosing, or did you also respond to the email? This is my first II and I don't want to leave a bad impression if I need to respond as well lol

Edit: Received my invite yesterday. Dates were listed for 9/7 and 9/12, but no times showed for 9/12 so I'll be going on 9/7. Non-trad. LM 66-67 with significant clinical and research experience.

Last edited:
Do you guys know if there is a student host program for interviewees or what's the cheapest option to stay? can seem to find something cheaper than 100 and unfortunately I would be staying for two nights

For people that got II's, did you just confirm whichever date you were choosing, or did you also respond to the email? This is my first II and I don't want to leave a bad impression if I need to respond as well lol
You just have to choose the date online and they will send you a confirmation email but it is up to you if you want to respond to their interview invite email.

There is also a link in the confirmation email you have to click and then a "confirm" button on the website. Confirming was a kind of complicated multi step process lol so I would just read the instructions carefully

Do you guys know if there is a student host program for interviewees or what's the cheapest option to stay? can seem to find something cheaper than 100 and unfortunately I would be staying for two nights

Did you try priceline, or just googling "cheap hotels in north chicago" or something like that? You should be able to find an affordable hotel in the area. The interview invite should have a list of hotels in the area, and least one of them has an RFU-discout and a shuttle to the campus for the day of your interview.

Anybody know if they accept in the area updates? What are the chances that one would garner a response? Thanks!

To those interviewing this upcoming Friday the 7th. Anyone would interested in splitting the cost of hotel/ ride? I already rented a car from the airport and got the hotel but it would be more convenient to split the costs :) I will be landing Thursday night so let me know!

Does anybody know if this interview is solely a MMI or if they will also ask us personal questions about ourselves and why we want to be a doctor and what not?

Does anybody know if this interview is solely a MMI or if they will also ask us personal questions about ourselves and why we want to be a doctor and what not?
The only interview portion of the day is MMI.
As to what gets asked at any individual station, anybody who knows and tells, violates the NDA that we all sign at the beginning of the interview. So be prepared to answer about anything, because nobody can tell you.

From my experience with MMI interviewing, anything is fair game. A Google search will show you that MMIs can consist of ethical dilemmas to be reasoned through, along with traditional interview questions such as "why medicine" or "tell me about a time you *blank*. Just prepare as if it were a traditional interview with ethical or reasoning questions included.

Sent from my SM-G950U using SDN mobile

Hi, my girlfriend and I are current M2s at CMS and we have an extra bedroom in Lake Forest - 5 min away from campus. We're looking to host interviewees this year. We would charge 60/night. Let me know if you're interested and we can coordinate!

Hi, my girlfriend and I are current M2s at CMS and we have an extra bedroom in Lake Forest - 5 min away from campus. We're looking to host interviewees this year. We would charge 60/night. Let me know if you're interested and we can coordinate!
Hey, thank you for the offer but unfortunately I can't cancel the hotel room anymore.

I guess following up with them regarding the completion email worked out pretty well for me! I just received an II, Completed the first week of July and OOS

How did you follow up with them? When I followed up with them they told me to wait. I submit July 7th and still haven’t heard anything.

How did you follow up with them? When I followed up with them they told me to wait. I submit July 7th and still haven’t heard anything.
I just send them an email saying that I have not received the completion email yet when I submitted my secondary way back in July and then they sent me the completion email after few hours

Quick question about the LoR requirement here. It says they prefer one from a MD/DO healthcare professional, but for the other two, can it be from anyone? Or do we need to have one from science and one from non-science, for example? Can it be from a volunteering supervisor?
Yes. Sure that's fine. Yes.

Also, you could just do the one committee letter and not stress about any of these questions...

My school doesn’t do a committee letter /: thank you though!
To expound a little more on that, since you have to pick 3...
When they say "encouraged but not required" for the MD/DO letter, they mean just that. So if you have a good one from a doc you've gotten to know, then use it. If you don't, then don't.
The other two letters should be able to speak to your different qualities. So an academic one is good, as is one from volunteering or work. If you don't have a MD/DO letter, then aim for school, volunteering, and work.

As a note for future folks reading this (or you if you haven't gotten the letters yet) ...
The AAMC has a handout for letter writers. I strongly recommend printing this out and giving it to your letter writers (in the packet of other things like CV or personal statement that you might give them) with the various "competencies" you would like them to speak to circled on the handout. For example, for my work letter I gave my boss the handout with things like critical thinking, teamwork, reliability & dependability circled. For science professors there were other things circled. This helps them formulate what to say and helps you get these different things addressed in your letters.

Weird question, I applied this this school back in July and submitted my secondary on 7/30. After submitting I retook the MCAT and got my scores back. I emailed all the schools I applied to ask if there was anything I needed to do to update them with my new MCAT. Most school said they update it automatically, as it has been updated on my primary AMCAS application. However, this school said that they cannot accept any updates to my application, so does that mean they won’t look at / see my new MCAT score and only base my application on my old scores?

TLDR: I got my new MCAT after submitting secondary to this school and when I emailed them about the new score they said they don’t take application updates, so are they just going to use my first score?

Weird question, I applied this this school back in July and submitted my secondary on 7/30. After submitting I retook the MCAT and got my scores back. I emailed all the schools I applied to ask if there was anything I needed to do to update them with my new MCAT. Most school said they update it automatically, as it has been updated on my primary AMCAS application. However, this school said that they cannot accept any updates to my application, so does that mean they won’t look at / see my new MCAT score and only base my application on my old scores?

TLDR: I got my new MCAT after submitting secondary to this school and when I emailed them about the new score they said they don’t take application updates, so are they just going to use my first score?
They should automatically get the second score from amcas. It's not really an update at that point

Other schools have a status tracker-

Is there an application status tracker for this school? I'm still waiting on my CASPer scores to transfer over so my application is not "complete" yet to my knowledge.