2018-2019 Chicago Medical School at Rosalind Franklin

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II! IS, complete 8/6, LizzyM 72

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Man i guess all of us complete early July are basically passed over

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Other schools have a status tracker-

Is there an application status tracker for this school? I'm still waiting on my CASPer scores to transfer over so my application is not "complete" yet to my knowledge.
No, there's no status tracker. But if it's been more than a couple weeks since you sent in the last piece of the app (CASPer scores or whatever) and you haven't gotten a complete email, then feel free to email the admissions office to check on whether they've received it.

II this afternoon. So excited, as this is one of my top choices!

Members don't see this ad :)
Looks like a lot of IS were getting the IIs yesterday. I was complete 8/1 and got an II from a CA$Per school so really pulling for this one to come thru.

II yesterday!

Secondary submitted 7/28
Marked complete 8/27

Reactions: 1 user
Submit my secondary early July, still no complete email. I emailed them twice about it and they said they have a lot of applicants and to be patient. Any advice?

I got an email yesterday saying that they haven't received my MCAT or CASPer scores, but my MCAT is updated on my AMCAS app and CASPer says my scores were sent weeks ago, other schools confirmed they have both of these scores already. What should I do?

I got an email yesterday saying that they haven't received my MCAT or CASPer scores, but my MCAT is updated on my AMCAS app and CASPer says my scores were sent weeks ago, other schools confirmed they have both of these scores already. What should I do?

I got one of these too regarding things I had already submitted a while ago. I wrote back to them essentially saying that and asking what I could do to ensure that they were received by RFUMS.

I got one of these too regarding things I had already submitted a while ago. I wrote back to them essentially saying that and asking what I could do to ensure that they were received by RFUMS.
Ya thats what I did, I'm still waiting for a response. What did they say when they got back to you?

Submit my secondary early July, still no complete email. I emailed them twice about it and they said they have a lot of applicants and to be patient. Any advice?

They have a lot of applicants. Be patient.

The are the 5th highest in number of applications out of all the US schools, with ~12,000 apps every year. And the admissions dept is pretty small for that number of apps, but they do process all of them. Just not necessarily at the pace that your anxiety might want.

So breathe, they'll get to it. If you know that you got all your stuff sent to them properly, then they probably got it and it's just in the queue to be processed. Give it a few weeks, make sure to check your Promotions tab and Spam folders (common places their email end up), and email them again if you still haven't gotten a complete email.

I had a dream last night that I woke up to an II from here. Here's hoping I'm like Nostradamus.

They have a lot of applicants. Be patient.

The are the 5th highest in number of applications out of all the US schools, with ~12,000 apps every year. And the admissions dept is pretty small for that number of apps, but they do process all of them. Just not necessarily at the pace that your anxiety might want.

So breathe, they'll get to it. If you know that you got all your stuff sent to them properly, then they probably got it and it's just in the queue to be processed. Give it a few weeks, make sure to check your Promotions tab and Spam folders (common places their email end up), and email them again if you still haven't gotten a complete email.
Do you know which school happens to be the most applied to?

Hey guys, M1 here. Feel free to ask me any questions. I will try to be as brutally honest as possible.

Anyone have a guess as to the # accepted versus # actually matriculated at this school? i imagine it is pretty low yield. Just wondering what my post interview chances are!

If we interviewed on 9/7 do you think we will hear back on October 15th?

I really love the faculty and the building. The faculty is super helpful and when the students get together and request changes to the curriculum, it usually happens quickly. The faculty is super responsive and really focuses on what the students want. What I don't like is that we are the first students on the new curriculum. Therefore, there are not many old exams for our material like there have been in the previous years. The location is also meh because we are smack dab in the middle of one of the poorest cities in illinois (waukegan) and one of the richest (lake forest). However, campus is completely safe and quiet and there are many eating and bar options that are a 5 minute drive. Also, we are being trained for EMT which takes up 6 hours of our week and the students have raised hell about this so I don't know if this will be kept next year or made more efficient. If you have any more in-depth questions about the curriculum, let me know.

Every weekend there usually is a group of students that take the train downtown (takes about 45 mins) and pool uber back which ends up being like 15 bucks a person. The social life is more fun than I expected.

Also be patient with the admission process here because it is not the greatest. The school holds, I believe, about 100 spots for the BMS students (their master's program with linkage to the med school) and these spots go to the master's students around May. This year we had about 60 kids come from that master's program so there were a lot of late acceptances.

Just got a II from them but I can't make it to any of their interview dates :(
Does anyone know if they are generous enough to give me more dates? I'm scared that they will just take me off their list.

Any kind of hold (pre-II and post-II) will be sent via email

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know if you are put on a pre-hold before receiving II? Meaning if you aren’t on pre hold it’s less likely to receive an II?

Did you finally get a complete email? I'm in the same boat...they're very slow with their correspondence :(