2018-2019 Chicago Medical School at Rosalind Franklin

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Did you finally get a complete email? I'm in the same boat...they're very slow with their correspondence :(

Still no complete email lol. I’ve given up hope for this school.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
That's disappointing...I submitted much later than you too :( perhaps you're marked complete on their portal?

Hmmmm...I submitted late August and got complete email about 2 weeks later. When did you take your Casper? Maybe that’s the hold up?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hmmmm...I submitted late August and got complete email about 2 weeks later. When did you take your Casper? Maybe that’s the hold up?

I took casper August 8, they've def received it :/
Maybe I'll call them in another few days...

Still no complete email lol. I’ve given up hope for this school.
Don’t give up! This school is in the top five for most apps received I think so it definetly takes time. I submitted within the first days of the app opening and it still took a month or so to be marked complete.

Don’t give up! This school is in the top five for most apps received I think so it definetly takes time. I submitted within the first days of the app opening and it still took a month or so to be marked complete.

Yeah but if this school marks us complete in October, do we even have hope for interviews?

Yeah but if this school marks us complete in October, do we even have hope for interviews?
Tbh do any of us? There’s still a bunch of us who were complete after submitting in July with nothing but a credit card bill from this school while people who submitted more recently are getting II. It’s all unpredictable at this point so I wouldn’t worry too much about it

Reactions: 2 users
So i have an interview coming up here, and i was wondering what is the best way to prepare for the interview day? My understanding is that it is MMI. How many stations approximately, and how much time per station? Is it important to look over our primary and secondary apps for more personal questions as well?

I prewrote this secondary and submit it the same second I got the email. I think they just lost my app somehow. I took Casper June 3rd

Tbh do any of us? There’s still a bunch of us who were complete after submitting in July with nothing but a credit card bill from this school while people who submitted more recently are getting II. It’s all unpredictable at this point so I wouldn’t worry too much about it

I guess you're right. I don't know whether to feel relieved or terrified that this process is so random :confused:

I prewrote this secondary and submit it the same second I got the email. I think they just lost my app somehow. I took Casper June 3rd
Hard to say but I doubt they lost your app. I don’t remember if this school reviews apps in order but that could be one reason

So i have an interview coming up here, and i was wondering what is the best way to prepare for the interview day? My understanding is that it is MMI. How many stations approximately, and how much time per station? Is it important to look over our primary and secondary apps for more personal questions as well?

Look up a bunch of MMI prompts online and practice answering them out loud to get used to the format. It may help to time yourself, you get 5 minutes per station 1.5 minutes between stations. We all sign a non-disclosure about the details of the interview, so it's hard to be more detailed. It's a pretty standard MMI experience, so general MMI prep should have you ready to go.

Look up a bunch of MMI prompts online and practice answering them out loud to get used to the format. It may help to time yourself, you get 5 minutes per station 1.5 minutes between stations. We all sign a non-disclosure about the details of the interview, so it's hard to be more detailed. It's a pretty standard MMI experience, so general MMI prep should have you ready to go.
Thanks a bunch. One more question if you are able to answer, is the 5 minutes per station including the time you have to read each station's question? Or is that 1.5 minutes between each station the time you get?

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks a bunch. One more question if you are able to answer, is the 5 minutes per station including the time you have to read each station's question? Or is that 1.5 minutes between each station the time you get?
Hey, current CMS student here. 1.5 minutes is the only time you get. You move to a station, read the prompt for that amount of time, go in for 5 minutes. Repeat. It’s a blind interview. They will know nothing about your resume, or application, or personal statement. Just your name and AMCAS ID. Best of luck!!

Hey, current CMS student here. 1.5 minutes is the only time you get. You move to a station, read the prompt for that amount of time, go in for 5 minutes. Repeat. It’s a blind interview. They will know nothing about your resume, or application, or personal statement. Just your name and AMCAS ID. Best of luck!!
Thanks!

Just got my complete email! submitted 09/01. Casper complete 2 weeks ago.

Last edited:
for all the people freaking out about not being complete yet.. i submitted my application like first week of july and my casper was in mid july. i wasn't complete until mid august (and many people who submitted after me were complete weeks before me). i got an II last week, so yes it is frustrating but don't give up hope yet bc the process is just kind of random

Reactions: 1 users
for all the people freaking out about not being complete yet.. i submitted my application like first week of july and my casper was in mid july. i wasn't complete until mid august (and many people who submitted after me were complete weeks before me). i got an II last week, so yes it is frustrating but don't give up hope yet bc the process is just kind of random
Congrats on the II! Did they send you an "under review" email before the II?

does anyone have post interview acceptance stats?

Anyone know how long it might take to hear back? At my interview day I don't remember them giving either a soft or hard deadline to hear back

Anyone know how long it might take to hear back? At my interview day I don't remember them giving either a soft or hard deadline to hear back
I asked at the interview, and one of the faculty members said "no news is not bad news" and that people can hear back any time between October 15th and July. Quite a range but that's what she gave me

I asked at the interview, and one of the faculty members said "no news is not bad news" and that people can hear back any time between October 15th and July. Quite a range but that's what she gave me

Alrighty thanks

If it goes the same as last year, if you interview in September/October - 100%. If you interview after that - 0%

I hope this is joking and sarcasm lol

For those that stated they will be retaking the mcat, did u guys get the secondary after the new score was up?

For those that stated they will be retaking the mcat, did u guys get the secondary after the new score was up?
I got mine after I submitted with my initial MCAT and before my new one.

Unfortunately not, I am a current M1 and of the students in my class ~25% came from the special master's program, ~50% admitted on October 31st, ~25% accepted off the waitlist April - August. I will keep you all posted to see if they have changed their admissions procedures.
Do you know if anybody received an acceptance before oct 31st? Like oct 15th?

And the 100% comment you had - do they really accept everyone they interview in Sept and Oct?

Unfortunately not, I am a current M1 and of the students in my class ~25% came from the special master's program, ~50% admitted on October 31st, ~25% accepted off the waitlist April - August. I will keep you all posted to see if they have changed their admissions procedures.

Just a caveat on this. Your admissions year was very different than ours had been. We had acceptances coming out pretty steadily every month, until the spring - then acceptances off of the waitlist. It's difficult to say how they will be this year.

Do any of those interviewed on the first day remember if they said that we should be hearing back tomorrow?

Do any of those interviewed on the first day remember if they said that we should be hearing back tomorrow?

I interviewed the second day and they said 4-6 weeks. Which would be around now! I hope so

I'm getting anxious I just want to know! I wonder if those of us who interviewed early September will find out today

I'm getting anxious I just want to know! I wonder if those of us who interviewed early September will find out today

Same here! Interviewed first week of September and eager to hear back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From last year's thread, it looks like they started giving out decisions on Wednesday of this week. Hopefully we'll know then!

From last year's thread, it looks like they started giving out decisions on Wednesday of this week. Hopefully we'll know then!

Seems likely, but keeping fingers crossed for some news today!

Received an email an hour ago about completing a survey :laugh: thought it was a decision

i feel like tomorrow is the day my dudes

Hoping for good news tomorrow!

Does someone want to call and see?
Don’t do that, it just bothers the office. The decisions will come whenever they send them out; they don’t have an obligation to do it today. Though, from last year’s thread again, multiple people said that they got the email at 4:35pm (not sure what time zone though). Patience is key!

Did you get the complete email yet? I just received it - why are they sooooo late? :(

This wait is painful.