2018-2019 Cleveland Clinic Lerner College of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I should add — even if it was free labor type work (we’ve all been there haha), you should know the hypothesis that was being tested and how it was being tested, and what the outcomes were. I think those basics are absolutely required knowledge and fair game for you to be asked on an interview at CCLCM, which is focused to training clinician-investigators. Other schools may just use research as a check box for applicants, but we care about what you did and want to learn about it from you and want to see you explain it to us to make sure you want to do research and not just free tuition :) haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome thanks! I literally mentioned it in one sentence on my primary lol so there's very little on it at all. The main project I worked on I wrote about in my essay for the secondary so I'm hoping they focus on that. I'll make sure to review the past ones a bit just in case. I can definitely tell the overall goal and hypothesis but that's about it. I don't know any of the details for it and I'm not authored on anything from it either.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Can anyone give a basic overview of interview day and how the interviews were structured? This is one of my top (if not the top) choices out of the schools I've received interviews at so I'm a little nervous for it.

Can anyone give a basic overview of interview day and how the interviews were structured? This is one of my top (if not the top) choices out of the schools I've received interviews at so I'm a little nervous for it.

If you know your application, why you want to be a doctor, why you’re interested in cclcm, why you’re interested in research in the setting of medicine for a career, and don’t over think it lol you’ll be fine. :)

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
If you know your application, why you want to be a doctor, why you’re interested in cclcm, why you’re interested in research in the setting of medicine for a career, and don’t over think it lol you’ll be fine. :)

I'm still waiting on a LOR to come in to be complete. Am I cooked? This is my top choice. It's the bomb. I stopped by the prof's office yesterday and he said "Oh, right, it's getting kind of late now." I want to cry. Do you know if there are any interview spots left at this point?

I'm still waiting on a LOR to come in to be complete. Am I cooked? This is my top choice. It's the bomb. I stopped by the prof's office yesterday and he said "Oh, right, it's getting kind of late now." I want to cry. Do you know if there are any interview spots left at this point?
I would call CCLCM admissions and tell them, and let them know.

Has anyone who submitted mid august or later heard back yet?

Does anyone know if CCLM is still offering interviews? Really wanted to get an interview but haven't heard yet :(
LizzyM is 76.5

I can check in with one of my classmates who is more in the know with the adcom
was told by classmate that you could always call and ask if they're still sending out interviews, but they also said you should probably just wait since CCLCM doesn't ghost applicants.

New to SDN, has anyone received a phone interview and if so, what to expect?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey all. I'm also a med student at CCLCM who would be happy to answer any questions. This is an amazing school in so many ways. Best of luck to everyone!

What was your application cycle like with CCLCM?
I had a great experience with CCLCM during the app cycle. The interview day was memorable, and their process was more transparent than some other schools I applied to. I interviewed fairly early in the cycle and received an acceptance call in December. I’ll never forget that day. Second Look was also a great experience and helped me make a more confident final decision at the end of the cycle.

In past years CCLCM has offered the first 16 acceptances in December and the next 16 in February. I don’t believe they overaccept at any stage, instead offering acceptances from the alternate list as accepted students withdraw. Post-interview waitlist and rejections are also around December-February I believe. Of course, things may have changed as I’m not in the know with the adcom, but I would guess the process this year won’t be drastically different.

First ranking meeting is 12/11. It will take a week to contact the PIs of the first 16 accepted. The second ranking meeting is on 2/5/19.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Just curious, why exactly do they call your PI? Just to inform them?
They want to verify what you wrote in your research essay is legitimate -- what you did in the research lab and how you meaningfully contributed to the research. The PI will know the applicant's character, research interest and how well you interacted with your lab colleagues.

Also took the L yesterday. This one hurt, was the top choice on my list even though I knew my chances weren't great.

I got an invitation in late November scheduled for January. They gave out decisions for that batch in February

Does anybody know when the admissions committee meets for the first round of acceptances?

II today! Thought it was going to be an R and almost didn't even open the email

Reactions: 1 users
II today! Thought it was going to be an R and almost didn't even open the email
same, thank goodness i read through the email very good surprise this is my top choice for years

Reactions: 1 users
They said to upload thank you notes directly to the application and it seems like whatever you upload goes to both programs. Did I upload in the right place haha?

They said to upload thank you notes directly to the application and it seems like whatever you upload goes to both programs. Did I upload in the right place haha?
yes! they said the other programs will see it but it's ok

Hello, so I had a question.
I received an interview invite today at 12:30ish, and when I tried to schedule at 6:30ish today, there were no slots remaining. Does that mean I cannot interview here although I have an invitation? The email explicitly said "Once slots are filled we do not expect to add more. This gives every interviewee a better chance of acceptance, but those who hesitate may find there are no more interview days available." What does this mean?
Thanks!

I received an interview invite today at 12:30ish, and when I tried to schedule at 6:30ish today, there were no slots remaining. Does that mean I cannot interview here although I have an invitation? The email explicitly said "Once slots are filled we do not expect to add more. This gives every interviewee a better chance of acceptance, but those who hesitate may find there are no more interview days available." What does this mean?
Thanks!
Wait, so they are done giving IIs?

Isn’t this really early for them to stop? In years past, people were getting interviews to thanksgiving and even later to January?

Isn’t this really early for them to stop? In years past, people were getting interviews to thanksgiving and even later to January?
It seems early. The first ranking meeting is 12/11 but there is another one on 2/5 for the second group of 16. I don’t understand giving more interview invitations than there are available appointments.

Thanks!
Did you scroll through the different months? The first available for me was late December

Did you scroll through the different months? The first available for me was late December

Yes I did, I cannot see anything. I will call them tomorrow morning about this. I was super psyched then got super disappointed when I could not see any slots :(

Yes I did, I cannot see anything. I will call them tomorrow morning about this. I was super psyched then got super disappointed when I could not see any slots :(

Can you waitlist? Sorry it’s been 5 years since I’ve done this :/ I can maybe try to figure out

Can you waitlist? Sorry it’s been 5 years since I’ve done this :/ I can maybe try to figure out

Do you mind finding out if they are done giving out interviews? Some of us were really hoping for that late November invitation to come up in January.

Do you mind finding out if they are done giving out interviews? Some of us were really hoping for that late November invitation to come up in January.
general recommendation from some classmates who know the adcom process is to contact the program directly if for those who want an application update. wish i had more information, but i don't, my apologies.

general recommendation from some classmates who know the adcom process is to contact the program directly if for those who want an application update. wish i had more information, but i don't, my apologies.
Don’t apologize. No need to. Thanks for checking.

I had left them a voice message, but this morning, when I checked there was a slot open on Dec 6, so I scheduled it! I am so happy!

I might be confused but I read that theres a full tuition scholarship here. Is this school free?

I might be confused but I read that theres a full tuition scholarship here. Is this school free?

All 32 students accepted get a full tuition scholarship for all 5 years. We’ve been doing this > 10 years

Has anyone received an interview invite or acceptance lately? It has been quiet in here.