2018-2019 Cleveland Clinic Lerner College of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone received an interview invite or acceptance lately? It has been quiet in here.
First round of acceptances will be mid-late December.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
When were you complete if you dont mind me asking?

7/26 for both UP and CP. Got a UP II about 5 days before CP. I thought I was silently rejected from both - my guess now is that if you haven't been rejected, you're still very much in the running!

Reactions: 2 users
Are people sending them updates, or just waiting for after the first decision date, post-interview? Getting wound up with so much silence...

Are people sending them updates, or just waiting for after the first decision date, post-interview? Getting wound up with so much silence...

I sent an update about a publication. I just uploaded a pdf of the citation though amd didn't write anything besides that.

Does anyone happen to know why some applicants are put on hold pre-interview pending a phone interview while others remain on pre-interview hold without a phone call? Is one preferable to the other?

Does anyone happen to know why some applicants are put on hold pre-interview pending a phone interview while others remain on pre-interview hold without a phone call? Is one preferable to the other?
I would guess that if they are taking the time to talk to you on the phone, you rank higher than those just on hold pre-interview. It's just a guess though.

Interview at Lerner and Case Western today! IIs came at the same time. Plenty of dates open in Jan for both!

Members don't see this ad :)
I would guess that if they are taking the time to talk to you on the phone, you rank higher than those just on hold pre-interview. It's just a guess though.

This is the first I've heard of a phone interview, I received a campus one without a phone invite, is this normal?

This is the first I've heard of a phone interview, I received a campus one without a phone invite, is this normal?

No, you're good. They conduct a phone interview to candidates they are interested in potentially interviewing but are not completely sure (i.e. they probably did not pass the initial screen to get an interview). It's a type of pre-interview hold.

Congrats! When were you complete, if you don’t mind?

Oops--I meant to include that! I was complete 8/15. Also, I took 2.5 weeks (not the suggested 2 weeks) to complete my secondary. Just in case anyone was nervous about that.

No, you're good. They conduct a phone interview to candidates they are interested in potentially interviewing but are not completely sure (i.e. they probably did not pass the initial screen to get an interview). It's a type of pre-interview hold.

Ahh okay I see, thanks a lot!

Oops--I meant to include that! I was complete 8/15. Also, I took 2.5 weeks (not the suggested 2 weeks) to complete my secondary. Just in case anyone was nervous about that.
Dang I’ve been complete since 8/14 and still in silence:/ hope I’m still in the running but I’m starting to lose hope since it looks like they’re close to the end for handing out IIs

Took the pre-II R just now. Complete 10/13, LizzyM 73-79 (nontrad career changer, big spread in post-bacc grades v cGPA). Very disappointed as this was my top choice and didn't get even get an interview. I wish you guys the best and hope you are able to make the most of the opportunity!

R today, I actually didn't even mean to apply to this program in addition to the University program. Complete early/mid-September. LM ~ 70, year of full-time research but no publications or anything else outstanding. So I'm not surprised but thought it was a little funny to be rejected from something I didn't think I applied to

R today, I actually didn't even mean to apply to this program in addition to the University program. Complete early/mid-September. LM ~ 70, year of full-time research but no publications or anything else outstanding. So I'm not surprised but thought it was a little funny to be rejected from something I didn't think I applied to
Now I just feel bad for you that you wrote like 8 extra essays and didn't really need to. Good luck with the university program!

Reactions: 1 users
Now I just feel bad for you that you wrote like 8 extra essays and didn't really need to. Good luck with the university program!
I'm trying to look at the secondary and figure out which essays were for which program. Which are going to the University program?

Never mind, I just checked the University program thread lol. Oh well!

IIs from Lerner and Case on November 20th! Didn't realize until a few days later when I checked my portal, never got an email. Complete 8/19, LM 74, ORM, IS with ties to both Case and the Clinic. Looked like plenty of dates in January for CCLCM.

@medgal13 @ClinicianScientist

Have you or anyone else who has been on pre-interview hold heard back from Cleveland Clinic yet? Does anyone know if they are evaluating those on hold throughout the cycle or only at the end of December?

@medgal13 @ClinicianScientist

Have you or anyone else who has been on pre-interview hold heard back from Cleveland Clinic yet? Does anyone know if they are evaluating those on hold throughout the cycle or only at the end of December?
They never told me that I was on hold, they said that the phone-interview was just to confirm you were the right candidate for an in person interview, but no we both have not heard anything but they are still reviewing our file.

They never told me that I was on hold, they said that the phone-interview was just to confirm you were the right candidate for an in person interview, but no we both have not heard anything but they are still reviewing our file.
@medgal13

Do you have a document upload option on your portal?

Last year people started getting calls on the 18th (third Monday) so hopefully that means this year we'll hear back on the 17th. These 15 days will hopefully fly by with all the finals.

Reactions: 3 users
I just got an email saying this:
"Hello,
Please take the time to check your I apply for status updates. CCLCM has offered you an in-person interview. Please log-in and read the details.
Best,
CCLCM Admissions Office "
But nothing shows up in the portal... Did this happen to anyone? I'm starting to think they accidentally sent me this :'(

"Hello,
Please take the time to check your I apply for status updates. CCLCM has offered you an in-person interview. Please log-in and read the details.
Best,
But nothing shows up in the portal... Did this happen to anyone? I'm starting to think they accidentally sent me this :'(

Call them tomorrow!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Hello,
Best,
I got this as well. I can't find anything in the portal either.

I got this as well. I can't find anything in the portal either.
I'm glad I'm not the only one... it'll be very disappointing if this was a mistake! I've been refreshing my portal every 5 sec to see if anything changes lol

I'm glad I'm not the only one... it'll be very disappointing if this was a mistake! I've been refreshing my portal every 5 sec to see if anything changes lol
I think its available now. I got a follow up email with further details.

Do people normally get interviews to CCLCM and Case Western close together? Or is there no correlation?

Do people normally get interviews to CCLCM and Case Western close together? Or is there no correlation?

I got mine 30 minutes apart but I've heard of others hearing back over a week apart and having to scome back to cleveland a second time because of it.

I got mine 30 minutes apart but I've heard of others hearing back over a week apart and having to scome back to cleveland a second time because of it.
So is receiving a II to case western, once you've received one from CCLCM, just a matter of time?

So is receiving a II to case western, once you've received one from CCLCM, just a matter of time?

Not necessarily but Cclcm is considered the more difficult one to get though so you'd expect to get a case one if you got a cclcm one.

Nope, I got pre-interview R from case but II at CCLCM, all depends on what they’re looking for!

Reactions: 3 users
For interviews conducted in late November, does anyone know if admissions decisions will be sent out after the first or second committee meeting? Thank you

Last edited:
For those with phone interviews, how long did it take between receiving that notification email and Sade Jackson actually reaching out to you to schedule it?

For those with phone interviews, how long did it take between receiving that notification email and Sade Jackson actually reaching out to you to schedule it?
About a week for me. Good luck, it is a very relaxed conversation!

For interviews conducted in late November, does anyone know if admissions decisions will be sent out after the first or second committee meeting? Thank you

From reading the previous year's thread, it looks like we will be considered in the first committee meeting. If we are placed on the alternate list at that time, we will be considered again in the second committee meeting.