2018-2019 Cleveland Clinic Lerner College of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
They did say that in the II email, and my friend who studies there says that it also said that when he received his II so who knows if this is actually true? However, the admissions team did tell my interview group that they interview 250 people or less, so it seems strange to me that there would be a need to accommodate more interviews, given that the # of interviews seems to be set

Yeah on my interview day they told us they plan to interview about 240... I'm so confused by this cycle here. I guess if they're meeting end of February we'll be waiting until March to hear back. Second look is the last week of March so i hope they at least think to notify people early enough to plan for that.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
The admission team said they were sending out fewer interview slots this year. Can you explain what you mean when you say that they are trying to accommodate more interviews.
More dates were needed because the adcom will actually interview more people this year. I'm not sure how much more. That is why the second ranking meeting is rescheduled on 2/21/19 as stated above. I suspect that the second 16 accepted will hear before 3/1/19. Also, note that some of you who are not in the first 32 accepted will be invited to SL. This group will likely be on the "high WL". Good luck to all.

Was anyone else told not to send thank you notes to the interviewers but to upload to the portal directly?

Yeah they told us this on my interview day. I remember it clearly because they made sure to clarify that they get everything despite cwru also seeing the uploads.

Members don't see this ad :)
More dates were needed because the adcom will actually interview more people this year. I'm not sure how much more. That is why the second ranking meeting is rescheduled on 2/21/19 as stated above. I suspect that the second 16 accepted will hear before 3/1/19. Also, note that some of you who are not in the first 32 accepted will be invited to SL. This group will likely be on the "high WL". Good luck to all.

Thank you so much for your time throughout this process. It has been extremely helpful. Do you have any guidance/ information on when decisions on first semester interviewees who have not received a decision will be released? Should one assume they are being evaluated in the next ranking meeting if they have not received notification at this point? Do rejections happen post interview/ are applicants notified?

Thank you in advance!

Reactions: 1 users
Rejections can occur at any time. If you have not been rejected before the second ranking meeting, then your application is still active.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Wait so they interview about 250 for 32 spots? Isn't that proportionally way more than what other schools interview

Wait so they interview about 250 for 32 spots? Isn't that proportionally way more than what other schools interview

Nope. Eg, Hopkins was like 600 something interviews out of 4,000 something secondaries.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nope. Eg, Hopkins was like 600 something interviews out of 4,000 something secondaries.

Hmm from what I've seen school usually interview only about 2x what they accept. 250 just seems like a large number

Hmm from what I've seen school usually interview only about 2x what they accept. 250 just seems like a large number

I think that because of how unique the program is (i.e. 32 students, no more, no less) they need to have the right balance of personalities that will work. I think you need to have a large sample size of interviews to determine that. Also, I don’t remember where I saw this fact but I think they only accept 32 students at one time. Only until a student gives up their seat do they accept someone off of the rank list.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 2 users
For those of you who interviewed already, is there parking available in the area? I'll be driving but I didn't receive any info about parking situation. Thanks!

For those of you who interviewed already, is there parking available in the area? I'll be driving but I didn't receive any instructions for parking situation. Thanks!

I think there is a parking garage close by!

Members don't see this ad :)
Possibly a stupid question that may have been asked already, But when is the second ranking meeting and do they tell us where we are on that list/ rejected after the February release dates?

Possibly a stupid question that may have been asked already, But when is the second ranking meeting and do they tell us where we are on that list/ rejected after the February release dates?

Not sure why no one responded lol, not a stupid question. The admissions person who posts here says that the second ranking meeting is on the 21st of February. No idea if people will get waitlists or rejections before or after that date. I interviewed early in the cycle and have yet to hear anything from them, I think that's the status for a good number of people

Not sure why no one responded lol, not a stupid question. The admissions person who posts here says that the second ranking meeting is on the 21st of February. No idea if people will get waitlists or rejections before or after that date. I interviewed early in the cycle and have yet to hear anything from them, I think that's the status for a good number of people
+1

As stated previously, the second ranking meeting (to determine #17-32 acceptances) is on 2/21. Rejections are ongoing as some of you, unfortunately, have already been notified. ALL interviewed applicants who have not been rejected to date, will be re-ranked with applicants who interviewed after the first ranking meeting in December. Invitations to SL will go out soon. For those of you invited to SL but are not in the first 32 accepted, this means that you are in the very high WL. Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 10 users
Does "to date" refer to the date of the second ranking meeting? Meaning, can we be rejected in the next 5 days? :(

Does "to date" refer to the date of the second ranking meeting? Meaning, can we be rejected in the next 5 days? :(

I hope not :eek:

Still haven't seen a single person report a post interview rejection though

I remember at the interview they said no updates unless it is something major so I didn't send in my grades for last semester. Now I'm nervous that it makes me look not interested that I didn't send them my grades when in reality I would sell my left kidney and my spleen to come here. Did anyone send them their grades? Should I send them an unofficial transcript?

I was accepted in December even though I didn't send them my grades beforehand. I think they said not to send an update unless it was something major (like an accepted publication). I hope it works out for you and that we can meet at Second Look in April!
Thank you! I ended up sending them (just the grades no description or anything really) since case will also get it, I hope it is okay (really nervous it is not!)! I hope to see you there too, but I guess we will see in a couple of weeks!:nailbiting: Also congratulations!!!

Last edited:
Does anyone know when accepted students will hear back after the second ranking meeting on 2/21?*

Last edited:
Based on last year, I think that it's more likely to be during the week of the 4th (which would still be before the 15th deadline)... I think that those of us who aren't going to be accepted will find out around then as well... (although, this year has been a bit off-track from previous SDN years)

Just realized tomorrow is the ranking meeting...

Let's hope for the best. We were all given a pretty huge honor, and the fact that we're still in it is fantastic. Nothing we can do will change the outcome but there's no reason to not be grateful while we wait

Let's hope for the best. We were all given a pretty huge honor, and the fact that we're still in it is fantastic. Nothing we can do will change the outcome but there's no reason to not be grateful while we wait

This is more tongue in cheek than anything, but I can think of a pretty good reason not to be grateful: not getting in lol

This is more tongue in cheek than anything, but I can think of a pretty good reason not to be grateful: not getting in lol
I mean at this point we can’t change that. But, they still considered us good enough to talk about and invest time interviewing. And we got to see a pretty beautiful example of what medicine can be. Don’t get me wrong, I’m terrified. But, there has to be growth in this process

Reactions: 3 users
I mean at this point we can’t change that. But, they still considered us good enough to talk about and invest time interviewing. And we got to see a pretty beautiful example of what medicine can be. Don’t get me wrong, I’m terrified. But, there has to be growth in this process

I love your outlook; hope we’re classmates!

Just found out I've received a moderately important award from my University today. Since the ranking committee is today, is it too late to send an update in?

Just found out I've received a moderately important award from my University today. Since the ranking committee is today, is it too late to send an update in?

Probably would've been too late but unless it's super impressive it might not be worth it anyways. Could be nice to mention along with other updates if waitlisted (obviously we can't judge how impressive it is though since we don't know the details but i think that's up to you to decide if it's worth it).

Probably would've been too late but unless it's super impressive it might not be worth it anyways. Could be nice to mention along with other updates if waitlisted (obviously we can't judge how impressive it is though since we don't know the details but i think that's up to you to decide if it's worth it).
I think waiting after decisions have been made is the move as well. Appreciate your input!

Does anyone know when accepted students will hear back after the second ranking meeting on 2/21?*
I think after 3/1. Scores will need to be tabulated from ranking meeting. The PIs will then be called for those ranked

Reactions: 3 users
I think after 3/1. Scores will need to be tabulated from ranking meeting. The PIs will then be called for those ranked

So the PI's might need to be called this upcoming week then and then they can call the applicants the following week after March first?

What I meant was that I doubt the accepted applicants will hear before 3/1.

How many PIs are contacted? only 1 PI per applicant?

I think it was just the most recent or most significant one? I think it was one of those from what i saw earlier in the threads. I feel like the one that wrote your rec letter would make the most sense and if you had multiple then in that case the more recent one? Im sorta guessing sorta remembering reading this earlier on haha

@adcom101 should we assume we made it to the ranking meeting if we haven’t heard anything? It seems quite a few people haven’t heard back at all since interviewing earlier in the season

@adcom101 should we assume we made it to the ranking meeting if we haven’t heard anything? It seems quite a few people haven’t heard back at all since interviewing earlier in the season
I would like to think that everyone was so fantastic that they couldn't choose who to not send through to the second ranking meeting so they just didn't reject anyone post interview! I am sure we will know in a couple weeks! Good luck to you!

I would like to think that everyone was so fantastic that they couldn't choose who to not send through to the second ranking meeting so they just didn't reject anyone post interview! I am sure we will know in a couple weeks! Good luck to you!
I think this year had some fantastic applicants! I wish you the best of luck!

Do they only contact the PI’s of those who are in the next 16 or is it people that will be on the waitlist too?

Did your pi get contacted :eek:
Was worried that this would be illegal to say and would reveal my identity but they never told my PI not to tell me and I also don't want to leave you guys hanging! Yes, my PI was contacted but I do not know what that means at this point and do not want to jump to any conclusions and have my hopes and dreams crushed. I hope all of us hear good news soon!

Was worried that this would be illegal to say and would reveal my identity but they never told my PI not to tell me and I also don't want to leave you guys hanging! Yes, my PI was contacted but I do not know what that means at this point and do not want to jump to any conclusions and have my hopes and dreams crushed. I hope all of us hear good news soon!

omg that is so lit! I think it will be good! I am rooting for you - thanks for letting us know :)

On another note, I have 0 hope here tbh

omg that is so lit! I think it will be good! I am rooting for you - thanks for letting us know :)

On another note, I have 0 hope here tbh
Hey! Don't you say that! There is always hope and also they had to have seen something amazing in you to invite you for an interview! Never sell yourself short, rooting for you!

Do they only contact the PI’s of those who are in the next 16 or is it people that will be on the waitlist too?

Only the next 16 as far as I know. PIs will be contacted first before you get an acceptance call from the WL.

• Wow
Congrats!!!! Really have appreciated you throughout this post. You deserve it!

Anybody else hoping that their PI is really good at keeping secrets?

Reactions: 7 users
Congrats!!!! Really have appreciated you throughout this post. You deserve it!
Thank you so much, that means a lot to me! I hope you get good news. I hope all of you do and your PIs just want to keep it secret. My PI texted me about 2 seconds after getting contacted because that’s just who they are. I’m still holding my breath till it’s official though! I will let you guys know if I hear anything!

Congrats on the call! I hope good news is ahead for you, but I definitely get how hard it is to wait. It was about two weeks between the time my PI was called and when I actually heard from CCLCM but that was also Christmas break.
It’s been like two days and all I’ve done is stare at my phone! You are stronger than I. Thank you!!

Does anyone have any idea when calls might be going out? I had thought it would be about a week after the rank meeting (last Thursday)...