2018-2019 Cooper Medical School of Rowan University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone received a secondary recently? This is one of my top choices - but I submitted my primary quite late so I deserve this :(.

I got mine the day after I added the school to my primary on 10/3. I think they must review applications periodically because last year it took almost 3 weeks. Hopefully you get it soon

Members don't see this ad.

I got mine the day after I added the school to my primary on 10/3. I think they must review applications periodically because last year it took almost 3 weeks. Hopefully you get it soon
I also received mine the day after! When did you send your secondary? Have you heard back?

Members don't see this ad :)

Gah. I'm probably not going to get one then :( Submitted 9/15. Best of luck to you!

Anyone in the area around for your interviews, feel free to get in contact. I'd love to get coffee and chat about your thoughts, opinions, and answer any questions you may have before/after your interviews.

Reactions: 1 users
I think I'm in the same boat:(. My application was verified on July 18 and I haven't received one yet.

I’ve heard from others that Cooper does a half traditional / half mmi structure for interview day... Can anyone confirm this or elaborate further on the interview style for this cycle?

I’ve heard from others that Cooper does a half traditional / half mmi structure for interview day... Can anyone confirm this or elaborate further on the interview style for this cycle?

Its only traditional. They stopped with the standardized patient a couple years ago

Reactions: 1 user

It’s one interview with two interviewers. One has read your file and one has not. It’s very low stress.

Members don't see this ad :)
Historically speaking, if we interviewed in September and didn’t get a call today, it’s a bad sign right?
I think there were some people last year who didn't get a call the first day but were accepted a few days later (at least this statement is based on a quick glance at last year's thread)

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone interview on 10/5 get any news?

Did anyone who interviewed on before 9/21 get anything?
So far thats the farthest out date that has been reported for getting a phone call. FWIW, I interviewed 10/5 and have not received any sort of info (call, R, etc.)

I did notice in last year's thread that at least one person from an early Sept interview received an acceptance later in October. I am holding onto hope for that since I interviewed on 9/7 and didn't hear anything today.

I also interviewed 9/21 !!! :( Should we call/email admissions?

i also interviewed 9/21 and didn't hear anything

I'm not going to call them. I think at the presentation they said they'd call if we were accepted or rejected or we could be put in for further consideration. So I'm guessing they just haven't made a decision on us yet (which is probably not a great sign if previous years are predictive). I'm guessing since I didn't get a call that I will likely get an R pretty soon (unless they just ghost me, but it seemed like they don't do that).

Last edited:
In the previous year's thread, I did read that some students got a call the next few days. I just hope that they might call people who interviewed before 9/21 because it seems the ones who got the call are from that date. We will see in a few days, though! :)

Reactions: 1 users
In the previous year's thread, I did read that some students got a call the next few days. I just hope that they might call people who interviewed before 9/21 because it seems the ones who got the call are from that date. We will see in a few days, though! :)
If your interviewer was unable to make it to the meeting, your decision could be delayed. They do not ghost people, however. You will either be accepted/reject/waitlisted. Best of luck!

If your interviewer was unable to make it to the meeting, your decision could be delayed. They do not ghost people, however. You will either be accepted/reject/waitlisted. Best of luck!

So if we didn't get called yesterday but interviewed 9/21, we shouldn't assume we're being ghosted? Should we assume that's a WL, or do they call to tell you that as well?

Did anyone else get an email congratulating you on acceptance / financial aid information today?