2018-2019 Cooper Medical School of Rowan University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
I just got the acceptance/financial aid e-mail about an hour ago as well! I did not interview nor have I received an e-mail for an interview. I don't want to get excited yet--could this be a mistake?

I just got the acceptance/financial aid e-mail about an hour ago as well! I did not interview nor have I received an e-mail for an interview. I don't want to get excited yet--could this be a mistake?

If you didn’t get an II, I’m guessing it’s probably a mistake. Have you contacted them to see?

Lol if its a mistake let them find it! send in those deposit ASAP!!!

Part of me feels like it has to be a mistake, yet another part of me thinks this would be a HUGE mistake for them to make and therefore unlikely for it to be a mistake. I really don't know. Tried calling but no answer--they probably left at 4. I will try to e-mail them now but again I doubt they'll respond today.

Reactions: 2 users
Part of me feels like it has to be a mistake, yet another part of me thinks this would be a HUGE mistake for them to make and therefore unlikely for it to be a mistake. I really don't know. Tried calling but no answer--they probably leave at 4. I will try to e-mail them now but again I doubt they'll respond today.
Keep us updated. That’d be awesome if it wasn’t a mistake!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)

got the same emails as well, it has to be a mistake... unless they accept applicants without interviewing them? idk, i left a voicemail around 4, still nothing.

Reactions: 1 users
Yeah seems like a mistake, don't think I've ever heard of a med school accepting people without an interview. Hopefully they meant to send us interview invites. Called them but no answer, sent them an email at around 4 est, haven't heard back.

Any calls today? I got a call from a 267 number but can't seem to get a hold of the person back

Does anyone know if applying to their PC3 program will make our application to process later post interview or not?

Does anyone know if applying to their PC3 program will make our application to process later post interview or not?
i dont think so- they don't evaluate you for the PC3 until after you've been accepted. Admissions said it shouldn't affect your application at all.

Got an e-mail this afternoon. The acceptance/financial aid e-mails sent out yesterday were due to "error" by their software system. Additionally, they stated, "The email sent does not constitute an official offer of CMSRU medical school acceptance. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused."

What an unbelievably horrible mistake to make. Not too often do you get an offer for a job/position/school by mistake. Can imagine it was pretty strenuous at Cooper's admissions office today.

( @Matthew9Thirtyfive )

Got an e-mail this afternoon. The acceptance/financial aid e-mails sent out yesterday were due to "error" by their software system. Additionally, they stated, "The email sent does not constitute an official offer of CMSRU medical school acceptance. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused."

What an unbelievably horrible mistake to make. Not too often do you get an offer for a job/position/school by mistake. Can imagine it was pretty strenuous at Cooper's admissions office today.

( @Matthew9Thirtyfive )

Sorry you had that roller coaster.

Hi I see that there are a lot of incoming and current Cooper Med students (Congrats!). I was hoping someone could get me in contact with anyone they may know in the central NJ area that is looking for or has a study group for the USMLE Step One? Many thanks!

Has anyone else from 10/5 interviews heard back? Still sitting on sweet silence here

does this school send out pre-II rejections? or more likely silent rejections?

does this school send out pre-II rejections? or more likely silent rejections?

Every school rejects pre-II... it is simply impossible to interview all applicants. Every school also rejects post-II.

Are you being silently rejected? Who knows... too early to tell.

I called them yesterday and the lady told me they are only on application thats been completed since august 24 so they are running behind.

Yeah. she said she them in batch over and the last date she saw on there was august 24. So the people completed prior could be in the batch to be review.

Yeah. she said she them in batch over and the last date she saw on there was august 24. So the people completed prior could be in the batch to be review.

Gotcha. I interviewed on 9/21 and haven't gotten an A or an R, which I was expecting to have happened already given what they told us at the presentation. I think I might grow a pair and call.

I called them yesterday and the lady told me they are only on application thats been completed since august 24 so they are running behind.
Does it mean we’re rejected silently if we submitted our secondaries before 8/24 and haven’t heard back :(

To those who’ve interviewed, what’s the interview day like? What are the good and bad aspects of the school? What’s the curriculum and general vibe? I’m debating withdrawing my app since I just got into RWJ but Im afraid of missing out.

Does it mean we’re rejected silently if we submitted our secondaries before 8/24 and haven’t heard back :(

Well no. That's just the last day she sent over so it could be any dates prior to that day,

To those who’ve interviewed, what’s the interview day like? What are the good and bad aspects of the school? What’s the curriculum and general vibe? I’m debating withdrawing my app since I just got into RWJ but Im afraid of missing out.

I was really impressed. It's right in the heart of Camden, and the patient population is very diverse. You will see a lot. The school is very nice inside and is right down the street from the hospital. Negatives are the parking and the safety aspect. It's not as bad as it used to be, but most of the students we talked to said they still try not to walk alone near or after dark.

The interview day is a little long because there is no lunch and the actual interview is toward the end of the day. They provide a breakfast, and you can eat the whole morning, so that helps. It starts with some time to eat breakfast and mingle, then a short icebreaker exercise. There are a few presentations from different faculty and staff members on the process post-interview, the curriculum, student affairs (they have houses like Harry Potter and a sorting day!), and financial aid. Then they split you up into three groups to go to three different stations. One group goes straight to the interview, and the other two go to tours, either of the sim center or the facilities. Then you rotate. The last thing is a little get together with as many current students as can make it. We had like 30 show up to our interview day. It starts at 0745 and ends at around 1330.

The curriculum is standard 2+2, but they integrate clinical experiences starting from week 5, where you go to a clinic and see patients alongside M3s, M4s, residents, and attendings (if I'm remembering correctly). I can't remember all the details, but the clinical years curriculum is pretty cool. It's not just your standard rotation after rotation. They have some extra mixed stuff in there that seems pretty cool. The only downside I really saw besides not having a condensed preclinical curriculum (I personally prefer an 18-month preclinical curriculum, but I know a lot of people don't, and having the early clinical experiences they talk about would probably mitigate it for me) is that they use professor-written exams.

Before my interview, I was interested, but it wasn't really contending with my number 1. After the interview day, it definitely became a solid contender. If it isn't too much of a deal to make it, I would recommend going.

Reactions: 5 users
I have a friend here who said most of her class interviewed in March! No need to worry yet

Just called admissions. If you interviewed in September or early October and didn't get a call on October 15, then you either either waitlisted or rejected and will get an email soon.
if you didn't hear yet, it also could mean that your interviewer didn't make it to the committee meeting so your decision is pushed back. a lot of the interviewers are busy physicians!!

Would it be ridiculous if I call them up and express my interest so they can at least give me a damn secondary? :(

if you didn't hear yet, it also could mean that your interviewer didn't make it to the committee meeting so your decision is pushed back. a lot of the interviewers are busy physicians!!

No, they explicitly said it was waitlist or rejection. But thanks for trying to keep the hope alive lol.

has anyone from the 10/19 interview day last Friday gotten a call today?

Just called admissions. If you interviewed in September or early October and didn't get a call on October 15, then you either either waitlisted or rejected and will get an email soon.
Can I ask who you spoke to in admissions?