2018-2019 Cooper Medical School of Rowan University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Can I ask who you spoke to in admissions?

I was on a cell phone in an area with not great service. I didn't really catch her name.

Members don't see this ad.

has anyone from the 10/19 interview day last Friday gotten a call today?

I interviewed 10/19 as well... I've been waiting for the call since 9AM and am slowly losing hope

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Interviewed on 10/19. Anxiously hoping for a phone call. As someone born and raised in South Jersey I would be ecstatic to go here.

Reactions: 1 user
wondering if they still calling today or if they are done

Does anyone know how long the interviews are meant to last? I know that the interviews are with two faculty members, but i haven't seen anything that specifies the interview length.

Does anyone know how long the interviews are meant to last? I know that the interviews are with two faculty members, but i haven't seen anything that specifies the interview length.

Mine was with a faculty member and a student. It lasted about 45 mins and went a little over.

I don't know what's going on with this school, but I have still not heard anything. I called early last week and got told to expect an email very soon (that would almost certainly be a WL or a rejection), but I haven't gotten anything.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I don't know what's going on with this school, but I have still not heard anything. I called early last week and got told to expect an email very soon (that would almost certainly be a WL or a rejection), but I haven't gotten anything.

The admissions also does not answer my call and I have just a question!!! Anyone else have tried calling?

The admissions also does not answer my call and I have just a question!!! Anyone else have tried calling?
I had to call three times before I got someone on the phone. She said she's the only one in the office who answers the phones and isn't always in there.

What are my chances?

uGPA: 3.672 , Major: Neurobiology, Minors: Philosophy, Religious Studies, Psychology, Chemistry, MCAT 506, 2 years Volunteer EMT, 1 year Emergency room full time physician scribe, 4+ years of research in 5 labs total, constant volunteer work within the community, bilingual, colombian background, first generation, from CT, parents with GED only, Graduate MA student in BioMedical Ethics and Law at UPitt currently and doing well academically. Lizzy Score is 65.70.

I have strong ties to NJ

Chances aren’t great but not bad either. The stats are a little below for what they generally look for but if your extracirculars are with the underserved, that will give you a good boost. They’re also looking to expand student research with the next few classes so those experience will help. NJ ties also help a lot, especially if you’re form SJ. Keep your fingers crossed

Literally just walked by the interviewees in room 522. Even waved. Everyone still has a chance, no matter the comm. delays.

Anyone know anything about sending them updates? I didn't see anything about it on the portal.

Literally just walked by the interviewees in room 522. Even waved. Everyone still has a chance, no matter the comm. delays.

It would be nice if they would tell me whether I’ve been WLed or rejected, given that I’ve twice now been given a timeline for communication that didn’t happen.

Anyone know anything about sending them updates? I didn't see anything about it on the portal.

I called admissions awhile ago to ask and they said they don't accept updates. They said there is literally no way to even attach it to you file so its pointless to send.

Reactions: 1 users
I called admissions awhile ago to ask and they said they don't accept updates. They said there is literally no way to even attach it to you file so its pointless to send.

Darn. Thank you!

She told me they just take people off the priority list first. It says in the email that they take a lot of people off the WL every year, so if you end up on it, I'd keep up hope.

Misread the email. It doesn't specifically say priority. It just says they take a lot of people, so my brain must have inserted that word in based on the phone convo I had with them.

Last edited:
Does the WL email indicate priority for anyone? Or do theys start ranking the WL people later on in the cycle?

WL as well; email did not indicate priorization...what I am wondering is if they actually rejected people or just waitlisted everyone

WL as well; email did not indicate priorization...what I am wondering is if they actually rejected people or just waitlisted everyone

I spoke to admissions and they did reject people. She also indicated that one of the waitlists gets a lot of movement, so I’m guessing if your email says they take a lot of people off the waitlist (like mine did) then you can take that at face value.

I spoke to admissions and they did reject people. She also indicated that one of the waitlists gets a lot of movement, so I’m guessing if your email says they take a lot of people off the waitlist (like mine did) then you can take that at face value.
when were you guys complete

I submitted secondary around august 24th, I did not hear anything, is it normal any one else in the same boat, please provide an update.

I submitted secondary around august 24th, I did not hear anything, is it normal any one else in the same boat, please provide an update.
did you ever receive a complete email? after I submitted I received a secondary application submitted email as well as a complete email

Reactions: 1 users
Thanks Helloecoli, I received an email followed my secondary, which shows my application is submitted.

any one knew the interview current interview rolling date?

Kinda sounds like Cooper really likes interviewing high MCAT applicants early, considering the class average is 508/509

Kinda sounds like Cooper really likes interviewing high MCAT applicants early, considering the class average is 508/509

Yeah. It wasn’t enough to keep me off the waitlist even with my strong upward trend (like seriously, the grades that dropped my gpa that far are from 10-15 years ago) and great ECs.

Yeah. It wasn’t enough to keep me off the waitlist even with my strong upward trend (like seriously, the grades that dropped my gpa that far are from 10-15 years ago) and great ECs.
A waitlist always stings, just have to keep positive... sounds like you’ll get in somewhere!