2018-2019 Creighton University School of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Creighton sends II by email, correct?

Members don't see this ad.

Just wanted to wish everyone the best of luck! I am an incoming M1 and would love to answer questions you may have about the school. I fell in love with this school immediately on my interview day and think all of you will as well. Feel free to DM me!
Hi! I have my interview next week and I was wondering if I could ask you a couple of questions? (through dm) :)

Just accepted!! (Interviewed 10/5)

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted!!!! Interviewed 10/5! So excited - I absolutely loved Creighton!!

Reactions: 2 users
Accepted!!! Interviewed 10/5 as well!

Reactions: 1 user
Mind sharing your stats? Also did you get an email or just portal update?

LM 74, OOS, ORM Trad applicant. I got the email around noon, the portal could have been updated before then, I'm not exactly sure.

Mind sharing your stats? Also did you get an email or just portal update?

Stats: MCAT 512, GPA 3.8.

I got an email along with the portal update! Best of luck to you!

Accepted 3 days ago, also interviewed on 10/5!
MCAT 512 GPA 3.76

Has anyone had any experience in them waiving the physiology requirement? I have two semesters of A&P, but I don’t think it technically meets their requirements.

Does Creighton let you know if you are not going to be given an interview? Or do you not necessarily receive any communication from them? I still have not heard back after early submission (July). My stats aren't overwhelming great nor bad, (LM 70) so I'm a little unsure as to why I'm not getting any info from them.

Does Creighton let you know if you are not going to be given an interview? Or do you not necessarily receive any communication from them? I still have not heard back after early submission (July). My stats aren't overwhelming great nor bad, (LM 70) so I'm a little unsure as to why I'm not getting any info from them.
I don't think they silent reject. However, they are very mission focused. Not really about stats here.

Yes, Creighton silently rejects!

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone accepted, did you message on the status page..." thank you for visiting for an on-campus interview "... disappear before you got the acceptance?

Has anyone had any experience in them waiving the physiology requirement? I have two semesters of A&P, but I don’t think it technically meets their requirements.

I'd just reach out to creighton admissions committee and be honest. I did these courses, does that fit your academic requirements for admission.

I'd just reach out to creighton admissions committee and be honest. I did these courses, does that fit your academic requirements for admission.

This was my plan, I was just waiting until I received my official acceptance packet in the mail to see if it included the condition of completing a physiology course. Thanks for the response!

Accepted!!!!! On the portal! Holy **** ima be a Doctor Mom!!!!! Interview 10/19

Reactions: 6 users
II today. Am I at a disadvantage if I do not stay with a student host? I would prefer to stay alone at a hotel so I can mentally prep, but I still have a gut feeling that I should stay with a student.

II today. Am I at a disadvantage if I do not stay with a student host? I would prefer to stay alone at a hotel so I can mentally prep, but I still have a gut feeling that I should stay with a student.

I didn't stay with a host and I didn't feel as though I was at a disadvantage and I was recently accepted. Only a few people in my interview group did, the majority of them stayed at hotels. I don't think you'll be at a disadvantage at all if you prefer to stay at a hotel.

completed since 7/20... Still silence... This is getting more and more concerning.

No disadvantage at all, I was recently accepted and I stayed in a hotel. My friend also was accepted and she stayed with a host. At the start of the interview day Creighton thanked us all for traveling out for interviewing and I believe they understand that it's a time and money intensive process. Do whatever makes the experience easier for you.

I didn't stay with a host and I didn't feel as though I was at a disadvantage and I was recently accepted. Only a few people in my interview group did, the majority of them stayed at hotels. I don't think you'll be at a disadvantage at all if you prefer to stay at a hotel.

No disadvantage at all, I was recently accepted and I stayed in a hotel. My friend also was accepted and she stayed with a host. At the start of the interview day Creighton thanked us all for traveling out for interviewing and I believe they understand that it's a time and money intensive process. Do whatever makes the experience easier for you.

Thank you so much to the both of you for responding--I genuinely appreciate it. Just got my flight and hotel. Any advice on the interview?

Thank you so much to the both of you for responding--I genuinely appreciate it. Just got my flight and hotel. Any advice on the interview?

My interview at Creighton was a great experience. Very laid back and conversational. The interviewers (one faculty, one medical student) are genuinely just trying to get to know you as a person and understand your motives for pursuing medicine. I know everyone says this about every interview, but I feel as though especially at Creighton that if you just relax, be yourself, and have a conversation you will do great!

My interview was extremely laid back. I think I only got asked 3 “real” questions— Why medicine? Why Creighton? And a question about my shadowing experience. The rest of both my interviews were literally conversation— we talked about my experiences, traveling, food, etc. My student interviewer had me finish our time by singing a holiday song :)

Reactions: 4 users
Does anyone know if there's a facebook page for admitted students? Thanks in advance

Agreed with what was said above! Be prepared for a long day, but thankfully the interviews were first.

I was accepted with the condition that I take a physiology class, but I've already graduated. Does anyone know of a good, online, 4 year college where I could take it? Thanks!

Does anyone know if there's a facebook page for admitted students? Thanks in advance

One will be made, but I believe this is usually something that occurs in the spring. At least it was for our class.

I was accepted with the condition that I take a physiology class, but I've already graduated. Does anyone know of a good, online, 4 year college where I could take it? Thanks!

Email the admissions committee. This isn't super uncommon so they may very well be able to inform you of a school/ program that offers an elective online course in physiology.

Its a bit of a pain but on the bright side, Congrats on the Acceptance!

Imma give you my general advice and then my honest advice for the medical student interview:

General:
Be courteous, honest and try to be relaxed. If you don't know say you don't know or just give your honest reply. Don't try to tell them what you think they want to hear, trust me they can tell your B.S.ing the question. You never know what they'll ask but its always good to have this region/school (omaha isn't most peoples dream location) why medicine and more specifically why doctor (a helping people answer is often met with a "why not a police officer or priest or any of the other jobs that help people") up your sleeve. Basic understanding of ethical questions could be helpful. My faculty interview was largely this and than a conversation about sports because my team was the rival of my interviewers team and it made for playful banter.

"Tell me about a time you failed" is a common question. They legit want to hear that you failed and that you learned how to better yourself. The wrong answer is "well one time I got a B even though i studied really hard so i studied harder the next exam and got back to an A" or some other not real failure. We want to know you fell on your butt and had to rethink things and mature throughout the process.
I feel like most students get one odd question but its meant for you to be introspective not right.Try to have a question or 2 to ask because usually interviewers leave time at the end to answer your questions.

Med student interview:
From the current student interview perspective, be yourself. I believe the vast majority of student interviewers, really don't care that much about your typical premed stuff simply because it's we get there's quite a bit of box checking involved in applying to med school. If you did something truly unique or had a life changing experience than that's fine, but otherwise its not super interesting hearing about hospital volunteering and the 4 hours a week you spent in a lab doing "research." We'd rather know about the stuff that is unique to you and sets you apart.

Don't try to twist every question/answer to fit a rehearsed reply. It is incredibly annoying when we ask questions and get answers that are half off topic cause it lets you trumpet something on your application. As much as we get it, when we ask about your hobbies we don't want to hear about all the selfless volunteering you do. That's fantastic but were trying to gauge who you are. Do you play sports? Dance? Play Boardgames? Play in a band? do you brew your own beer or try your hand at gardening?

Although not super common, I know a decent amount of students who like to ask a random question just to see how you are with topics that you didn't rehearse on. I've heard of applicants being asked things like "who'd win in a fight superhero X vs Superhero y" "you go home tonight and find out you won the lottery, what are you doing with your life" "Penguin walks in wearing a sombrero what does he say?" "you can talk to any 3 people alive or dead who are they" stuff like that.

In general our Interviews are pretty chill. They were a defining reason as to why I chose to attend Creighton. The best thing is to just be yourself. Getting an interview is the hardest part!

+1

At this point I'm thinking it's a silent rejection.

Although I'm not admissions, I wouldn't lose hope. Lots of interview dates left. Submit updates at the end of the Fall. I feel like Creighton loves that. I interviewed in the Spring and the interviewer specifically brought up stuff I updated them on so I'd shoot your shot that way.

No disadvantage. Depends on you. Staying with a student host usually means staying on an air mattress/ couch.
I personally stayed in a hotel in old market which was cool cause I could walk around and explore the area.
Benefit of hosting is someone to talk to before hand to ask questions or get advice or whatever (I usually go to dinner the night before with my M0's). Also we pick you up from airport and drop you off, so if you're on a budget staying with a host is usually cheaper than a hotel + car rental/uber.

Although I'm not admissions, I wouldn't lose hope. Lots of interview dates left. Submit updates at the end of the Fall. I feel like Creighton loves that. I interviewed in the Spring and the interviewer specifically brought up stuff I updated them on so I'd shoot your shot that way.
My interviewer told me during the interview to go home, do something, then send an update.

Has anyone from 10/20 heard anything? I thought they mentioned that the first half would hear by yesterday, but it looks like their portal is down

Has anyone from 10/20 heard anything? I thought they mentioned that the first half would hear by yesterday, but it looks like their portal is down

During our interview last week, they told us that they were a bit backed up on processing

Reactions: 2 users
II today, finally. I’ve been complete since late-August lol. Jan 11 and 25 are the days that were offered.

Reactions: 3 users