2018-2019 Dartmouth Geisel School of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Pre-II R. OOS, complete 7/23. First one of the cycle :( Guess it wasn’t meant to be! Good luck to everyone still in the running

Members don't see this ad.

Pre-II R! I don't have any rural health experience which may have played a role lol

Members don't see this ad :)
II today, completes late July. LM79

Reactions: 10 users
I submitted in 09/10 and my application just says Your App is Ready! Do they send rejection notifications before II?

I submitted in 09/10 and my application just says Your App is Ready! Do they send rejection notifications before II?

If you scroll through the past comments on this thread, you can probably figure out whether or not they reject pre-II.

(Hint: they do)

Reactions: 3 users
Complete early to mid July and still nothing. Anyone else still in silence who was complete around the same time?

Reactions: 7 users
Accepted! Interviewed mid Oct.

Members don't see this ad :)
Also accepted this morning, couldn't believe it! Interviewed early Oct, LM ~76

Reactions: 6 users
Does Dartmouth send "still under consideration" or "deferred" like emails?

Does Dartmouth send "still under consideration" or "deferred" like emails?

That's not really how their system works. They're essentially a non-rolling school that tries to get a jump on their top candidates. After every interview day, they score candidates, and at the end of the cycle determine what their admit/waitlist threshold scores are.

They explained the system at the interview day.

Forgot to post. Also accepted! but it went to my junk folder. Let that be a lesson to all, check your spam! haha

At this point I don't care about the pre-II axe, I just wanna hear back already. The waiting is the worst

Reactions: 6 users
At this point I don't care about the pre-II axe, I just wanna hear back already. The waiting is the worst
This is not any consolation, but if you have the extra time read through last year's thread starting from around October/November. It's actually hilarious and gave me a much better idea of how much Dartmouth spreads out its decisions. We got this!!

Does anyone notice this last account log in on the bottom right of their profile? Does this mean when adcom last visited your info?

Seems like all of these recent IIs and rejections have been from end of July, beginning of August complete dates, and here I am sitting in silence with an early July complete date. Smh

Reactions: 2 users
Seems like all of these recent IIs and rejections have been from end of July, beginning of August complete dates, and here I am sitting in silence with an early July complete date. Smh

Same lol. Same

Reactions: 1 user
I'm completed Early Sept, any one finish then and hear anything?

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know why only 65 students matched last year? Seems very low for such a good program
Hmmm, that's interesting. I've heard on other threads that sometimes dual degree students can skew the results. They are counted as "unmatched" since they are waiting another year (or multiple years in the case of PhD's) to actually apply for residencies. I don't know if that would necessarily account for that large gap though. Do you mind linking your source so I can take a look?

Hmmm, that's interesting. I've heard on other threads that sometimes dual degree students can skew the results. They are counted as "unmatched" since they are waiting another year (or multiple years in the case of PhD's) to actually apply for residencies. I don't know if that would necessarily account for that large gap though. Do you mind linking your source so I can take a look?

It’s a Match! Geisel Students Discover Their Future

Also, their match list is available on their website. Seems like in past years 80 match (other 10 from dual degrees seems reasonable).