Feb 12, 2018
Status
Pre-Medical
Jul 30, 2018
Status
Pre-Medical
Just wanted to share some info I heard on my interview day for those of you still waiting to hear back: the director of admissions told us that they are still in the active process of reading apps and giving interviews. They said although some schools this time of the year would be almost considered "late", they are still early-ish in their cycle. So hang in there, the waiting sucks but I think that's good news for people waiting to hear back. They also rank everyone after interviews and most people hear back around March (so basically non-rolling?!), with a few people hearing back much earlier after their interview day, if they're highly ranked on the list

Jun 5, 2018
+1 R. Complete Late July

Master Thinker

2+ Year Member
Jan 10, 2015
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
Pre-II R! I don't have any rural health experience which may have played a role lol

Unlimited Apps

King of Appetizers
Jun 8, 2018
Status
I submitted in 09/10 and my application just says Your App is Ready! Do they send rejection notifications before II?
If you scroll through the past comments on this thread, you can probably figure out whether or not they reject pre-II.

(Hint: they do)

flipfloptheocean

2+ Year Member
Aug 6, 2014
Status
Pre-Medical
May 31, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
Does Dartmouth send "still under consideration" or "deferred" like emails?
That's not really how their system works. They're essentially a non-rolling school that tries to get a jump on their top candidates. After every interview day, they score candidates, and at the end of the cycle determine what their admit/waitlist threshold scores are.

They explained the system at the interview day.

Jun 29, 2018
Status
Pre-II R, complete 8/3

May 16, 2018
Status
Pre-Medical
Got that pre-II axe as well!

Oct 12, 2018
Any MSTP applicants still in silence? Complete mid-August.

Aug 28, 2018
At this point I don't care about the pre-II axe, I just wanna hear back already. The waiting is the worst
This is not any consolation, but if you have the extra time read through last year's thread starting from around October/November. It's actually hilarious and gave me a much better idea of how much Dartmouth spreads out its decisions. We got this!!

Oct 8, 2018
Does anyone notice this last account log in on the bottom right of their profile? Does this mean when adcom last visited your info?

mrs_peanutbutter1996

SDN Bronze Donor
Bronze Donor
2+ Year Member
Jan 5, 2015
Status
Pre-Medical
Does anyone know why only 65 students matched last year? Seems very low for such a good program

Aug 28, 2018
Does anyone know why only 65 students matched last year? Seems very low for such a good program
Hmmm, that's interesting. I've heard on other threads that sometimes dual degree students can skew the results. They are counted as "unmatched" since they are waiting another year (or multiple years in the case of PhD's) to actually apply for residencies. I don't know if that would necessarily account for that large gap though. Do you mind linking your source so I can take a look?

mrs_peanutbutter1996

SDN Bronze Donor
Bronze Donor
2+ Year Member
Jan 5, 2015
Status
Pre-Medical
Hmmm, that's interesting. I've heard on other threads that sometimes dual degree students can skew the results. They are counted as "unmatched" since they are waiting another year (or multiple years in the case of PhD's) to actually apply for residencies. I don't know if that would necessarily account for that large gap though. Do you mind linking your source so I can take a look?
It’s a Match! Geisel Students Discover Their Future

Also, their match list is available on their website. Seems like in past years 80 match (other 10 from dual degrees seems reasonable).