2018-2019 Dartmouth Geisel School of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yeah. Some MSTP applicants have already received their interviews

Because I think I might be one of those guys. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Rejected Pre-II. OOS. Complete 7/25

:( this process is soul sucking

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Lol, I hope not. Cause I'm also waiting.

O man I’m so out of this race, I’ve lost all hope and planning on leaving the country. I also joked about leaving the country, and now I’m actually applying for jobs overseas to leave. Seriously... someone wanting to come in the country could just take my spot hahaha

O man I’m so out of this race, I’ve lost all hope and planning on leaving the country. I also joked about leaving the country, and now I’m actually applying for jobs overseas to leave. Seriously... someone wanting to come in the country could just take my spot hahaha

Dont lose hope!!! The very fact that the schools havent rejected us yet indicates that we may still be in the running.

Dont lose hope!!! The very fact that the schools havent rejected us yet indicates that we may still be in the running.

Maybe man just maybe. Maybe one day we could impact science and medicine and be skilled physician scientists.

Members don't see this ad :)
Omg it looks like they're really behind on apps. All these recent posts are from people who completed in July...

Complete late august and looks like I won't be hearing from them anytime soon

Omg it looks like they're really behind on apps. All these recent posts are from people who completed in July...

Complete late august and looks like I won't be hearing from them anytime soon
No, you won't. They are intentionally slow.

Damn complete mid July and have yet to hear anything. Woe is me.

Small class size, small admissions committee and they're looking for this tight family feel. When you get to the interview, it's apparent and some of the admissions people even make you feel like they're your parents/grandparents lol.

They also really care about the applicant profile and non-trads. so combine small committee + rigorous review = takes a lot longer to make decisions.

Reactions: 6 users
Small class size, small admissions committee and they're looking for this tight family feel. When you get to the interview, it's apparent and some of the admissions people even make you feel like they're your parents/grandparents lol.

They also really care about the applicant profile and non-trads. so combine small committee + rigorous review = takes a lot longer to make decisions.

I would be a great fit here lol!

Reactions: 5 users
Accepted today. Interviewed on 10/23. Will be turning down the offer.

Reactions: 2 users
II today, complete early/mid aug.

Reactions: 7 users
R today. Kind of sad. Good luck everyone!

R Friday pre-II, complete early August. Pretty sad about this one. :( Good luck to everyone else still in the running!

Has mstp contacted anyone with rejections?

I forget, did they say most of us would hear back in March or April?

II last week. The email was in my "Social" rather than "Primary" inbox so I'd keep a pulse on that if you're waiting to hear back. I sent in my secondary in mid-July. Good luck!

Reactions: 3 users
II today complete early August.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Sorry if this has been answered (can't find it) but is Dartmouth receptive to ITA requests? Don't think I can afford yet another flight to the east coast. :(

Hi all!
Just received an II here yesterday and am sooo excited! I have to be in for two nights and therefore need to book a hotel. Does anyone have any recommendations on the cheapest hotels on the lists they gave us?
Thank you so much!!! =)

Reactions: 3 users
Hi all!
Just received an II here yesterday and am sooo excited! I have to be in for two nights and therefore need to book a hotel. Does anyone have any recommendations on the cheapest hotels on the lists they gave us?
Thank you so much!!! =)
Congrats! When were you complete?

Hi all!
Thank you so much!!! =)

Congrats! I stayed in the Holiday Inn Express in White River Junction because it was by far the cheapest option for my interview day. It's a 6 mile, quick 15 minute drive. If you have a car, then great; otherwise, you'll have to reserve a taxi ahead of time (or take your chances at the one or two Ubers that are there).

Congrats! When were you complete?
Congrats! I stayed in the Holiday Inn Express in White River Junction because it was by far the cheapest option for my interview day. It's a 6 mile, quick 15 minute drive. If you have a car, then great; otherwise, you'll have to reserve a taxi ahead of time (or take your chances at the one or two Ubers that are there).

I also stayed here. It’s cheaper and it’s very quiet which was nice!

For people who already interviewed and had to fly, did you have to stay two nights in Hanover? I'm trying to look for a flight the night after my interview and they're all like 16 hours lol

For people who already interviewed and had to fly, did you have to stay two nights in Hanover? I'm trying to look for a flight the night after my interview and they're all like 16 hours lol
I drove 10 hrs after my interview, I highly recommend staying another night, the interview day was long AF.

I drove 10 hrs after my interview, I highly recommend staying another night, the interview day was long AF.
Damn I was afraid of that, okay thank you for the advice!

Does anybody know if they provide breakfast on the interview day?

Does anybody know if they provide breakfast on the interview day?
Not that I remember, they do have a coffee machine that makes coffee hot enough to burn off all your tastebuds so beware!

Not that I remember, they do have a coffee machine that makes coffee hot enough to burn off all your tastebuds so beware!
Lmao thanks for the heads up, any other interview tips while I’ve your attention

Lmao thanks for the heads up, any other interview tips while I’ve your attention
Don’t dazzle them and steal my spot ;)
In all seriousness, I felt like this interview was awesome. Everyone is super excited to show you the school. My interviewers and I had a lot in common so I think they try to match you up so the interview is conversational. I didn’t get weird questions so just be you.

I really like it here, but am wondering if anyone else had a stranger interview experience? I’ve had 6 interviews, but this was the only one where I felt like I was being questioned in a way that indicated I wasn’t supposed to really be there or was unqualified to be interviewing there. I mean, they invited me to interview, so it might’ve just been my imagination. I would love to come here, but don’t feel too optimistic after my interview.

Last edited: