Aug 15, 2017
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
Just popping in with a word of encouragement for those waiting from fall...it doesn't necessarily mean you're rejected! I interviewed November 2, 2017 and didn't hear anything until April 6, 2018, and it was an acceptance! The wait was brutal because I wasn't in anywhere else and it was my top choice. Many tears were shed very publicly when I got the email.

Good luck!!! :luck:

Sep 18, 2018
Also, the paper describing the steps for financial aid said that the due date is April 15. Which is the real deadline?
They told us during the interview that Apr 1st is the real deadline even though the paper says Apr 15th. However, they said that they would still accept the forms after that date if necessary.

Reactions: sherm123
Aug 15, 2017
Status
really random question but why do you guys think Dartmouth is ranked so low?
If you look at the methodology of the research rankings, it's heavily based on research activity, which is broken down into total NIH activity and NIH activity per faculty member. Each year US News keeps upping how heavily it weights this category. Dartmouth is a small school; it's by far the smallest of the Ivies, and while other Ivy Leagues really live by the "Those who can't do, teach" motto, the faculty at Dartmouth are there because they are primarily interested in teaching. These characteristics hurt Dartmouth's rank when fed into this kind of algorithm.

https://www.usnews.com/education/best-graduate-schools/articles/medical-schools-methodology

Nov 14, 2018
Did anyone else get a heart attack today regarding the "interview day feedback" e-mail? I interviewed mid-Feb for context. Are people thinking we may hear back this week, or wait until next week?

Reactions: Guwop335

deweystrontium

2+ Year Member
Jun 2, 2015
New England
Status
Interviewed late Jan and still waiting for a decision.

flipfloptheocean

2+ Year Member
Aug 6, 2014
Status
Pre-Medical
Have any post interview Rs been sent out?

Jun 14, 2017
Status
Has anyone who interviewed early in the season and not heard back yet tried calling the admissions office for an update? They told us we would hear in March and... well... it's April lol
I think the majority of us are still in the dark unfortunately. I thought today was going to be the day.

cassie233

SDN Gold Donor
Gold Donor
Dec 16, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
Has anyone who interviewed early in the season and not heard back yet tried calling the admissions office for an update? They told us we would hear in March and... well... it's April lol
I emailed them because I was also told March and they said that their last admissions committee meeting was yesterday and that we will know by April 15th.

Aug 8, 2018
Status
I emailed them because I was also told March and they said that their last admissions committee meeting was yesterday and that we will know by April 15th.
but do you think all of the acceptances have been given out and april 15th will be only WL and R news?

Apr 5, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
but do you think all of the acceptances have been given out and april 15th will be only WL and R news?
Yea if this week was their last committee meeting why would they wait to hand out acceptances? I might be being a pessimist, but I took no news as a silent rejection today...

cassie233

SDN Gold Donor
Gold Donor
Dec 16, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
I mean, probably, is my guess.

Overall, hearing back about initial decisions this late is pretty unprofessional, in my opinion. We have to narrow down to 3 medical schools based on traffic rules by April 15th and a large factor that I consider is financial aid. I can't imagine that they would inform me of both my financial aid package and a potential acceptance before April 15th. And they know this, so yeah. I am assuming it is probably WL or Rs next week.

Of course, I say this with the hope that I am wrong, but you know...

Jun 14, 2017
Status
I mean, probably, is my guess.

Overall, hearing back about initial decisions this late is pretty unprofessional, in my opinion. We have to narrow down to 3 medical schools based on traffic rules by April 15th and a large factor that I consider is financial aid. I can't imagine that they would inform me of both my financial aid package and a potential acceptance before April 15th. And they know this, so yeah. I am assuming it is probably WL or Rs next week.

Of course, I say this with the hope that I am wrong, but you know...
If I get a waitlist next week I will be spicy. I’ve waiting since October o_O

Reactions: cassie233