Oct 19, 2018
there have been some on Mondays, too. Last year the last round of decisions before second look went out on a Monday, and then the Rs came the Tuesday after second look weekend. not that I've been reading all the old threads or anything...
good to know. Do you know when second look weekend is?

Sep 12, 2018
I think if you interviewed late March, it is safe to say you will not be attending second look due to how close your interview was.
Not necessarily! Someone asked this on my interview day in late March. The answer was "yes and no"-- as in, if you are getting a "yes" you'll know before second look, but you would have to live in the area in order to make making plans for second look feasible

YellowCharmander

2+ Year Member
Oct 27, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
Do you think we will hear back from Dartmouth this week? I've been left in the dark since November lol not much time left

Jun 14, 2017
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
I'm pulling for an upset folks. Making the bold call that people will be accepted tomorrow, with my logic mostly being that they have an outside shot of attending second look on Friday (or at least I think it's Friday?).
I’m putting my money on your wisdom pooppooppoop

sherm123

2+ Year Member
Mar 11, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
The link you provided doesn't work. Can you send another please?
Basically, the post is just noting that geisel tuition has gone up again. Now, it's at $65,383/year. Yay student loans!

Ama4

ToFreedom
Mar 15, 2018
Status
Pre-Medical
Can someone please answer this.
  • How's the curriculum
  1. Is it P/F
  2. Traditional 2+2
  3. PBL or lecture?
  4. Mandatory classes, recorded lecture, both?
  • What's the class size
  • How are clinical rotations?
  • Is the school laid back or more intense?

Trying to compile my pros and cons between schools. Thanks

Dec 17, 2018
Can someone please answer this.
  • How's the curriculum

1. Is it P/F
  2. Traditional 2+2
  3. PBL or lecture?
  4. Mandatory classes, recorded lecture, both?

• What's the class size
  • How are clinical rotations?
  • Is the school laid back or more intense?
Trying to compile my pros and cons between schools. Thanks
This is just from memory so you guys can correct me if I'm wrong.

1. P/F preclinical. Honors/HighPass/Pass/Fail for clerkships
2. 1.5 years preclinical
3. Lecture
4. Recorded lecture, not mandatory

Class size: about 100

Clinical rotations: There are different sites all over the country (California, Alaska, New Mexico) along with Dartmouth Hitchcock medical center and a VA hospital in Vermont. I think they mentioned it's a lottery system with who ends up at which rotation site but since the class size is pretty small I don't think they would screw anyone over by randomly assigning you to Alaska when you don't want to be there.

Laid back or more intense? Not sure I've heard mixed responses.

May 3, 2018
Status
Pre-Medical
Yea if this week was their last committee meeting why would they wait to hand out acceptances? I might be being a pessimist, but I took no news as a silent rejection today...
Maybe after the final meeting they need sometime to organize all interviewee’s rating, form a ranked list, determine a threshold....

Jk, sounds like it takes 5 minutes at most with MS Excel

sherm123

2+ Year Member
Mar 11, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
hahah I called and they said that they will get back to us this week or next week and it will not mostly likely be in time for second look
So does this mean they are still giving out acceptances? :unsure:

Jun 14, 2017
Status
hahah I called and they said that they will get back to us this week or next week and it will not mostly likely be in time for second look
What could they possibly be doing

Jan 24, 2018
Status
Pre-Medical
I just got waitlisted via email.

Jun 14, 2017
Status
Oct 19, 2018
ahh this is scary. Did anyone who got an email today get an R? Getting scared that I didn't get a WL email today

Reactions: Msimas
Nov 14, 2018
I got wait-listed around 11:00 today. Interviewed 3rd week of Feb. Anyone know how many people are typically waitlisted/get off wait list?

sherm123

2+ Year Member
Mar 11, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
WL just a moment ago. Interviewed in october.