Jun 14, 2017
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
Also, are we thinking all of the acceptances have gone out at this point?
I don’t even know what to think anymore

Reactions: CHSNY

ucevla

2+ Year Member
Aug 30, 2016
Status
Interviewed all the way back in September and JUST got the WL email! wow.

Reactions: Msimas

sherm123

2+ Year Member
Mar 11, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
so many waitlists holy cow

Jun 14, 2017
Status
I feel like acceptances go out on Fridays, so I believe you have a good chance
Idk, it seems suspicious that they wouldn’t give everyone the chance to go to second look but I appreciate the positive vibes!

Reactions: roomi93 and ick19
Apr 11, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
WL earlier this morning via email. Completed in Sep 2018 and interviewed late Feb 2019. Good luck everyone.

YellowCharmander

2+ Year Member
Oct 27, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
I counted 13 WL reported on SDN alone today. MSAR says they only WLed 20-30 last year. So I would say it’s likely all the WL went out today?

Jun 14, 2017
Status
You have been accepted to three schools already! CALM DOWN! It will be ok haha
I know I know, it’s just one of my top choices and I’m tired of waiting. Six whole months

Dec 18, 2018
I know I know, it’s just one of my top choices and I’m tired of waiting. Six whole months
Think of it this way... if you don't get in, you will have less debt. if you do, then YAY for your top choice! at the end of the day, you will be a doctor and that is what matters most

Jun 14, 2017
Status
Think of it this way... if you don't get in, you will have less debt. if you do, then YAY for your top choice! at the end of the day, you will be a doctor and that is what matters most
Too wise

8522DA06-DE04-498B-807B-41D56DE111B4.jpeg

Jun 14, 2017
Status
Annnnd results are in, waitlisted

Interviewed 10/03 I think

Reactions: madlaham
Jun 14, 2017
Status
Sep 12, 2018
Also got the r, interviewed on the last day so hopes weren't high going in, but still really liked the school :/

BOAO523

2+ Year Member
Apr 6, 2016
Does anyone know if Geisel is known for giving merit or aid scholarships in their financial aid packages?

Apr 15, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Is anybody else still waiting for their post interview decision here? I still haven't been told anything and I thought they said we'd hear back by April 15th...

Ama4

ToFreedom
Mar 15, 2018
Status
Pre-Medical
Does anyone have a link for the incoming student checklist? I'm trying top get all my ducks in a row

Aug 15, 2017
Status
Any current students know how clerkships are graded? Is AOA awarded before or after match?
The student handbook outlines all the policies (full thing here: https://geiselmed.dartmouth.edu/faculty/pdf/geisel_student_policy_handbook_public.pdf ), but here's the relevant excerpt:

Your Student Academic Profile

During the first two years, no formal rank list is generated. Student promotion from year to year is based only on the student’s total academic record (courses passed, courses failed, and courses passed but only marginally). At the end of the third year, it becomes necessary to generate a more detailed academic profile of each student that considers overall academic achievements, and helps determine standing within a class. For example, Alpha Omega Alpha (AOA) the national medical honor society, begins to select members at the end of the third year, and students are eligible if they are within the top quarter of the class academically. Other criteria for election to AOA are then applied to students in the top quarter, including citizenship, leadership, character, and community service. While in fourth year internship and residency programs, the AOA insists on seeing: • Student’s overall academic record as documented on the academic transcript • How grades are distributed within each clerkship • How a student stands within his or her own class based on academic performance At the end of year 4, the top quarter of the class is also eligible to graduate from Geisel with honors. The relative academic position of each student is based on the number of honors in the six core clerkships in year 3.

Reactions: nighthawwwk
Apr 11, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
There are 180 members on facebook accepted list for a class target of 92 students

Assuming that every accepted student is already on this facebook list, 87 accepted students need to withdraw their acceptance before one of us on the waiting list is offered a spot. Not a favorable situation to start with?

sherm123

2+ Year Member
Mar 11, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
There are 180 members on facebook accepted list for a class target of 92 students

Assuming that every accepted student is already on this facebook list, 87 accepted students need to withdraw their acceptance before one of us on the waiting list is offered a spot. Not a favorable situation to start with?
Yeah. But are none of them current students? And perhaps some of them have withdrawn but haven't left the group? Lots of speculation here.

Apr 11, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Yeah. But are none of them current students? And perhaps some of them have withdrawn but haven't left the group? Lots of speculation here.
True, but there must be some accepted, but not part of the facebook group. You're right, we don't know and certainly hard to tell. We can only try to make sense of data we have access to.