May 31, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
Seems unlikely. Think about what it would imply to have 0 waitlist movement: the adcom would have had to perfectly predicted their yield assuming a fixed number of new entrants. Any overestimate and you're over-enrolled, any underestimate and you don't have a full class. It's hard for me to imagine that ANY school would make so many outright acceptance offers that they would have a non-negligible chance of no waitlist movement--because that would imply they are taking at least an equivalent (if not greater!) chance of being over-enrolled.

Reactions: sherm123
Aug 15, 2017
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
There are 180 members on facebook accepted list for a class target of 92 students

Assuming that every accepted student is already on this facebook list, 87 accepted students need to withdraw their acceptance before one of us on the waiting list is offered a spot. Not a favorable situation to start with?
There are 180 members on facebook accepted list for a class target of 92 students

Assuming that every accepted student is already on this facebook list, 87 accepted students need to withdraw their acceptance before one of us on the waiting list is offered a spot. Not a favorable situation to start with?
You shouldn't try to ascertain the fullness of the class or likelihood of WL movement based on the size of the Facebook group. A LOT of the group members are current students!

Reactions: sherm123
Oct 27, 2018
They said on my interview day (Early October) that they were going to shoot for 270 acceptances and the rest waitlists. Either the FB page is a very poor indicator, or they are waitlisting a lot more than last year due to the AAMC traffic rules. :shrug:

sherm123

2+ Year Member
Mar 11, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
They said on my interview day (Early October) that they were going to shoot for 270 acceptances and the rest waitlists. Either the FB page is a very poor indicator, or they are waitlisting a lot more than last year due to the AAMC traffic rules. :shrug:
So that's possibly a good thing for everyone on the waitlist? It definitely seems like they waitlisted a ton of people based on the number of people who commented on this thread.

Apr 11, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Anyone know how to withdraw an acceptance from the portal?
I can see options under "Admissions Decision" section in portal to accept or withdraw from the waitlist. I would imagine that similar options exist for accepted students? Regardless, you can send the admissions office an email to let them know.

Aug 8, 2018
Status
do you guys think dartmouth's waitlist consists of 40 people based on the msar? and they take 10-30 people off of it in a given year?

sherm123

2+ Year Member
Mar 11, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
do you guys think dartmouth's waitlist consists of 40 people based on the msar? and they take 10-30 people off of it in a given year?
I sure hope so... But I personally don't have any idea what's accurate or not

sherm123

2+ Year Member
Mar 11, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
they waitlist about 250 people... not everyone accepts the waitlist offer though
I wonder how many people are actually on the waitlist then. Like the ones who accepted the position and don't intend to drop it for another school.

Ama4

ToFreedom
Mar 15, 2018
Status
Pre-Medical
Does Geisel give us a stethoscope? I believe they give us Ipads, and what else do you think we may need to buy ourselves?

Aug 15, 2017
Status
Does Geisel give us a stethoscope? I believe they give us Ipads, and what else do you think we may need to buy ourselves?
You'll need to buy your own stethoscope, reflex hammer, and tuning fork. They'll give you the option to buy other things (like an oto/opthalmoscope, bp cuff, etc), but I'd advice against buying anything other than what's required because the rest will be in every exam room you're ever going to be in.

Reactions: tasha8

airceezy

2+ Year Member
Dec 19, 2015
Status
Pre-Medical
Edit: Got the confirmed interest call! No set date for when A’s will start to go out for WL people

Last edited:
Oct 1, 2018
Received an acceptance call this morning :') my first and only interview, my first and only waitlist, & my first and only acceptance! dreams really do come true!!!!!
Congrats!!! Did you send any updates/letters after you were waitlisted?

• Love
Reactions: CarpeDiem1993
Apr 11, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Just a week after my interview 2/28 I sent an update letter/letter of intent. I was actually drafting another letter of intent the night before the call.
Congrats. I thought May 15 will be the start of the waitlist movement according to portal. This is encouraging that the movements have started.
Do you mind sharing your stats?

Mar 23, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Congrats. I thought May 15 will be the start of the waitlist movement according to portal. This is encouraging that the movements have started.
Do you mind sharing your stats?
Sure! URM 3.83 Science 3.86 Culmative, 514 MCAT, heavy research focus, double major, interested in rural medicine/global health. Anything else?

Apr 11, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Sure! URM 3.83 Science 3.86 Culmative, 514 MCAT, heavy research focus, double major, interested in rural medicine/global health. Anything else?
Well deserved. Very happy for you. Congrats once again, enjoy the moment.

Mar 23, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Well deserved. Very happy for you. Congrats once again, enjoy the moment.
I hope everyone else gets to hear good news too! From what I’ve seen there’s been a good amount of withdraws so I think a good chunk of the class will come from the waitlist.

Reactions: roomi93
Apr 11, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
I hope everyone else gets to hear good news too! From what I’ve seen there’s been a good amount of withdraws so I think a good chunk of the class will come from the waitlist.
I'm sure hoping for the good news, but was not expecting it until later in May. By the way, where did you see the high count of withdraws? I only have seen a few on this forum

Mar 23, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
I'm sure hoping for the good news, but was not expecting it until later in May. By the way, where did you see the high count of withdraws? I only have seen a few on this forum
Well, I'm inferring if people are posting withdraws then there must be the same number of people withdrawing but not posting on SDN.

Apr 11, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Also accepted today!! Sent in letters of interest and updates since my interview early in the cycle
Congrats to you too. Will you be attending? They must have sent out a bunch of acceptances today off the waitlist.

Snow2232

2+ Year Member
Sep 6, 2016
Status
Withdrew from waitlist this morning, best of luck everyone!

Reactions: sherm123 and BRM797

YellowCharmander

2+ Year Member
Oct 27, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
WL movement should start by mid May according to Portal. Let's hope it does with some scale starting tomorrow. By the way, this has been a very quiet thread lately. I wonder why? are we all tired from waiting
Not much to talk about. We are all just sitting around waiting. Every morning I wake up and stare at my phone from 8am-5pm.

Reactions: whaling.around