May 14, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
What numbers were given on interview day?
on my interview day, they said that, of the roughly seven hundred people they interview, one third are accepted, one third are waitlisted, and one third are rejected...

MSAR doesn’t make any sense. it says that they put ten to thirty people on the waitlist each year and then grant acceptances to forty people off the waitlist. wonky for sure, unless i’m misunderstanding.

Sep 18, 2018
on my interview day, they said that, of the roughly seven hundred people they interview, one third are accepted, one third are waitlisted, and one third are rejected...

MSAR doesn’t make any sense. it says that they put ten to thirty people on the waitlist each year and then grant acceptances to forty people off the waitlist. wonky for sure, unless i’m misunderstanding.
Very wonky. Maybe those 2 numbers are switched somehow and they accept 10-30 of the 40 on the WL?

May 31, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
Just as reasonable to think it's supposed to be 40 of the 100-300. The MSAR values are clearly wrong, and I don't think much can be read in to them (where have I heard that before?).

Reactions: madlaham
May 14, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Just as reasonable to think it's supposed to be 40 of the 100-300. The MSAR values are clearly wrong, and I don't think much can be read in to them (where have I heard that before?).
yeah, potentially. i just think it’s kind of odd that they would have the same error on MSAR two years in a row. it noted something similar last year.

Sep 18, 2018
That would make more sense if they WL ~1/3 of the ~755 interviewees, but who knows.

USNWR says they interview 707, accept 278 and enroll 92. So if 1/3 (236) are accepted outright, 42 would be accepted off of the WL.