Oct 5, 2018
First II, ironically at my alma mater.

There's a section in the "Coursework and Experiences" for "Clinical competencies" but I have no coursework to cover that, and my experiences aren't showing up in the list. Is this an error on their part?

EDIT: IS, go birds
what did you end up putting for the clinical competencies? my section is only showing options for coursework as well

djsbaseball2014

2+ Year Member
Dec 29, 2014
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
what did you end up putting for the clinical competencies? my section is only showing options for coursework as well
Im pretty sure it said don't worry about clinical competencies just put any coursework that might apply, they will ask you that during interviews etc

Reactions: soontobedoc123
Oct 29, 2018
If you're talking about under the interview tab, you don't necessarily need to have taken coursework that fulfills clinical competencies. You could get this elsewhere (volunteering, scribing, etc.). I didn't check any of the boxes here because all of my clinical work was done outside of courses, and I had no issues.

Oct 5, 2018
Im pretty sure it said don't worry about clinical competencies just put any coursework that might apply, they will ask you that during interviews etc
If you're talking about under the interview tab, you don't necessarily need to have taken coursework that fulfills clinical competencies. You could get this elsewhere (volunteering, scribing, etc.). I didn't check any of the boxes here because all of my clinical work was done outside of courses, and I had no issues.
perfect, thank you!

Premed Hopes & Dreams

2+ Year Member
Jan 21, 2015
Status
Hey all! Happy Thanksgiving! I had my interview here yesterday and my faculty interviewer was so warm and amazing. I had a great interview experience so if you're stressed out, just know it'll be okay. I hope you all have a great experience like me. Best of luck to all! :)

Melchizedek

Fastest Draw To WW
Gold Donor
2+ Year Member
Nov 24, 2016
Status
Medical Student
Jul 7, 2018
Status
Does anybody remember if the school used in house exams vs NBME exams? I think I remember them saying “step style” questions but I think those are still considered in house

physiogirl2019

2+ Year Member
Feb 26, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
any tips for the interview? i'm flying in next week! :)

yakarma11

2+ Year Member
Jun 16, 2016
Status
any tips for the interview? i'm flying in next week! :)
Very relaxing conversation. I guess it depends on the interviewer. There is a lunch interviewer (3-4 students to 1 M1 student). Faculty and student interviewer rank you on 1-5 scale, which factors into admission decision

Reactions: krazyape5
Sep 10, 2018
How many of y'all still haven't heard anything pre-II (no hold)? And have they done any rejections here pre-II yet? (I read the last couple pages hopefuly not a duplicate post).

Reactions: girlwithwings
Feb 3, 2018
How many of y'all still haven't heard anything pre-II (no hold)? And have they done any rejections here pre-II yet? (I read the last couple pages hopefuly not a duplicate post).
+4, complete 8/20. People on this thread complete late August have already reported IIs, whatever that means for us mid-August completers. And it looks like they are only doing post-interview R's...for now.

Sep 10, 2018
va, usa
Status
Pre-Medical
Mar 17, 2018
Status
Pre-Medical
Interviewing tomorrow and wondering if there is space to store luggage during the day? I have a train an hour after the interview is over and don't know if I'll have time to get back to my hotel and to the train station, too!

Feb 12, 2018
Status
Pre-Medical
To those who are still waiting to hear back, stay hopeful! Interviewed here yesterday and an admin said they had only gone through about 1/2 the applications so far.

They also said they may end up sending more IIs than in past years due to the new traffic rules.

KaioKaizen

Spaghet Boi
Mar 16, 2018
Status
Pre-Medical
Big R from Drexel
O O O O U U U U U F
Good luck to the rest of yall!

Sep 10, 2018
va, usa
Status
Pre-Medical
Sep 10, 2018
va, usa
Status
Pre-Medical
I was complete back in July I think. But I should have mentioned this was post-II
I hope you get good news soon from somewhere else <3 rooting for you

KaioKaizen

Spaghet Boi
Mar 16, 2018
Status
Pre-Medical
Sorry to hear that, guys :/ Can I ask when you were complete? Trying to gauge if I might be next
Same as the other guy

Also post-interview 9/24

Reactions: catsandbio
Feb 12, 2018
Status
Pre-Medical
Same as the other guy

Also post-interview 9/24
I’m sorry to hear that you guys :/

Can I ask whether either of you were waitlisted prior to getting the R? I just interviewed Monday and I’m wondering what their turnaround A/W/R times are looking like.

Best of luck to you both in the rest of the cycle!

Reactions: deltaco124
Oct 29, 2018
I’m sorry to hear that you guys :/

Can I ask whether either of you were waitlisted prior to getting the R? I just interviewed Monday and I’m wondering what their turnaround A/W/R times are looking like.

Best of luck to you both in the rest of the cycle!
On your portal it should list the weeks they plan to send out post-interview decisions (typically in the middle of the month each month). If they review your app then they will send you an acceptance, deferral, or rejection, during those weeks.

acciobutterbeer

2+ Year Member
Sep 8, 2015
Status
On your portal it should list the weeks they plan to send out post-interview decisions (typically in the middle of the month each month). If they review your app then they will send you an acceptance, deferral, or rejection, during those weeks.
They haven’t been restricting decisions only to those dates

Reactions: ctvlf6
Aug 6, 2018
Mine is still under review
Same here. But based on an earlier post it seems like they just haven’t gotten to us yet.

Edit: Here is the earlier post with that info
To those who are still waiting to hear back, stay hopeful! Interviewed here yesterday and an admin said they had only gone through about 1/2 the applications so far.

They also said they may end up sending more IIs than in past years due to the new traffic rules.

Reactions: ctvlf6

swaggerdoodle

2+ Year Member
May 10, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
Sorry to hear that. Complete date?
Honestly, I'm not surprised. I was complete really late (9/30), so I was kind of expecting the pre-II R. A late completion couldn't have been avoided this cycle (late MCAT, my undergrad committee letter only coming in around September, etc.) but there may be next cycle.

SpeedaBoY

2+ Year Member
Feb 19, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
What’s the interview like at Drexel? MMI or traditional? Open file or closed?

II last week, complete early July

Master Thinker

2+ Year Member
Jan 10, 2015
Status
What’s the interview like at Drexel? MMI or traditional? Open file or closed?

II last week, complete early July
1 traditional open 1-1, pretty chill with no gotcha questions. Student giving the tour evaluates you as well...though I think as long as you don't diss the school then you should be fine.

Reactions: SpeedaBoY

mariposas905

2+ Year Member
Mar 14, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
Honestly, I'm not surprised. I was complete really late (9/30), so I was kind of expecting the pre-II R. A late completion couldn't have been avoided this cycle (late MCAT, my undergrad committee letter only coming in around September, etc.) but there may be next cycle.
I’m not sure your rejection was because of a late completion. Despite being complete late, they still reviewed your file in time to make a decision while people complete much earlier have not even heard back yet (me). I was complete at a school on Nov 15th and got an II from them so you never know what it could have been :shrug: if they liked your app a lot, they probably would have offered an II upon initial review

Last edited:
Reactions: Freddywap