2018-2019 Drexel University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
did anyone hear anything today?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone else get an email saying their app is on hold (pre II)?

Reactions: 2 users
Has anyone who was put on a pre-ii hold been offered an interview?

Reactions: 3 users
Do any current students have any insight that they can provide about rotations/rotation sites? Also would love help as far as housing and what options are available. Feel free to respond or to personally message :) thank you in advance!

I can do my best to answer!

Anyone knows when we will hear back about aid and scholarships?

Hah. Who knows lol there is no real answer to this and it could be in June before you hear a thing.

Does Drexel have a second look day in the spring?

In March/April usually, depends a lot on when spring break is and student availability

Can any current students comment on third-year rotations? How many clerkships ended up being at the primary teaching hospital (Hahnemann) vs sites around Philly/the surrounding area? Were the majority of sites receptive to having/teaching medical students? Also did you feel like having the hospitals so far away was an annoyance in the preclinical years for things like shadowing/research?

Thanks!!

It is very student dependent as to how many clerkships you have at HUH or any other site. I have zero at HUH because that is what I wanted. All sites seem to be receptive to students from what I am told from classmates and my own experience.

Preclinical year shadowing is a nonissue. Every shadowing opportunity I has was either at HUH or St Chris. You won’t be shadowing at Easton or Allegheny.

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone think they'll be sending more acceptances today?
I've been watching this thread all week...I am also anxiously waiting for SOME news. Wish they didn't post those decision dates online...

Members don't see this ad :)
II today! OOS LM <70 complete late June
Latest date to book an interview was mid February

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

anyone completed the secondary in November in here besides me? Ha...feeling like I applied wayyy too late >_<

If we've already submitted an update letter via the portal, how do we go about submitting more than one since the option disappears for "update letter"?

Hey guys! I'll be interviewing at Drexel soon and wanted to get more information about interview day. Can anyone give me details about the day? Faculty and/or student? Open or closed file? How long? Is there an essay prompt? Appreciate the help and thanks in advance!

Reactions: 1 user
Hey guys! I'll be interviewing at Drexel soon and wanted to get more information about interview day. Can anyone give me details about the day? Faculty and/or student? Open or closed file? How long? Is there an essay prompt? Appreciate the help and thanks in advance!

Hey! I interviewed on 11/19 and would love to help you out.

The interview is super relaxed and its overall tone seemed very conversational. You interview formally with a faculty member (open file) and have a lunch interview/evaluation with a student (closed file). The interview with the student was a little strange since three interviewees are assigned to each student and we were interviewed/evaluated over the course of lunch and a facility tour that was also given by the student. The lunch and tour took about two hours and then the interview with the faculty member took no more than 30 minutes. They asked about four or five super standard interview questions and then sent you back to the holding room to write the essay. You're given 30 minutes to answer a CASPer-type question but be aware that its all done on iPad so get used to typing on a screen.

Hope this helps!

Reactions: 5 users
Anyone who got deferred post interview last month hear anything this month?

Anyone who got deferred post interview last month hear anything this month?

Yes, I was put on hold last month. I sent in an update after the hold and was accepted about a week ago!! Update included another volunteer involvement and more clinical hours (medical assistant). Good luck to everyone waiting to hear!

Reactions: 10 users
II on 12/20! Was completed 8/25 and thought I was not going to hear from them at all so pretty excited!

Reactions: 6 users
Put on pre-II hold today, LM about 70, and complete mid august

Drexel app was complete on 09/12. CASPer made it in the next week, so basically complete a bit past mid-Sept.
Should I be concerned that I did not get an II yet? It's literally January of 2019 and radio silence till now

Question: im interviewing here later this month. im from the south and have never seen snow. What to do people wear to the interviews if its snowing and stuff? specifically in terms of footwear

Question: im interviewing here later this month. im from the south and have never seen snow. What to do people wear to the interviews if its snowing and stuff? specifically in terms of footwear
I had interview there in November. There is no walking outside - everything is within one building . So just wear a warm jacket , gloves , hat . You can even wear warm shoes of some sort if you want and change them in the bathroom . I actually came in jeans and changed into s suit in a restroom . There is a place in the admissions office where you can leave everything - a closet of sorts .

0*CuIufkUeRUCb3bs_.

Still waiting on the fb group...

Reactions: 9 users
So are we only allowed 1 update letter? Or can we e-mail in more updates?

anyone go from hold to II? I've been on hold for a minute

Does anyone know if students host interveiwees overnight here?

Does anyone know if students host interveiwees overnight here?
I do not believe Drexel has a student host program. I interviewed in September and stayed at an Air BNB for about $30.