ciestar

All grown up! MS4!
5+ Year Member
Sep 18, 2013
Status
Medical Student
Sorry to tag onto AlphaDoctors Q but have you heard anything about Delmar Morris Apartments? They're close to the Avenue apartments.
Delmar Morris is in Germantown. I wouldnt recemmend it.

ciestar

All grown up! MS4!
5+ Year Member
Sep 18, 2013
Status
Medical Student
What would you recommend for nice 1x1 with solid amenities (a gym at the very least)
I lived in Falls Village and really liked it. The school does have a gym for use.

If you’re in the fb group, that is a great way to ask for other opinions on housing. From my understanding, Alden Park has nice amenities.

Reactions: AlphaDoctor

DocinCrocs

SDN Bronze Donor
Bronze Donor
Nov 29, 2018
Status
Pre-Medical
Does anyone know any information on the Drexel University bus system? Such as how frequently it goes between city center and Med campus, how reliable it is and price?

ciestar

All grown up! MS4!
5+ Year Member
Sep 18, 2013
Status
Medical Student
Does anyone know any information on the Drexel University bus system? Such as how frequently it goes between city center and Med campus, how reliable it is and price?

Costs nothing. Reliability is great, only thing you have to budget for is traffic, which can be AWFUL during rush hour.

Reactions: DocinCrocs

Vladimir7

2+ Year Member
Jun 25, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
any reason why youre saying monday specifically or just guessing
Just guessing. I kinda looked at past year thread then I looked at when a couple of us mid-March interviewees received our decisions this year.

Last year it seems that on May 10 (a Thursday which makes sense as its their reported application review day), many folks got waitlisted. Then on May 14 a decent amount of folks got pulled off the waitlist.

This year we got waitlisted on Monday May 6th.. and it seems like there were either no decisions released today or very little so idk.. the new AMCAS rules are also in play.

Oct 12, 2018
Just guessing. I kinda looked at past year thread then I looked at when a couple of us mid-March interviewees received our decisions this year.

Last year it seems that on May 10 (a Thursday which makes sense as its their reported application review day), many folks got waitlisted. Then on May 14 a decent amount of folks got pulled off the waitlist.

This year we got waitlisted on Monday May 6th.. and it seems like there were either no decisions released today or very little so idk.. the new AMCAS rules are also in play.
you really need to stop with this nonsense

Jun 26, 2018
has anyone had luck with sending an LOI before a decision was made post interview ? not expecting it too, just curious

Wahed

Tilapia
Gold Donor
2+ Year Member
Feb 18, 2017
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
Could someone link to the fb page for class of 2023? I’m having trouble finding it

Sep 18, 2018
I have a hunch forthcoming acceptances will be from the WL and post-II people with no word will end up with an insincere rejection when the class is filled. Unfortunately, I've been putting off moving plans based on this decision that they refuse to send.

Jun 26, 2018
I have a hunch forthcoming acceptances will be from the WL and post-II people with no word will end up with an insincere rejection when the class is filled. Unfortunately, I've been putting off moving plans based on this decision that they refuse to send.
when did you interview

Nov 11, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
same

Oct 5, 2018

Someone should look at drexel's stats here, I am hoping this means good news for the waitlist people!

Feb 5, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical

Someone should look at drexel's stats here, I am hoping this means good news for the waitlist people!
The data for Drexel on this spreadsheet is incorrect as far as I know. I think the actual post-interview acceptance rate is around 55%

Vladimir7

2+ Year Member
Jun 25, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
stay tuned for Vladimir7's analysis
Haha wow!! What a savage response, it’s funny though, I dig it, all in good fun :).

In any case, I’m analyzing the data as we speak, so far it looks slightly misleading.. some numbers correlate with MSAR but some don’t.. and MSAR itself is not 100% accurate either. Not sure yet, but I’ll keep y’all posted.

Reactions: Et_in_Arcadia_ego

Vladimir7

2+ Year Member
Jun 25, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
My current thoughts are as follows (again take this all with a grain of salt, if that).. the waitlist is ranked in some way sure, but people are also being PLACED on the waitlist in a specific pattern. I base this on the fact that thus far the “waitlist —> accepted” folks were interviewed around February. March interviewees were generally waitlisted after February interviewees, and should generally expect to be accepted after February interviewees have been accepted from the waitlist and so on.

Clearly however, high stats or especially sought-after applicants who did not butcher their interviews were accepted right off the bat.. this includes the folks in March, April that were accepted directly post-interview.

Oct 12, 2018
My current thoughts are as follows (again take this all with a grain of salt, if that).. the waitlist is ranked in some way sure, but people are also being PLACED on the waitlist in a specific pattern. I base this on the fact that thus far the “waitlist —> accepted” folks were interviewed around February. March interviewees were generally waitlisted after February interviewees, and should generally expect to be accepted after February interviewees have been accepted from the waitlist and so on.

Clearly however, high stats or especially sought-after applicants who did not butcher their interviews were accepted right off the bat.. this includes the folks in March, April that were accepted directly post-interview.
Wow great analyst report. Bravo

Reactions: Vladimir7
Jan 20, 2018

To reiterate, interviewed in Jan, WL late march. I have no idea why Drexel is doing this to me - if you're going to kill me, just do it quickly lol