2018-2019 Duke-NUS Graduate Medical School Application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone gotten interview offers lately? I am still waiting anxiously. I have a bad feeling ugh

Members don't see this ad.

We should get something by Feb. I doubt that they will receive many applications in Jan 19.

But I am seriously thinking about re-application.

Proteinworker, have you received an interview offer yet? Based on forums from previous years, applicants receive offers up till June/July just before classes are confirmed for the year.

Proteinworker, have you received an interview offer yet? Based on forums from previous years, applicants receive offers up till June/July just before classes are confirmed for the year.

Yes. I am actually waiting for interview result.:(

When did you submit your online application? Are you a Singaporean?

Members don't see this ad :)
I submitted mine on 2nd jan, so it has only been slightly over a week :( when did you submit yours?
yes i am, are you?

Still early. Relax. You may be invited for Applicant Day on 21 Jan or early Feb. I submitted around Aug.

No. Singapore PR. Possibly the smallest group in every intake. LOL.

Nah, 21 jan is pretty soon and I heard that they usually send out interview offers a week or two prior to the applicant day. I am really worried.
If aug, I'm pretty sure you should be hearing from them sooner than you think though :)

Nah, 21 jan is pretty soon and I heard that they usually send out interview offers a week or two prior to the applicant day. I am really worried.
If aug, I'm pretty sure you should be hearing from them sooner than you think though :)

Do you have significant volunteering experience?

Do you have significant volunteering experience?

I have some volunteering experiences but I have significant research experience. Why? Do you know about the selection process for singaporeans? I think they look more at grades and I don't have the best grades to be honest, very average and maybe even below lol.
Do you have volunteering/leadership/research exp?

I have some volunteering experiences but I have significant research experience. Why? Do you know about the selection process for singaporeans? I think they look more at grades and I don't have the best grades to be honest, very average and maybe even below lol.
Do you have volunteering/leadership/research exp?

I have super strong research experience but lack volunteering experience.

I was actually mocked by one interviewer for having little volunteering experience.;)

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone from the Nov 8th applicant day heard back from Duke-Nus?

We were on the same day at Durham, I think. I haven’t heard back either!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hi yes I remember talking to you on the applicant day! haha hang in there hopefully we will hear something back soon.

I was in Nov 9 Durham interview and have not received anything yet. Have anyone heard anything yet?

I contacted the admissions department. They mentioned while they continue to release offers up until june/july just before classes begin for that year, applicants should hear of an outcome by April. So I guess we all still have some time. Painful wait..... :(

Hi guys, would like some advice here. I will be in my final year of studies at NUS soon and have the option to do an internship or fyp to fulfil my honours requirement. I have 2 years of research experience including a UROPs. However, I am not too confident about going for the fyp during my honours year but at the same time, I understand that duke-nus looks favourably at research. Can I ask if my chances of admission to duke-nus will be lowered if I choose to do an internship instead of the fyp that I see most people are doing?

Any advice would be much appreciated. Thank you!

Hi guys, would like some advice here. I will be in my final year of studies at NUS soon and have the option to do an internship or fyp to fulfil my honours requirement. I have 2 years of research experience including a UROPs. However, I am not too confident about going for the fyp during my honours year but at the same time, I understand that duke-nus looks favourably at research. Can I ask if my chances of admission to duke-nus will be lowered if I choose to do an internship instead of the fyp that I see most people are doing?

Any advice would be much appreciated. Thank you!

Will you be doing an internship in a clinical/hospital setting?

Just got an MD offer! Applied MD/PhD, still waiting on PhD. International student who interviewed at Durham on Nov 8th.

Last edited:
Just got an MD offer! Applied MD/PhD, still waiting on PhD. International student who interviewed at Durham on Nov 8th

Congratulations!! I interviewed on the same day. Still waiting on mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1 user
Just got an MD offer! Applied MD/PhD, still waiting on PhD. International student who interviewed at Durham on Nov 8th
Congrats! Interviewed a month after you so hopefully I can get my results soon lol

Sent from my TA-1012 using Tapatalk

Just got an MD offer too! Singaporean applicant but interviewed at Durham on 9th nov

Just got an offer! International applicant from Durham applicant day Nov 8th. Congrats to all who got the offer and for those who didn't, hang in there because apparently they send out offers individually.

Congrats to those who received the offer. Still no message. I guess it is just not my year.

Congratulations to y’all who got the email!
Nothing for me. :dead:

Hello! I went to the 19 nov applicant day too! I also got my offer yesterday! Is there a WhatsApp chat or Facebook group that’s set up that I could join please?
Message me your number and I'll add you to the whatsapp group!

Any good news lately? Araedia, ReginaZ0403, toffeefudge, absolutelyfond, Happyboy94 Congrats!! do you mind sharing your stats?

Guys if waitlisted would we receive an email notice about it? Waiting for interview outcome! Anyone in same boat?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Hello guys,
I believe I am one of the very late applicants. Completed the application, but took MCAT yesterday. The chances to get in might be low but just tried

From Nepal, currently in the USA.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Hi guys, do you know if Duke-nus will send out rejection letters for unsuccessful cases or silence means rejection?

Hi guys, do you know if Duke-nus will send out rejection letters for unsuccessful cases or silence means rejection?

I believe they will at least email us the results.

Based on past years' thread, waitlist results are out starting from Feb.

If the number of applicants in Jan is very low, our chances are still very high.

I believe they will at least email us the results.

Based on past years' thread, waitlist results are out starting from Feb.

If the number of applicants in Jan is very low, our chances are still very high.

Thanks proteinworker. I have never known that waiting is this hard.

Just received an email from Duke-NUS and I was terrified -- but turns out to be just an ad for the mini open house.