2018-2019 Duke-NUS Graduate Medical School Application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I got you, mate. I also got rejected from NUS CSI last week, so I am actually thinking about finding a research job. Are you planning to reapply next year?
Hey Bro, I received my PhD offer in IBM this Monday, It seems that someone rejected his offer and opened a slot for me.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey Bro, I received my PhD offer in IBM this Monday, It seems that someone rejected his offer and opened a slot for me.
Lucky for you. I have just sent over 30 emails for RA application last week... I don't really think I got any hope. Are you planning to take it? Can I please ask about your curriculum as a reference or anything?

Yeah I think that reddit kid is just confused. I stalked the past few years of DukeNUS threads and it seems sometimes they send out the very last batch around April 27-30. So I'm holding onto hope still :)

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I think it's this one:

I thought all the Applicant Days are over, so this seems a little odd...

Actually the reddit kid is not confused. It is a new special track for A' level students who are applying to university. Basically, it becomes an 8 year program. 4 years in another university (SMU in this case) and then a straight pathway to 4 years more in Duke-NUS. Basically its an undergrad and MD programme mixed into 1. So thats why they are getting interviewed at an undergrad level.

Lucky for you. I have just sent over 30 emails for RA application last week... I don't really think I got any hope. Are you planning to take it? Can I please ask about your curriculum as a reference or anything?
Yes, I am gonna take it. Sure, ask me anything if I can help.

Just to update everyone, I believe final
decisions are going out this week and the next. Received my PhD rejection day before yesterday. I plan on applying second year as well. Ah.

Sorry to hear about your rejection, but thanks for the update! I guess no news is good news at this point. Did you get a rejection for the MD portion as well?

Edit: never mind I just saw that you'd already been accepted for MD program

Just to update everyone, I believe final
decisions are going out this week and the next. Received my PhD rejection day before yesterday. I plan on applying second year as well. Ah.

It feels to me like at least 20 people are left in limbo though. Will the results really come out so quickly?

Yes at least that’s what their website says, we should all know within the next week and two days. Fingers crossed! :)

Seems they're sending out personalized letters today. Good news anyone? I haven't heard back yet. :(

Members don't see this ad :)
How did you hear of this? Do you know if the second person was rejected pre or post-interview?

I know of both through private messaging. Second was post interview, literally happened yesterday morning. :(
I do think at this point we might be waitlisted if we haven't heard back :( but of course we never know until we know

According to the poster above there are still acceptances and rejections going out, so it seems like anything's possible.

I don't know about continuosly going out, maybe others haven't posted on SDN but it seems like everything happened just yesterday. I'm really not sure why they're keeping the rest of us waiting. I'm also doubtful whether there are even spots left at this point

I'm also doubtful whether there are even spots left at this point

When I attended their mini open house, the dean shared that they are so committed to admitting only the best students that they have never accepted more than their maximum class size, even knowing that inevitably there will be people who would withdraw their offer and they won't fill up the incoming class. (Which makes you ponder when you consider that they do waitlist people, and since the purpose of a waitlist is for a school to have "back-up" students in case they don't fill up the class, doesn't this mean that pretty much all the waitlisted students at Duke-NUS will eventually get accepted?) So I wouldn't worry too much about the lack of spots.

Anyway, like they said in their FAQ, all applicants will be updated of their status by April. So all of us remaining applicants who are still "under review" just need to hang in there for a few more days!

Accepted to Duke-NUS yesterday, interviewed on Mar 1, no FA offer yet, and they gave me until May 9 to make a decision. Best of luck for everyone anxiously waiting, I can feel you as I was in the exact same position.

Reactions: 2 users
When I attended their mini open house, the dean shared that they are so committed to admitting only the best students that they have never accepted more than their maximum class size, even knowing that inevitably there will be people who would withdraw their offer and they won't fill up the incoming class. (Which makes you ponder when you consider that they do waitlist people, and since the purpose of a waitlist is for a school to have "back-up" students in case they don't fill up the class, doesn't this mean that pretty much all the waitlisted students at Duke-NUS will eventually get accepted?) So I wouldn't worry too much about the lack of spots.

Anyway, like they said in their FAQ, all applicants will be updated of their status by April. So all of us remaining applicants who are still "under review" just need to hang in there for a few more days!

If that is true, that would mean that the rest of us can expect to receive an update sometime after 9 may, as that appears to be the decision making deadline for applicants.

Finally the last day of April... I hope Duke-NUS will honor the timeline they promised to all applicants and that we all know our application outcomes today. We all need a closure to move on with other plans in life instead of waiting and being left in suspense...

Reactions: 4 users
Just gave the school a call and was told that my application is still under review. I was also informed that not all application outcomes will be out today due to high volumes of applications. So some of us might hear back in May...

Just gave the school a call and was told that my application is still under review. I was also informed that not all application outcomes will be out today due to high volumes of applications. So some of us might hear back in May...
Thanks for letting us know. It's pretty crappy that they're not sticking to their April deadline. Guess it's more waiting then...

This is very strange, they could have just sent an email saying that our applications are currently being reviewed though. It is better than nothing.

It’s been six months since my interview, what’s a few more weeks right? :shifty:

I called as well. They said if you haven't been rejected yet then you're still being considered. They'll let you know if you're rejected or wait listed by the end of May (ughh keep pushing back that timeline). Wait list is held until July when the class is finalized. The best way to check your status is through the online portal.

And the portal has been down for am hour or so. High traffic overloading servers?

Emailed them to check, they basically told me what they told everyone else - application still under consideration, and we will hear by end May.

Man I was so excited for today, thought we would finally get our results :(

The waitlist sounds horrible! What are the chances of getting off the waitlist for a tiny class of 60??!! :eek:

Since yesterday, I couldn't access the online portal... Delaying deadline, going missing online - this school is acting very suspicious. :eek:

The waitlist sounds horrible! What are the chances of getting off the waitlist for a tiny class of 60??!! :eek:
Hey! Hopefully you hear good news soon! If it is of ANY consolation, they said this year they aimed to increase the class size up to 72 students (from my applicant day). Hang in there!!!

Reactions: 2 users
Hi guys, when is the last day that those with offer need to provide a firm confirmation that you will attend the school?

If I’m assuming correctly, if we haven’t heard anything back, it’s either going to be a rejection or a waitlist?
Oh man. Both no bueno :arghh: