2018-2019 Duke University School of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I really hope it's tomorrow & that we all get good news :biglove:

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 9 users
At this point so much time has passed that my interview feels like a distant dream

Reactions: 5 users
The closer the day gets the worse this wait gets!!

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I just feel defeated and ready for my R at this point :’) i can’t think about my mmi any longer

Reactions: 1 users
I think tomorrow is when they will start calling which means it will spill into Monday. :(

Reactions: 1 user
Everyone in Durham is sad after last nights game - gotta give them a day to recover before making calls ;)

Reactions: 4 users
how did it go from tomorrow at the absolute latest to hopefully tomorrow :( playin with my emotions

Reactions: 6 users
how did it go from tomorrow at the absolute latest to hopefully tomorrow :( playin with my emotions
That is exactly what I was thinking! What does “hopefully” mean...? o_O
I just need to be sedated until all the responses are released :D

I think what makes me most frustrated about this process is the fact they keep pushing decisions back like why can’t anyone stick to a date to release decisions....

Yeah I feel for them, they seem stressed too. I've been wondering what it might be! Still really hoping we get to hear tomorrow

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
it's definitely frustrating. they did tell us the end of feb/early march, though, and the admissions staff has been nice enough to share updates of where they are in the process. it kinda seems like there's something up behind the scenes that they weren't expecting given the moving timeline
Yes, I definitely agree with this! The entire staff is so nice and patient. A lot of the reason I liked Duke Med so much was the friendliness of everyone there. :)

Last edited:
Does anyone know if it's calls only or do emails also go out tomorrow? I'll be very busy tomorrow with a family matter and will likely have my phone off.

Does anyone know if it's calls only or do emails also go out tomorrow? I'll be very busy tomorrow with a family matter and will likely have my phone off.
From my understanding, it's call first and then all decisions out by email at a later day

it's definitely frustrating. they did tell us the end of feb/early march, though, and the admissions staff has been nice enough to share updates of where they are in the process. it kinda seems like there's something up behind the scenes that they weren't expecting given the moving timeline
Yes you’re right, worrying and talking about it just helps the time pass for me lol :confused:

I don’t think I’ll be able to sleep tonight:nailbiting:

this is agonizing!!!!!! I hope it's today.

Can someone make an anonymous call to admissions lol

Called yesterday and they said today, spilling over into Monday.

Does anyone know if it's an even split between those that get a call today and those that get one Monday? Or do most of the calls happen today?

It's so weird not knowing if you'll hear like in a couple hours or on Monday! Trying to focus in my classes but the struggle is real

I know acceptance calls can go into Monday, but does any one know when portals/ emails are sent out with rejections?

does it seem like they are going in alphabetical order or order of interviewees or anything?

I’m early-ish alphabet, possibly? Also good luck to everyone still waiting, I hope good news is coming your way :)

Reactions: 3 users
in last years it sounds like it was random, so i guess it's that way this year too! more anxiousness yayyyyyy

currently crapping my pants at a job with horrible reception ****sos*****

SHAKING. Accepted just now! Literally *ran* out of my class

Reactions: 9 users
Oh my gosh! I am about to cry! Accepted!!!!! I was part of the last interview group! :D

Reactions: 10 users
Holy cow I can't even believe this is real but ACCEPTED!!!!! Interviewed 11/1!!

does it seem like they are going in alphabetical order or order of interviewees or anything?
This question comes up every year along with guesses about maybe it is order of interview days/months. From what I have seen there is no rhyme or reason to the order in which calls come. Sit tight everyone and try to be as patient as possible.

Congrats to those accepted! Welcome to the Duke fam.

For those accepted, does Duke show up on the AMCAS “Choose Your Medical School” tool? I’d be interested to see if that’s an alternative way to check if we’re accepted.
Dr. Yee said we should get an email on Monday with our acceptance and all of the info for second look etc.

Congrats to those accepted! Did you receive calls from faculty members?

Congrats to everyone accepted!!!! What time do they wrap up calling today?